Home

Konami's Making Power Pros 2016 (PS4/PS3/Vita) & Pro Yakyuu Spirits Ace (iOS/Android)

This is a discussion on Konami's Making Power Pros 2016 (PS4/PS3/Vita) & Pro Yakyuu Spirits Ace (iOS/Android) within the Other Baseball Games forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Other Baseball Games
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 05-06-2016, 09:44 AM   #225
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: Konami's Making Power Pros 2016 (PS4/PS3/Vita) & Pro Yakyuu Spirits Ace (iOS/Andr

Quote:
Originally Posted by KBLover
I might have to get the PS3 version of this game. I've always wanted to try a game in this series.

I'm already armed with the google translate app from playing foreign app games
So,the PS3 games in the series were only Japanese as well, correct?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-06-2016, 02:20 PM   #226
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 38
Re: Konami's Making Power Pros 2016 (PS4/PS3/Vita) & Pro Yakyuu Spirits Ace (iOS/Andr

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twigg4075
So,the PS3 games in the series were only Japanese as well, correct?
Yes, but there was a licensed MLB version called MLB Bobblehead Pros if you prefer to play with that league on PS3:

Looks like it goes for $8 on Amazon:

http://www.amazon.com/MLB-Bobblehead...=operasport-20

This disc version is the only way to buy the game now since the digital version was removed from PSN and XBLA once Konami's licensing agreement with MLB expired.
Old 05-06-2016, 03:01 PM   #227
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jyoung
Yes, but there was a licensed MLB version called MLB Bobblehead Pros if you prefer to play with that league on PS3:

Looks like it goes for $8 on Amazon:

http://www.amazon.com/MLB-Bobblehead...=operasport-20

This disc version is the only way to buy the game now since the digital version was removed from PSN and XBLA once Konami's licensing agreement with MLB expired.
Yeah, I have Bobblehead Pros for 360. I think you and I tried to hook up to play some HR derby dlc a while back. You were hoping that I could play if you invited me even though I didn't have the dlc but it wouldn't work.

So, does this import have an English language option? I guess not. Full trophy list?

Sent from my Galaxy Note 4 using Tapatalk
Old 05-06-2016, 03:53 PM   #228
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 38

The text is in Japanese. The difference between the disc and the digital versions of Bobblehead Pros is that the disc has all of the modes whereas the digital versions were split up into three separate games that were sold independently (main game, derby DLC, battle DLC).

I have the main game and the battle DLC on Xbox 360, but I didn't buy the derby DLC before Konami suddenly removed it form the store with no warning.

Last edited by jyoung; 05-06-2016 at 03:56 PM.
Old 05-06-2016, 06:27 PM   #229
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jyoung
The text is in Japanese. The difference between the disc and the digital versions of Bobblehead Pros is that the disc has all of the modes whereas the digital versions were split up into three separate games that were sold independently (main game, derby DLC, battle DLC).

I have the main game and the battle DLC on Xbox 360, but I didn't buy the derby DLC before Konami suddenly removed it form the store with no warning.
It must've been battle mode we tried to play then.

It looks like this game does have a platinum even though it's only 24 trophies. For that price I'll give it a go.

Sent from my Galaxy Note 4 using Tapatalk
Old 05-08-2016, 04:43 PM   #230
MVP

strawberryshortcake's Arena

OVR: 3

In addition to Power Pros 2016, I also decided to all pick up a used copy of Pro Yakyuu Spirits 2015 (PS3) from the United States (so it'll arrive much sooner than Amazon Japan's Power Pros). Don't know if Pro Yakyuu Spirits will continue on the PS4, so I might as well pick up the latest version. It might very well be the last iteration for consoles. Would be highly disappointed if it turns out to be the case.

Pro Yakyuu Spirits 06

=====================
Despite not winning a single game, I've been having a blast with Pro Yakyuu Spirits 06 for the past few days on one of the more difficult levels. Bought this version several years ago. Actually didn't even play much of this game when I first got it because of the language barrier. This time I said what the heck, get some type of translator (google translator) and just go with it. So glad I did.

The gameplay mechanics are absolutely amazing and changing the difficulty doesn't affect it. The ball physics is world class. Hitting may look easy, but it definitely is not. I have yet to hit a homerun in the game. Doubles down the line that actually reaches the wall, plenty of bloopers, infield choppers (and they are all different due to the ball-bat interaction physics), a scorcher past the infield, just let the ball and bat physics play out. It's extremely rewarding. The same can be said for the defense. Don't have to be frustrated with the game not having "urgency" animations trigger in the appropriate situations. Urgency animations triggers when you want to; YOU ARE IN CONTROL. That is key. Relay throws, double plays, amazing defense diving plays, hot shot to the corners, etc. The animations simply fit the situations.

The animations are incredibly realistic. Nothing ever feels scripted, ever, not even fielding or throwing errors; errors happens because it's on you. Everything feels natural and organically driven. The replay angles and the various dynamic in game camera angles truly mimics live television broadcast. The subtle animation nuances truly help breath life into the game.

Absolutely gaming bliss. I know it's high praise, but it deserves it. Should have discovered this game from day one.
=====================

If Power Pros (Jikkyou) is anything like Pro Yakyuu Spirits (and based on gameplay footage, they both look like the same exact game, the only difference being character design), then I can safely declare these two as two of the best sports franchises on the market with some of the best on the field gameplay.

Madden/Live Animations Walking, Throwing

Last edited by strawberryshortcake; 05-08-2016 at 08:21 PM.
Old 05-08-2016, 06:01 PM   #231
Rookie

Shadak's Arena

OVR: 2

Agreed, amazing gameplay..

Im actually thinking about getting the rest of the PYS titles. Currently have 2013, 2014, 2015 on my shelf. I think they work on PS3 since PYS 4 (2007).
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-09-2016, 06:25 PM   #232
MVP

strawberryshortcake's Arena

OVR: 3

I've also been trying to "memorize" the Japanese characters for batting/pitching special skills as I watch youtube footage of both Yakyuu and Jikkyou. If I can learn/remember just one or two every day, and review the ones I've already learn, that would up the experience.

http://www.spiritstranslation.com/sp...s/hitters.html
http://www.spiritstranslation.com/sp.../pitchers.html

Quote:
Originally Posted by saintjimbo1885
Unless you play with the cursor off, you will not get many balls/walks.

So my advice would be to start on pitching difficulty hard but with the slowest pitch speed and as you grow accustomed to hitting this way, gradually increase the speed until you find a level that is a "fair" challenge for you.

The other alternative is to leave the cursor on fade but ramp the pitch speed up to a faster level and/or increase the pitch difficulty so that the cursor dances about the strike zone.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadak
I cant decide what cursor to use. OFF is quite hard for me but Fade is too easy and even with real point I can tell too quickly if its going to be a ball :-/
Where's the option to turn the pitch cursor off? I still can't hit for buckets even with the cursor on, but would be nice to up the difficulty even as I continue to get better.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadak
Agreed, amazing gameplay..

Im actually thinking about getting the rest of the PYS titles. Currently have 2013, 2014, 2015 on my shelf. I think they work on PS3 since PYS 4 (2007).
Any particular reason to grab the previous version? Maybe a collector's item only is what I would assume.
Madden/Live Animations Walking, Throwing

Last edited by strawberryshortcake; 05-09-2016 at 06:31 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Other Baseball Games »