Home

MLB The Show 16 Patch 1.04 Available Now, Here Are The Details

This is a discussion on MLB The Show 16 Patch 1.04 Available Now, Here Are The Details within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 05-02-2016, 09:14 AM   #129
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: MLB The Show 16 Patch 1.04 Available Now, Here Are The Details

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoxFan01605
The face scan appears fine. It's just the photo, it seems. I can't at the moment, but have you tried while disconnected? Maybe it's another thing tied to the servers?
It might be the roster update that came out

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk
Old 05-02-2016, 09:20 AM   #130
All Star

SoxFan01605's Arena

OVR: 38

Quote:
Originally Posted by v356535
It might be the roster update that came out

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk
It was doing that on my other rosters as well, unfortunately.

EDIT: So, I logged in and the problem seemed to be gone. Then, after shuffling around in the rosters for a bit, it resurfaced. I logged out of PSN and, sure enough, the problem went away and stayed that way. So it does indeed seem to be some weird, minor, little bug while connected. Also, FWIW, I briefly looked around (far from a thorough check) and Pedroia's pic was the only one I noticed as goofed.

Last edited by SoxFan01605; 05-02-2016 at 10:26 AM. Reason: more info...
Old 05-02-2016, 09:37 AM   #131
MVP

OVR: 0

I'm loving the Yells from the controller. Sitting in 7.1 Surround and turning up the Yells slider is great. Now I wish the next version would be on the road taunts while you're at bat.

Someone posted about pitch speed not showing. In RTTS and Fanchise I'm getting pitch speeds.

Last edited by Impetuous65; 05-02-2016 at 11:35 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-02-2016, 09:44 AM   #132
Member of Rush Nation

CujoMatty's Arena

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoxFan01605
Maybe, but I'm certainly not one of those people and I can honestly say this is the most unpolished, poorly QA'd iteration of the game I can recall. I love this series and respect and appreciate the hell out of this dev team, but 16's release has been a mess.

It's not a bad game. In fact, the changes/additions minus the issues should, in theory, make it the best version yet and I know plenty of people are of that opinion as it stands despite the issues (which is most certainly fine as well...everyone prioritizes different things, of course). I would also say that, as an offline player, most of the issues are relatively minor in the overall scheme, meaning that they don't necessarily hinder ability to play or can be worked around to a degree. That is somewhat separate from the point though. The abysmal QA for not only the release, but also the subsequent support is thoroughly disappointing and, IMO, deserving of much of the criticism it receives.

The ship can be righted, of course, and the support effort has at least been on point, but now we need the quality to meet the effort in terms of support standard.
This really sums up how I feel. I buy every sports game every year and the show is always my favorite. This year really is no different. I love this game. I'm just really disappointed that there are so many bugs. I can understand new bugs but there are problems that have been there for years and they just seem to get ignored. Whats crappy is that every year I see the same bug or issue it bothers me a little more.
Old 05-02-2016, 09:59 AM   #133
MVP

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by CujoMatty
This really sums up how I feel. I buy every sports game every year and the show is always my favorite. This year really is no different. I love this game. I'm just really disappointed that there are so many bugs. I can understand new bugs but there are problems that have been there for years and they just seem to get ignored. Whats crappy is that every year I see the same bug or issue it bothers me a little more.

I agree that we should not be seeing the old bugs. One bug the drives me crazy is flickering sleeves on the players. SCEA specifically said they would fix it for this year. So that is disappointing. I just don't want folks to overreact because the game is still a really good game. Again, I cannot speak to the online issues. But I can definitely say that you have made this game much more enjoyable for me.
Old 05-02-2016, 10:24 AM   #134
MVP

baseballsim's Arena

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by knich
Just use auto baserunning...lol.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk
Can you turn on auto baserunning in online head to head games?

Also, default baserunning doesn't work in DD either!
Old 05-02-2016, 10:43 AM   #135
MVP

dran1984's Arena

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by ktd1976
Was efault baserunning affected?

And is anyone else upset that delayed trades weren't fixed?
Yes, I am not happy about that. It should have been one of the easier things to include in the patch. I thought for sure it would have been added on the first franchise patch. With all of the things that needed patched this one barely scratched the surface.

The other thing that has been bothering me is SCEA's response to all of this. They are usually so good at interacting with their community and they have been largely silent and non-transparent about the many bugs. They have multiple twitch streams promoting the game but they cant release one quick video or twitch stream discussing the issues with the game. They have the reputation of the game on the line here and they now have the PR fallout from this whole debacle. I know for me, I get excited every year about a new version of The Show coming out. Next year I won't have the same excitement due to no matter what they add there will still be multiple bugs or design decisions that don't make any sense at all.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-02-2016, 10:52 AM   #136
Then..Now...Forever

countryboy's Arena

OVR: 62

Quote:
Originally Posted by dran1984
Yes, I am not happy about that. It should have been one of the easier things to include in the patch. I thought for sure it would have been added on the first franchise patch. With all of the things that needed patched this one barely scratched the surface.

The other thing that has been bothering me is SCEA's response to all of this. They are usually so good at interacting with their community and they have been largely silent and non-transparent about the many bugs. They have multiple twitch streams promoting the game but they cant release one quick video or twitch stream discussing the issues with the game. They have the reputation of the game on the line here and they now have the PR fallout from this whole debacle. I know for me, I get excited every year about a new version of The Show coming out. Next year I won't have the same excitement due to no matter what they add there will still be multiple bugs or design decisions that don't make any sense at all.
I would be reluctant to interact with the community when this type of vibe is going on in the community. I mean why try to explain anything to people who know everything?

I miss the old days of Operation Sports :(

Louisville Cardinals/St.Louis Cardinals

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »