Home

MLB The Show 16 Patch 1.04 Available Now, Here Are The Details

This is a discussion on MLB The Show 16 Patch 1.04 Available Now, Here Are The Details within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 05-03-2016, 01:25 PM   #241
The Lama

Armor and Sword's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: MLB The Show 16 Patch 1.04 Available Now, Here Are The Details

After 4 full games post patch 1.04 in franchise mode with my settings (check the slider thread for details):

Game plays like melted butter. The glitch/choppy check swing animation has virtually been eliminated. I only saw it once in 4 games and it was on a chased hard and away slider where I checked swung and it kind of was semi choppy but not nearly as bad as pre/patch. Before the patch It happened all the time. I check swing a lot and it was driving me insane. Now I can be happy.

OF routes were definitely tweaked for the better. They are looking even more organic and natural and not every thing is automatic. Guys make mis-reads and make errors where appropriate. Even saw one on a routine fly ball by Justin Upton and it was a welcomed shocker. It happens IRL. So it's nice to see on The Show it can happen as well once in a while with very good defensive players.

Offline, with a clean screen approach I am loving this game immensely. Best version of The Show ever. And seriously it has made the previous versions dinosaurs for me. I can't stress enough how great the hitting variety and ball physics are this year. It's like a new game IMO. The new running styles are fantastic. The face that steals are not automatic, bunts are not automatic.

So many little improvements. The patch for offline franchise gameplay has really smoothed out some things and tuned some things for the better. Much better.

One more patch to iron out some other stuff which has been talked about endlessly and we have an amazing game.

Very good patch for gameplay offline (for my style of play and game settings). I can't speak for other interfaces, settings etc. Only the way I approach the game.
NHL25 - Panthers YR1 (2-1)
MLB 20 The Show - Classic Rosters and Yankees YR8
Star Wars Outlaws

Follow me on Twitch
https://www.twitch.tv/armorandsword
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-03-2016, 01:30 PM   #242
Hall Of Fame

KBLover's Arena

OVR: 40

Quote:
Originally Posted by bcruise
Dynamic is not affected by that. It's always the stated difficulty level regardless of which part of the organization (AA, AAA, or MLB) you're at. Beginner is the same as well.

That's in the Strategy Guide in "Other-Miscellaneous 3"

I might have to use Dynamic then whenever I get around to trying an RTTS.

Always hated the idea of the "level modifier". Never made sense to me.
Old 05-03-2016, 02:17 PM   #243
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Armor and Sword
After 4 full games post patch 1.04 in franchise mode with my settings (check the slider thread for details):

Game plays like melted butter. The glitch/choppy check swing animation has virtually been eliminated. I only saw it once in 4 games and it was on a chased hard and away slider where I checked swung and it kind of was semi choppy but not nearly as bad as pre/patch. Before the patch It happened all the time. I check swing a lot and it was driving me insane. Now I can be happy.

OF routes were definitely tweaked for the better. They are looking even more organic and natural and not every thing is automatic. Guys make mis-reads and make errors where appropriate. Even saw one on a routine fly ball by Justin Upton and it was a welcomed shocker. It happens IRL. So it's nice to see on The Show it can happen as well once in a while with very good defensive players.

Offline, with a clean screen approach I am loving this game immensely. Best version of The Show ever. And seriously it has made the previous versions dinosaurs for me. I can't stress enough how great the hitting variety and ball physics are this year. It's like a new game IMO. The new running styles are fantastic. The face that steals are not automatic, bunts are not automatic.

So many little improvements. The patch for offline franchise gameplay has really smoothed out some things and tuned some things for the better. Much better.

One more patch to iron out some other stuff which has been talked about endlessly and we have an amazing game.

Very good patch for gameplay offline (for my style of play and game settings). I can't speak for other interfaces, settings etc. Only the way I approach the game.

Hey Armor,

Curious on how you play Offline Franchise mode. Do you use a created player with Player Lock and try to build that player up over the season? Or do you control the full team meaning from the pitcher and position players on defense to batting for all hitters on offense?
Old 05-03-2016, 02:23 PM   #244
The Lama

Armor and Sword's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by jada855
Hey Armor,

Curious on how you play Offline Franchise mode. Do you use a created player with Player Lock and try to build that player up over the season? Or do you control the full team meaning from the pitcher and position players on defense to batting for all hitters on offense?
No player lock. I use the entire roster and hit and pitch. I also make all throws on defense (button throwing no meter all ratings based) but use auto fielding for ratings based defense. I play on Classic Pitching and Directional/Timed hitting with a totally clean screen. I do use the ball marker though to pitch. That is the only visual aid I employ. I also use default base running so I control my base runners. I do not use auto base running.
Star Wars Outlaws

Follow me on Twitch
Old 05-03-2016, 02:40 PM   #245
Rookie

hb5239799's Arena

OVR: 3

Quote:

Hitting has vastly improved for me (using TNK & PsychoBulk 2016 Sliders, v3). I only have a sample size of 3 offline franchise games post-patch, but gameplay seems smooth and very realistic for me.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-03-2016, 02:42 PM   #246
Rookie

vbarletta's Arena

OVR: 1

By "One more patch to iron out some other stuff which has been talked about endlessly", you mean the base running thing?
I haven't had a chance to play much since the patch, so the issue is real?

Quote:

Old 05-03-2016, 02:57 PM   #247
The Lama

Armor and Sword's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by vbarletta
By "One more patch to iron out some other stuff which has been talked about endlessly", you mean the base running thing?
I haven't had a chance to play much since the patch, so the issue is real?
Some classic base running bugs that emerged apparently post patch. And online needs fixes again post patch.

Offline though.....the game is playing amazingly for me. Best Show ever despite some minor gripes about OSD decisions (batter walk up stats cough cough lol)
Star Wars Outlaws

Follow me on Twitch
Old 05-03-2016, 02:59 PM   #248
Then..Now...Forever

countryboy's Arena

OVR: 62

Quote:
Some classic base running bugs that emerged apparently post patch. And online needs fixes again post patch.

Offline though.....the game is playing amazingly for me. Best Show ever despite some minor gripes about OSD decisions (batter walk up stats cough cough lol)
Agreed.

I don't play online or games like DD or conquest and this game is absolutely amazing. There are things like you that I wish were/weren't done, but my overall experience has been that this is easily the best of the series.

I miss the old days of Operation Sports :(

Louisville Cardinals/St.Louis Cardinals

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »