Home

MLB The Show 16 Player Ratings - Top Players at Each Position

This is a discussion on MLB The Show 16 Player Ratings - Top Players at Each Position within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 03-16-2016, 12:43 PM   #161
MVP

HypoLuxa13's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: MLB The Show 16 Player Ratings - Top Players at Each Position

Quote:
Originally Posted by tessl
I'd put Escobar on that list somewhere. I'd drop Bryant down a few spots due to high strikeouts and questionable defense. He is young and could develop but Bryant is another Pedro Alvarez at this stage of his career. HR/K guy with shaky defense.
His defense is much better than Alvarez. He makes tons of plays and fewer errors than Alvarez ever made at 3rd base in a season. Just still not consistent on the routine stuff, like a lot of young players. Also a much better BA and OBP than Alvarez. So you'll take the high K's since he is not only hitting for Power, but good average, OBP, and driving in runs other ways than the HR.

Maybe 85 is a little high for him in The Show, though.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-16-2016, 01:10 PM   #162
All Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by HypoLuxa13
His defense is much better than Alvarez. He makes tons of plays and fewer errors than Alvarez ever made at 3rd base in a season. Just still not consistent on the routine stuff, like a lot of young players. Also a much better BA and OBP than Alvarez. So you'll take the high K's since he is not only hitting for Power, but good average, OBP, and driving in runs other ways than the HR.

Maybe 85 is a little high for him in The Show, though.
The show usually gets attributes very close to accurate but look at his home and away splits IRL. 21 HR in the friendly confines of Wrigley and 5 HR in 25 more at bats away from Wrigley. Avg in Wrigley .311, away .240.

I'd put him in the top ten because of potential at his age but not top five. Away from Wrigley he is a #7 hitter with questionable defense.
Old 03-16-2016, 01:13 PM   #163
MVP

OVR: 1

Tessl, whatever you find from 2015 has nothing to do with Perez's blocking rating in this game from 2012.

You, who thought wild pitch data included only pitches in the dirt.

Who would I believe, you or the article?

"As illustrated in the AL blocking leaders graphic, Perez had an MLB-best blocking percentage on expected passed balls, but his RPP ranks 10th amongst MLB 600+ inning catchers; plus, despite facing 14 more expected passed ball pitches than the RPP league leader Molina, he allowed the same number. For a little known fact drawn from the Molina/Perez comparison, note that this past season Perez not only had 147 more blocks, a block per game more than Molina, but further, Perez posted more blocks and blocks/9 than Molina has amassed in any of his six consecutive Gold Glove seasons. Brief conclusion: be wary of Perez's "low" (still 4th in the AL) RPP — he is a premier, if not the premier pitch blocking catcher in the game today, although his numbers may potentially be inflated by more opportunities."

Source: http://www.beyondtheboxscore.com/201...s-molina-perez
Old 03-16-2016, 01:18 PM   #164
ShowTime!

NAFBUC's Arena

OVR: 43

Quote:
Originally Posted by ninertravel
Here we go again with all the ratings talk and arguing and complaining, never understand any of that when you can change the ratings to suit yourself anyway
You say arguing and complaining.......others would call it debate and discussion.
Old 03-16-2016, 01:21 PM   #165
MVP

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by NAFBUC
You say arguing and complaining.......others would call it debate and discussion.
That's right!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-16-2016, 04:15 PM   #166
Rookie

Denzel Washington's Arena

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by tessl
I'd put Escobar on that list somewhere. I'd drop Bryant down a few spots due to high strikeouts and questionable defense. He is young and could develop but Bryant is another Pedro Alvarez at this stage of his career. HR/K guy with shaky defense.
Bryant is not a Pedro Alvarez guy. That's a very superficial comparison

yunel escobar? There's no chance he's a top 10 3B
Old 03-16-2016, 05:16 PM   #167
Go Cubs Go

WaitTilNextYear's Arena

OVR: 18

Quote:
Originally Posted by Denzel Washington
Bryant is not a Pedro Alvarez guy. That's a very superficial comparison

yunel escobar? There's no chance he's a top 10 3B
I agree. Saying Yunel Escobar is a Top 10 3B in baseball is downright funny. Comp'ing Kris Bryant to Pedro Alvarez of all people is even funnier than that.
Old 03-16-2016, 06:29 PM   #168
All Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cavicchi
Tessl, whatever you find from 2015 has nothing to do with Perez's blocking rating in this game from 2012.

You, who thought wild pitch data included only pitches in the dirt.

Who would I believe, you or the article?

"As illustrated in the AL blocking leaders graphic, Perez had an MLB-best blocking percentage on expected passed balls, but his RPP ranks 10th amongst MLB 600+ inning catchers; plus, despite facing 14 more expected passed ball pitches than the RPP league leader Molina, he allowed the same number. For a little known fact drawn from the Molina/Perez comparison, note that this past season Perez not only had 147 more blocks, a block per game more than Molina, but further, Perez posted more blocks and blocks/9 than Molina has amassed in any of his six consecutive Gold Glove seasons. Brief conclusion: be wary of Perez's "low" (still 4th in the AL) RPP — he is a premier, if not the premier pitch blocking catcher in the game today, although his numbers may potentially be inflated by more opportunities."

Source: http://www.beyondtheboxscore.com/201...s-molina-perez
The blocking attribute in the game MLB the Show is for blocking pitches in the dirt. Do you comprehend that?

If you have an issue with his attributes just edit them to whatever you want. I've attempted to explain why his blocking is what it is. That's the best explanation I can give. If you still don't understand then I can't help you.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »