Home

NBA 2K16: Biggest Pet Peeve?

This is a discussion on NBA 2K16: Biggest Pet Peeve? within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 03-28-2016, 01:00 AM   #137
Rookie

OVR: 4
Re: NBA 2K16: Biggest Pet Peeve?

I have three that are linked...player movement and/or physics, defensive AI, and lack of fouls being called.
Old 03-29-2016, 11:38 AM   #138
Pro

TalenT's Arena

OVR: 10

The A.I. in general. Sometimes it's just bad basketball. It affects the stats if you pay attention. No fundamentals. Wide open, knock-down shooters cut to the paint where the defense is waiting, rotations are pretty awful at times (this affects point guard assist numbers because they rotate wrong), transition defense is just plain bad & players don't box out man (This, of course affects big man rebound numbers). The computer has to do better.

XBOXONE GT: TalenT3Point0
Old 03-29-2016, 01:56 PM   #139
Pro

OVR: 0

MyLeague DPOY:

It always goes to the best rebounder, and that's infuriating. I had a guy with the following per game stats last season:

33pts, 6rbs, 9st, 2 stls, 2 blks and kept opponents to FG 37-38%.

Anthony davis:
22pts, 13rbs, 3ast, .5 stls, 1.9 blks and kept oppontes to FG 44% .

He has won it 3 years straight. It bugs the crap out of me.
Old 03-29-2016, 01:58 PM   #140
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by TalenT
The A.I. in general. Sometimes it's just bad basketball. It affects the stats if you pay attention. No fundamentals. Wide open, knock-down shooters cut to the paint where the defense is waiting, rotations are pretty awful at times (this affects point guard assist numbers because they rotate wrong), transition defense is just plain bad & players don't box out man (This, of course affects big man rebound numbers). The computer has to do better.
I honestly don't have this problem. The game is really good at making me pay for leaving a shooter with a 55 rating in 3pt shot make a wide open jumper EVERY TIME he is left open. It's maddening because I play off that guy because he cannot shoot.

Also, having Drummond or Howard go 7/9 from the free throw line makes me take a deep breath and think: https://media.giphy.com/media/6uhrs4onWgbiU/giphy.gif

Last edited by de_jesus; 03-29-2016 at 02:02 PM. Reason: Link update
Old 03-29-2016, 02:30 PM   #141
Pro

One more:

Plays like Quick 1 Elevator that rely heavily on screens just don't pan out for me. My first screener never catches the defender on the first screen and never catches the defender on the 2nd screen. It's terrible. I've tried this play with the Thunder, Spurs, Warriors, and Cavs. I can never get it to work. Same with Quick 42 Quick (which is a beautiful play).

But the AI torches me with it.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-29-2016, 02:30 PM   #142
Pro

TalenT's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by de_jesus
I honestly don't have this problem. The game is really good at making me pay for leaving a shooter with a 55 rating in 3pt shot make a wide open jumper EVERY TIME he is left open. It's maddening because I play off that guy because he cannot shoot.

Also, having Drummond or Howard go 7/9 from the free throw line makes me take a deep breath and think: https://media.giphy.com/media/6uhrs4onWgbiU/giphy.gif
Which problem exactly? I'm not understanding. The A.I. is good in your opinion???

Old 03-29-2016, 02:35 PM   #143
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by TalenT
Which problem exactly? I'm not understanding. The A.I. is good in your opinion???
For the most part, yes. I haven't experienced players rushing to the paint for wide open shots, rotations can be wonky (but rotations break down in basketball all the time), and AI transition D isn't terrible. They run back and will clog the paint or bump the runner if they can. The worst thing that happens is everyone converges on the paint, and leave shooters open. If you have fast players and a good passers you'll win a fast break opportunity more often than not, but that's expected (See: 11-12 Miami Heat.)

I don't experience the same issues you have at all.
Old 03-29-2016, 02:37 PM   #144
Pro

TalenT's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by de_jesus
For the most part, yes. I haven't experienced players rushing to the paint for wide open shots, rotations can be wonky (but rotations break down in basketball all the time), and AI transition D isn't terrible. They run back and will clog the paint or bump the runner if they can. The worst thing that happens is everyone converges on the paint, and leave shooters open. If you have fast players and a good passers you'll win a fast break opportunity more often than not, but that's expected (See: 11-12 Miami Heat.)

I don't experience the same issues you have at all.
LOL We need to play. I'll exploit all these things you think are good. Then I'll point out every situation that the A.I. did the wrong thing.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »