Home

PES 2017: Everything We'd Like to See Added

This is a discussion on PES 2017: Everything We'd Like to See Added within the eFootball - Pro Evolution Soccer forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > eFootball - Pro Evolution Soccer
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 05-10-2016, 07:49 AM   #9
Rookie

OVR: 7
My most wanted improvement in PES 17 would have to be in the my player game mode. I want to be able to control/play as the entire team, ala FIFA, and set my player up for goals and assists. In my opinion, that would make it the only soccer some that mattered.
Old 05-10-2016, 02:12 PM   #10
Pro

stevostl's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: PES 2017: Everything We'd Like to See Added

how can not wanting Konami and PES to introduce clubs online be on this list of things to see added ?

this is beyond me.. but this is the best modes in online sports video gaming that NHL EASHL started.. and then FIFA picked up but have since not upgraded the last few years..

and in PES.. one of the best things that made PES 5, or 6 or the old PES games on PS2 so famous is because it was the best multiplayer sports game offline by far back then and so addicting.

if Konami introduced this mode online to where they had clubs and the servers actually worked in PES.. this would be incredible for rejuvenating this series.

ONLINE PLAY in GENERAL should be KONAMI's top priority... until they make it their top priority they have no chance in to even remotely compete with FIFA.. ONLINE PLAY SHOULD BE #1 BEFORE EVERYTHING ELSE FOR KONAMI!

if they were able to actually able to have a good online... many people will not even buy FIFA just because of that... regardless of not having licenses or not.

Last edited by stevostl; 05-10-2016 at 02:15 PM.
Old 05-10-2016, 05:03 PM   #11
Chelsea, Assemble!

Altimus's Arena

OVR: 58

I would argue it's all about game play for PES, always has been and this year it was kind of weak.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-10-2016, 05:23 PM   #12
Hall Of Fame

Matt10's Arena

OVR: 23

Quote:
Originally Posted by Altimus
I would argue it's all about game play for PES, always has been and this year it was kind of weak.
Yup. It was very, very, bad. What's the point of adjusting anything off the pitch if the on the pitch product was...bad?
Old 05-10-2016, 10:04 PM   #13
graphic artist

C.J.S.'s Arena

OVR: 2
Why not scrap everything except UEFA.
Put all resources into that with fully licensed everything in UEFA
Old 05-11-2016, 12:59 AM   #14
Pro

stevostl's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt10
Yup. It was very, very, bad. What's the point of adjusting anything off the pitch if the on the pitch product was...bad?
the gameplay in pes can be better for sure but to act like FIFA's game play is far superior is an exaggeration. most people who buy FIFA play it online and that is without the sliders.. that game play in some cases is not even better than PES. for me.. even FIFA with your sliders the gameplay is not far superior.

PES though obviously has some major flaws in the gameplay.. #1 being the foul system but some of the core gameplay, flow and pace of the match, and tactics is better than FIFA imo

FIFA online is probably the most popular sports game world wide.... and PES is still like 6 years behind it in this regard which is why it will never compete until they make it their #1 priority
Old 05-11-2016, 01:11 AM   #15
Hall Of Fame

Matt10's Arena

OVR: 23

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevostl
the gameplay in pes can be better for sure but to act like FIFA's game play is far superior is an exaggeration. most people who buy FIFA play it online and that is without the sliders.. that game play in some cases is not even better than PES. for me.. even FIFA wit your sliders the gameplay is not far superior.

PES though obviously has some major flaws in the gameplay.. #1 being the foul system but some of the core gameplay, flow and pace of the match, and tactics is better than FIFA imo

FIFA online is probably the most popular sports game world wide.... and PES is still like 6 years behind it in this regard which is why it will never compete until they make it their #1 priority
Yeah, never said FIFA was superior, but it is at least playable - let's leave it at that.

The issue with PES 16 is the fact it's missing everything that made PES 6 great, and PES 13 the proper send off to the series. The new Fox engine handicapped the game to work within a very specific box, and never got out of that box. This was evidenced by the canned low shots on goal that the GK could never save, the defensive line retreating with the forward (versus holding their line), and every single shot looking like a blast of perfect contact.

Those are just some of the issues, tactics are effective, but so effective that it made the players robotic, and mindless. Also, the collision recognition system needs priority as the plays that look like fouls, need to be called - because it does look good.

The good thing is, those are the only true issues with gameplay. FIFA have a lot more issues from formation implementation, proper width, scale of pitch size, animations, misleading statistics - aka very basic football/soccer fundamentals. However, sliders give it an out in some areas - but they are definitely not saviors of the game, just make it playable.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-11-2016, 02:42 AM   #16
MVP

strawberryshortcake's Arena

OVR: 3

Two things based on the PES16 demos:

(1) Less accurate passes; more passing errors for both the user and cpu; PES's passing is far too accurate. The ability to ping pong pass needs to be scraped. In order to make the passing feel more realistic, I decided to pass solely using the "through pass" button and that made a world of a difference. It felt much more lively. Unfortunately, there are no sliders or options to force the CPU to also use the "pass through mechanic" for all passing plays.

(2) Remove the button that you'd hold down to chase after the player with control of the ball. Stealing the ball with this tactic seems much too easy.

I was so certain upon playing both demos that I was going to buy PES16, but after having seen Matt10's twitch stream, he made me realize the flaw to PES's passing mechanics. I decided to forgo both titles unfortunately. My first and only soccer game was PES14. Never ever bought a FIFA title before, but the FIFA16 demo's passing mechanics and the stealing mechanics seems far superior to PES16's.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt10
Yeah, never said FIFA was superior, but it is at least playable - let's leave it at that.

The issue with PES 16 is the fact it's missing everything that made PES 6 great, and PES 13 the proper send off to the series. The new Fox engine handicapped the game to work within a very specific box, and never got out of that box. This was evidenced by the canned low shots on goal that the GK could never save, the defensive line retreating with the forward (versus holding their line), and every single shot looking like a blast of perfect contact.

Those are just some of the issues, tactics are effective, but so effective that it made the players robotic, and mindless. Also, the collision recognition system needs priority as the plays that look like fouls, need to be called - because it does look good.

The good thing is, those are the only true issues with gameplay. FIFA have a lot more issues from formation implementation, proper width, scale of pitch size, animations, misleading statistics - aka very basic football/soccer fundamentals. However, sliders give it an out in some areas - but they are definitely not saviors of the game, just make it playable.
You probably don't remember our very brief conversation (twitch stream) way back when the demo for both came out. I was curious about this whole "passing accuracy, passing error," or whatever the terminology that you specified was clearly superior in Fifa. You twitch streamed an old video of FIFA showcasing what you meant. Shouldn't the passing in PES17 be overhauled as well -- it is far to "accurate" in PES16.
Madden/Live Animations Walking, Throwing

« Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > eFootball - Pro Evolution Soccer »