Home

Konami's Making Power Pros 2016 (PS4/PS3/Vita) & Pro Yakyuu Spirits Ace (iOS/Android)

This is a discussion on Konami's Making Power Pros 2016 (PS4/PS3/Vita) & Pro Yakyuu Spirits Ace (iOS/Android) within the Other Baseball Games forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Other Baseball Games
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 03-14-2016, 11:08 PM   #65
graphic artist

C.J.S.'s Arena

OVR: 2
Re: Konami's Making Power Pros 2016 (PS4/PS3/Vita) & Pro Yakyuu Spirits Ace (iOS/Andr

Quote:
Originally Posted by saintjimbo1885
With the exception of 2015 when no version was released, the past few years has seen Jikkyou Pawafuru Puro Yakyu being released in October.

And if my memory serves me right, before that it was a July release with the Ketteiban version released in December.

PYS has nearly always been a March release.
ok, 16 months till Jikkyou Pawafuru Puro Yakyu hit PS4.
then PYS could very well be skipped this year and released next year just like they did with JPPY.

realistically this means PYS is in development for PS4 in 2017.

Last edited by C.J.S.; 03-14-2016 at 11:15 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-15-2016, 07:30 AM   #66
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: Konami's Making Power Pros 2016 (PS4/PS3/Vita) & Pro Yakyuu Spirits Ace (iOS/Andr

Quote:
Originally Posted by C.J.S.
ok, 16 months till Jikkyou Pawafuru Puro Yakyu hit PS4.
then PYS could very well be skipped this year and released next year just like they did with JPPY.

realistically this means PYS is in development for PS4 in 2017.

I'm still hopeful that we could see PYS this year seeing as both games use the same stadium models and the fact that PYS 2015 contained new facial scans for a lot of the NPB players, which I suspect were done with the PS4 in mind.

Also going by the early pics of Power Pros it has obviously incorporated quite a few things from PYS most noticeably the new camera angle and pitch history.

PYS has released in July (PYS6) and November (PYS5 Ketteiban) before, so here's hoping we get to see it 2016.

Failing that I will happily pass my time with Power Pros 2016!!
Old 03-15-2016, 08:02 AM   #67
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turbojugend
Kinda unrelated, but I just picked up PYS 14 (PS3) on the cheap. This is my first time with the series, I already have some experience with navigating Japanese game menus and know about spiritstranslation.com, but are there any other tips that will make this a better experience? Thanks!

Excellent tips from Will I Am above.

My main advice would be to make sure you play with CPU pitch cursor off otherwise they will throw hardly any balls

I also prefer to play with strike zone off as I find it helps me lay off pitches when batting and makes pitching more of a challenge - you can keep the weak/strong points visible in 2014 with the strike zone off.

I also like to play with real pitching/batting points so you get to see the full effect of a pitch.

Finally I would recommend playing with the meet cursor set to normal (ie no assist) or at worst have assist set at one.

It is way more satisfying crushing a fastball with no assist - might helping beginning on a slower pitch speed.

The beauty of PYS is that you can pretty much make the game as hard or as easy as you want via the settings and you don't need to worry about any CPU scripted nonsense determining the outcome!!

Oh and finally go into the home run race and do that a few times so you can build up your points and buy extra uniforms/stadiums/options.
Old 03-15-2016, 01:12 PM   #68
Rookie

Shadak's Arena

I recently switched to strike zone off and both pitching and hitting is way more satisfying and realistic. Especially pitching as it now has some variety with the cursor completely off, have to guess the location with my stick.
Old 03-16-2016, 11:45 AM   #69
MVP

Turbojugend's Arena

Thanks for the tips everyone! PYS 14 arrived yesterday and it is amazing, I stayed up way too late playing!

Does anyone know how to set the wallpaper that you unlock in the Item Shop? I looked through the translation guide and didn't see anything.
Old 03-16-2016, 12:42 PM   #70
Rookie

Quote:
Thanks for the tips everyone! PYS 14 arrived yesterday and it is amazing, I stayed up way too late playing!

Does anyone know how to set the wallpaper that you unlock in the Item Shop? I looked through the translation guide and didn't see anything.

Must admit I thought that they had ditched the wallpapers by PYS 2014!!

In the older games it was a case of clicking on the wallpaper to buy it and/or switch it on and then when you went back to the very start or re-started the game the wallpaper would be displayed on the opening load up screen.

It wasn't a wallpaper in the traditional sense... if I remember correctly!!
Old 03-16-2016, 01:16 PM   #71
Rookie

Shadak's Arena

Quote:

If you have a smartphone you can use google translate to take a picture of TV and translate the japanese text.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-16-2016, 01:23 PM   #72
MVP

Turbojugend's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by saintjimbo1885
Must admit I thought that they had ditched the wallpapers by PYS 2014!!

In the older games it was a case of clicking on the wallpaper to buy it and/or switch it on and then when you went back to the very start or re-started the game the wallpaper would be displayed on the opening load up screen.

It wasn't a wallpaper in the traditional sense... if I remember correctly!!
Cool, thanks! I'll try that out. I'm definitely going to spend some time on Spirits Translation today, trying to learn as much as I can for when I can play again tonight.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadak
If you have a smartphone you can use google translate to take a picture of TV and translate the japanese text.
Wow, I had no idea you could do that! I'll definitely give that a shot.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Other Baseball Games »