Home

Konami's Making Power Pros 2016 (PS4/PS3/Vita) & Pro Yakyuu Spirits Ace (iOS/Android)

This is a discussion on Konami's Making Power Pros 2016 (PS4/PS3/Vita) & Pro Yakyuu Spirits Ace (iOS/Android) within the Other Baseball Games forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Other Baseball Games
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 05-20-2016, 08:38 PM   #241
MVP

strawberryshortcake's Arena

OVR: 3
Re: Konami's Making Power Pros 2016 (PS4/PS3/Vita) & Pro Yakyuu Spirits Ace (iOS/Andr

By the way, what kind of capture device are you, Jyoung, using?

At around the 8:37 mark, you were questioning what a specific type of pitch or ability could be, I managed to stumble onto a website saying that it's a "Screw Ball." Haven't gotten around to the entire video, but just want to add my two cents from research.

(screw) シュート (ball) ボール

http://www.eudict.com/?lang=engjpk&w...r%2C+screwball

Quote:
Originally Posted by jyoung
Here's a walkthrough of everything you need to know to play the new Powerful Festival mode:

I thought it was going to have lots of story like Success mode but it's actually pretty straightforward and easy to learn. I've had a lot of fun playing it aside from the settings restrictions it places on your pitching and hitting cursors. The hitting assist is completely turned off, plus you don't get the option to remove the baseball icon and the white background from the shrinking circle if you choose to pitch on 2-button mode. Because of that, I'm not hitting or pitching nearly as well in this mode as I have been in versus and season modes.
Madden/Live Animations Walking, Throwing

Last edited by strawberryshortcake; 05-20-2016 at 10:08 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-20-2016, 10:27 PM   #242
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 38
Re: Konami's Making Power Pros 2016 (PS4/PS3/Vita) & Pro Yakyuu Spirits Ace (iOS/Andr

Quote:
Originally Posted by strawberryshortcake
At around the 8:37 mark, you were questioning what a specific type of pitch or ability could be, I managed to stumble onto a website saying that it's a "Screw Ball." Haven't gotten around to the entire video, but just want to add my two cents from research.
Yeah I figured it was some type of specialty pitch since all of the ones right above it are pitch types. I still think that you're better off picking velocity or control as your attribute emphasis if you really want to make a pitcher for the festival mode. But there are already so many good pitchers who are rival players that I don't think it's worth wasting your created character on a pitcher.

Quote:
By the way, what kind of capture device are you using?
El Gato HD 60 for video. Audacity + Samson C01U mic for commentary. Windows Movie Maker for editing.
Old 05-23-2016, 10:29 PM   #243
MVP

Quote:
Yeah I figured it was some type of specialty pitch since all of the ones right above it are pitch types. I still think that you're better off picking velocity or control as your attribute emphasis if you really want to make a pitcher for the festival mode. But there are already so many good pitchers who are rival players that I don't think it's worth wasting your created character on a pitcher.

El Gato HD 60 for video. Audacity + Samson C01U mic for commentary. Windows Movie Maker for editing.
Is the Elgato HD60 better than your previous capture device if you had one? Any concerns? Ps3 compatible?

Got the game early today. Despite watching a lot of youtube footage, I had to take about 5 to 10 minutes to get acclimated to the character designs considering I was also gaming Pro Yakyuu Spirits straight for the past week. The gameplay is still fantastic, but one thing that was going to stop me from playing was the controller's left stick hypersensitivity. Only a few months old controller, the left stick on screen cursor had spastic tremors, twitches, and simply uncontrollable. No, it's not the games fault, it's the controller.

Dr youtube's recommendation was to blow on the left stick. Dusty maybe? But it worked.
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=2jyDYJPbEfE

Last edited by strawberryshortcake; 05-23-2016 at 10:33 PM.
Old 05-23-2016, 10:56 PM   #244
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 38

Quote:
one thing that was going to stop me from playing was the controller's left stick hypersensitivity. Only a few months old controller, the left stick on screen cursor had spastic tremors, twitches, and simply uncontrollable. No, it's not the games fault, it's the controller.
I have the same problem and it's not your controller it's just the game being tuned to a weird sensitivity setting. I bought a brand new controller and the cursor is still super sensitive. The best way to counteract that problem is to turn on the hitting assist. I play on level 2 hitting assist. There's no solution to help your pitching cursor, though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by strawberryshortcake
Is the Elgato HD60 better than your previous capture device if you had one? Any concerns? Ps3 compatible?
Any system that outputs HDMI will work with the El Gato. I use it for all my systems, even going as far back as the SNES and Genesis.
Old 05-24-2016, 01:17 AM   #245
Pro

OVR: 0

Must be a personal thing as I can't really see anything about the L stick being extra sensitive. Maybe its just the ps4 controller vs ps3.

Last edited by Will I Am; 05-24-2016 at 01:31 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-24-2016, 02:01 AM   #246
MVP

Quote:
I have the same problem and it's not your controller it's just the game being tuned to a weird sensitivity setting. I bought a brand new controller and the cursor is still super sensitive. The best way to counteract that problem is to turn on the hitting assist. I play on level 2 hitting assist. There's no solution to help your pitching cursor, though.

Any system that outputs HDMI will work with the El Gato. I use it for all my systems, even going as far back as the SNES and Genesis.

Here's what I'm referring to:

My good controller's left analog stick was also very jumpy for the past few months. But fixed it just a few hours ago with the blowing method.

I just dealt with it because NBA2k16 and MLBtheShow16 didn't exactly require precision input. On the flip side, Jikkyou bat-ball interaction definitely requires more precision. I was either about to give up, go buy a new DS4 controller, or find Dr. Youtube and see if s/he can give me a possible diagnosis on how to fix the controller. That one video above had me blow on my left analog stick, and low and behold the problem went away. It's as if I have a completely new controller despite it being a few months young.

My day one controller is pretty much a lost cause as you can see from videos 1 and 2. Video 3 and 4 is of my good controller.

(A) Videos part 1 (batter cursor jumpy spastic tremors) and part 2 (pitcher's cursor jumpy spastic tremors).

(B) Videos part 3 (batter cursor - perfectly fine) and part 4 (pitcher's cursor - perfectly fine)

Old 05-24-2016, 10:49 AM   #247
Pro

OVR: 0

Good grief that would have been impossible to play with. Mine is nice and steady like in your fixed video. By the way did you just blow with your mouth or did you need to use compressed air of some sort?
Old 05-24-2016, 12:49 PM   #248
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Will I Am
Good grief that would have been impossible to play with. Mine is nice and steady like in your fixed video. By the way did you just blow with your mouth or did you need to use compressed air of some sort?
Yep, just blew the left stick with my mouth and it worked.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Other Baseball Games »