Home

MLB The Show 16 Patch 1.04 Available Now, Here Are The Details

This is a discussion on MLB The Show 16 Patch 1.04 Available Now, Here Are The Details within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 05-02-2016, 08:38 AM   #121
MVP

OVR: 6
Re: MLB The Show 16 Patch 1.04 Available Now, Here Are The Details

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seancefc
Looks like I'll have to disconnect my ps4 from the Internet for the time being, what a joke.

Definitely the last time I buy the show on release day. That's if I buy it again. As another poster said earlier, what they've released this year is unacceptable.
I assume folks comments are largely directed to online issues. I only play offline. Although there are some frustrating bugs (I have submitted bug reports), with the obvious exception of auto baserunning that made game almost unplayable (hopefully now fixed), I have absolutely loved this version. Despite the auto baserunning issue, I can't stop playing. I can't say same for last year version. I am in mid May playing with two franchises and have played every game for both teams. Graphics are amazing, gameplay is fantastic with couple slider tweaks, commentary is much improved, and SOTS is awesome. And this is not likely the last patch. That said, I think SCEA would do well to release a beta version of game about 1 month before release so bugs can be identified and fixed. We are seeing this more and more with video games. It would solve a lot of issues for you and for them.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-02-2016, 08:51 AM   #122
All Star

SoxFan01605's Arena

OVR: 38

Quote:
Originally Posted by ARMORALLL
Every year people talk about how last year's version worked better. Garentee people will say the same thing with 17
Maybe, but I'm certainly not one of those people and I can honestly say this is the most unpolished, poorly QA'd iteration of the game I can recall. I love this series and respect and appreciate the hell out of this dev team, but 16's release has been a mess.

It's not a bad game. In fact, the changes/additions minus the issues should, in theory, make it the best version yet and I know plenty of people are of that opinion as it stands despite the issues (which is most certainly fine as well...everyone prioritizes different things, of course). I would also say that, as an offline player, most of the issues are relatively minor in the overall scheme, meaning that they don't necessarily hinder ability to play or can be worked around to a degree. That is somewhat separate from the point though. The abysmal QA for not only the release, but also the subsequent support is thoroughly disappointing and, IMO, deserving of much of the criticism it receives.

The ship can be righted, of course, and the support effort has at least been on point, but now we need the quality to meet the effort in terms of support standard.
Old 05-02-2016, 09:04 AM   #123
Rookie

OVR: 0

Mookie Betts and is showing on Dustin pedrioa's face scan..any other players like this?

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk
Old 05-02-2016, 09:05 AM   #124
[Player 1]

thaSLAB's Arena

OVR: 30

Quote:
Originally Posted by baseballsim
Another classic base-running user here. Does default base-running work at least? I tried the default one mid game and didn't even know how to use it!
Yes, default baserunning still works as it always has.

Sent from my 831C using Tapatalk

YouTube

Old 05-02-2016, 09:10 AM   #125
[Player 1]

thaSLAB's Arena

OVR: 30

Quote:
Originally Posted by ARMORALLL
Every year people talk about how last year's version worked better. Garentee people will say the same thing with 17
📑 *bookmarked

Sent from my 831C using Tapatalk

YouTube

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-02-2016, 09:11 AM   #126
Rookie

OVR: 0

The fix for auto base running is you can no longer over ride the AI ? Are others experiencing the same thing or do I have something set incorrectly ?
Old 05-02-2016, 09:12 AM   #127
MVP

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by knich
I assume folks comments are largely directed to online issues. I only play offline. Although there are some frustrating bugs (I have submitted bug reports), with the obvious exception of auto baserunning that made game almost unplayable (hopefully now fixed), I have absolutely loved this version. Despite the auto baserunning issue, I can't stop playing. I can't say same for last year version. I am in mid May playing with two franchises and have played every game for both teams. Graphics are amazing, gameplay is fantastic with couple slider tweaks, commentary is much improved, and SOTS is awesome. And this is not likely the last patch. That said, I think SCEA would do well to release a beta version of game about 1 month before release so bugs can be identified and fixed. We are seeing this more and more with video games. It would solve a lot of issues for you and for them.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk
I absolutely agree with that, though maybe two months before would be better.
Old 05-02-2016, 09:12 AM   #128
All Star

SoxFan01605's Arena

OVR: 38

Quote:
Originally Posted by v356535
Mookie Betts and is showing on Dustin pedrioa's face scan..any other players like this?

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk
The face scan appears fine. It's just the photo, it seems. I can't at the moment, but have you tried while disconnected? Maybe it's another thing tied to the servers?

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »