Home

MLB The Show 16 Patch 1.04 Available Now, Here Are The Details

This is a discussion on MLB The Show 16 Patch 1.04 Available Now, Here Are The Details within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 05-02-2016, 07:49 PM   #217
Then..Now...Forever

countryboy's Arena

OVR: 62
Re: MLB The Show 16 Patch 1.04 Available Now, Here Are The Details

Looks like they fixed the issue with morale in franchise mode while connected to the servers. I fired up the game while still connected to the internet and morale was as it should be.

I miss the old days of Operation Sports :(

Louisville Cardinals/St.Louis Cardinals
Old 05-02-2016, 08:14 PM   #218
Hall Of Fame

bcruise's Arena

OVR: 48

Saw this in the first game I tried playing post-patch -

But it needs context - this isn't as simple as "lol swing analysis is broken". One specific thing I did caused it, and after I took that one thing away I never saw it again for the rest of the game. That one thing was fast-forwarding my first few times in the field.

Swing analysis between innings works differently between innings than in years past because, instead of showing the last pitch from the previous half-inning, it will show the last pitch from the batting team's previous inning. So, the first pitch analysis you see in the top of the second will be the last pitch from the top of the first. In this case there WAS no last pitch from the O's (CPU) batting half-inning, so it used a placeholder 0 MPH.

As I said, this was the only time I saw that placeholder for the rest of the game, because I then played the rest of the game out in full. It didn't happen again. It also didn't happen when I tried to re-create this situation after restarting the game, so not only did it only occur in an unusual situation, it's not even a 100% occurrence there.
Old 05-02-2016, 08:32 PM   #219
[Player 1]

thaSLAB's Arena

OVR: 30

Quote:
Originally Posted by bcruise
I saw it pre-patch. Just added 5 CS's to a player's stats whenever the SB OSD in-game appeared. Didn't affect the real stats outside of a game.

Haven't played a season/franchise mode game to check it post-patch yet (plan to today) but that pic posted was a good sign.
It seems fixed from what I've seen so far. I have pics before and after for the same player, I'll post when I log on.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bcruise
Saw this in the first game I tried playing post-patch -

But it needs context - this isn't as simple as "lol swing analysis is broken". One specific thing I did caused it, and after I took that one thing away I never saw it again for the rest of the game. That one thing was fast-forwarding my first few times in the field.

Swing analysis between innings works differently between innings than in years past because, instead of showing the last pitch from the previous half-inning, it will show the last pitch from the batting team's previous inning. So, the first pitch analysis you see in the top of the second will be the last pitch from the top of the first. In this case there WAS no last pitch from the O's (CPU) batting half-inning, so it used a placeholder 0 MPH.

As I said, this was the only time I saw that placeholder for the rest of the game, because I then played the rest of the game out in full. It didn't happen again. It also didn't happen when I tried to re-create this situation after restarting the game, so not only did it only occur in an unusual situation, it's not even a 100% occurrence there.
Great post! That extended context is key. I tried to recreate the issue after hearing about it yesterday. Of course, I couldn't, but FF is about the only thing I didn't do. I assumed people were seeing it in regular gameplay, since all of the posts insinuated that. Or basically, "this happened to me after the patch!" with no explanation of what was going on leading up to the issue.

Sent from my 831C using Tapatalk

YouTube

Last edited by thaSLAB; 05-02-2016 at 08:35 PM.
Old 05-02-2016, 08:55 PM   #220
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 33

I played a couple of games today and things looked fine to me. I did see the odd animation where batters would show as frozen in a swing pose during and after at-bats, which is admittedly off-putting visually, but I didn't see anything game play wise that was clearly off. Maybe I'm not looking closely enough, but it's business as usual in my offline franchise.
Old 05-02-2016, 09:14 PM   #221
ktm
Rookie

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stolm
As some people don't seem bothered or even notice a lot of the issues, ingnore all the comments and try it out yourself.
I want thank everyone for your quick responses. Really appreciate this group. I will now start my franchise and enjoy the game.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-02-2016, 09:14 PM   #222
Banned

Beatles's Arena

OVR: 0

Forgive me if this has been answered already but I've been on vacation for 12 days and just got back. Have they fixed the framerate and the swing display info not showing unless you enable pitch info? How about the audio saying it's foul when it's fair and various other mistakes?
Old 05-02-2016, 09:21 PM   #223
Rookie

OVR: 3

Is this a known problem, or have I not downloaded the patch? Just played second game of the season, my mets against royals, offline franchise...Armor and Swords sliders- OFSM V2.2....The reliever, Duffey came in and pitched 7 innings in relief and got the win in a 13 inning game...yes, he pitched more than the starter, they never brought another reliever in....

Anyone else have this? For me it would be game breaker in a season if you're only facing the same guy every game in a series (Duffey pitched an inning in game 1 of the series, pre patch I guess? )
Old 05-02-2016, 09:25 PM   #224
Rookie

OVR: 2

This year version is overall better, but hopefully they patch the rest off issues.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »