Home

NBA 2K16: Biggest Pet Peeve?

This is a discussion on NBA 2K16: Biggest Pet Peeve? within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 03-29-2016, 02:41 PM   #145
Pro

OVR: 0
Re: NBA 2K16: Biggest Pet Peeve?

So, you're saying that you can't accept that someone is having a different experience than you are?

That's cool
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-29-2016, 02:44 PM   #146
Pro

TalenT's Arena

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by de_jesus
So, you're saying that you can't accept that someone is having a different experience than you are?

That's cool
It's not even about that. I just know facts. There's no in between. Either your players sprint back on defense or they don't. If you're seeing something different I'd love to play w/ you and witness for myself. No need to get snippy my friend.

XBOXONE GT: TalenT3Point0
Old 03-29-2016, 02:48 PM   #147
Pro

The fact that you say there is no "in between" in a game where I can tweak sliders to adjust how my game plays shows you don't know facts.
Old 03-29-2016, 05:43 PM   #148
MVP

Hustle Westbrook's Arena

Nah, the transition D is terrible. I just don't see how that's debatable.
Old 03-29-2016, 06:07 PM   #149
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hustle Westbrook
Nah, the transition D is terrible. I just don't see how that's debatable.
I don't entirely agree. The only time I had issues with my team's transition D is if I leave it on man to man. Since patch 2 or 3, I can't remember, 2-3 zone and Half court press pretty much eliminate any issues I've had with bigs walking up the floor and killing me from the arc. Once the team settles into their offense, man to man (or a zone) is the way to go, but using it for transition D has always been horrible.

If THAT'S what you mean, then sure I agree. Man to man defense is terrible for transition D.

Fastbreaks can be hit or miss, but I assume most people aren't talking specifically about how overpowered a Russell Westbrook type player is in the fastbreak. Because... he's overpowered in real life.
Old 03-30-2016, 01:14 AM   #150
MVP

Hustle Westbrook's Arena

Quote:
I don't entirely agree. The only time I had issues with my team's transition D is if I leave it on man to man. Since patch 2 or 3, I can't remember, 2-3 zone and Half court press pretty much eliminate any issues I've had with bigs walking up the floor and killing me from the arc. Once the team settles into their offense, man to man (or a zone) is the way to go, but using it for transition D has always been horrible.

If THAT'S what you mean, then sure I agree. Man to man defense is terrible for transition D.

Fastbreaks can be hit or miss, but I assume most people aren't talking specifically about how overpowered a Russell Westbrook type player is in the fastbreak. Because... he's overpowered in real life.
The fact that you need to constantly switch between zone and press defense to defend fastbreaks just shows how busted the transition D really is in this game.

Quote:
For the most part, yes. I haven't experienced players rushing to the paint for wide open shots, rotations can be wonky (but rotations break down in basketball all the time), and AI transition D isn't terrible. They run back and will clog the paint or bump the runner if they can. The worst thing that happens is everyone converges on the paint, and leave shooters open. If you have fast players and a good passers you'll win a fast break opportunity more often than not, but that's expected (See: 11-12 Miami Heat.)

I don't experience the same issues you have at all.
It's not just them converging in the paint after a fastbreak is stopped. That's bad enough, it's the fact that after the fastbreak is stopped they will go and leave the man that they're currently guarding to go and switch to their original defender and leave a shooter wide open. I've had multiple instances where after a fastbreak has stopped I am fighting with the CPU to not switch off of the man they're defending, I am literally icon switching back and forth between multiple players in order to keep my CPU defenders from leaving a shooter open.

The defense in this game in general is beyond awful.
Old 03-30-2016, 07:23 AM   #151
MVP

jk31's Arena

Yes it is...

I'm playing competitively in two online leagues and it is so hard sometimes... In one game, your AI teammates are the best defenders in the world and in the next game NOBODY is running.
"Fastbreak? I don't care, I just jog back."
"Oh my man is open on the 3 point line? Let him shoot that three."

It feels like I have to control five players to be able to compete, because my AI teammates do nothing productive on the defensive end. And then, in the next game, my opponent can't throw any passes, becauses my AI defenders get in every passing lane to steal the ball... It's a gambling game, which side of the coin you get in the game.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-30-2016, 11:26 AM   #152
Pro

TalenT's Arena

OVR: 10

I've got it!!! de_jesus is playing a different game.

XBOXONE GT: TalenT3Point0

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »