Home

MLB The Show 16 Player Ratings - Top Players at Each Position

This is a discussion on MLB The Show 16 Player Ratings - Top Players at Each Position within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 03-12-2016, 10:19 AM   #49
Rookie

Threeebs's Arena

OVR: 8
Re: MLB The Show 16 Player Ratings - Top Players at Each Position

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaybaybay618
If Mike Trout isn't deserving of a 99 overall then no one is. Arguably the greatest start to a career of all time.
Strikes out a lot, doesn't have a really good arm and has now developed an admitted hesitation to steal. Stole 11 bases last year and was caught 7 times!

You think that's worth a 99 OVR?
Old 03-12-2016, 11:29 AM   #50
#Ace

Speedy's Arena

OVR: 27

Quote:
Originally Posted by Threeebs
Strikes out a lot, doesn't have a really good arm and has now developed an admitted hesitation to steal. Stole 11 bases last year and was caught 7 times!

I would say a 9.0 fWAR and .991 OPS is, yes.
Old 03-12-2016, 12:10 PM   #51
Rookie

OVR: 0

As a Mets fan it's going to be really fun playing with those top 3 starting pitchers. Not surprised that Cespedes is the only top rated position player on the team. Wright is sadly too injury prone to make the 3B list.

I feel like Familia should be near the top of the closers but I can understand hesitation if the devs thought he was a one year wonder.

I usually get rid of all of the closers anyway and convert them all to RPs before starting franchise.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-12-2016, 12:23 PM   #52
All Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Threeebs

I suspect what the devs do with OVR is they grade on a curve. The best player in the game gets a 99.

Having said that I don't understand why people focus on the overall rating. Aside from being one of several factors in a trade it is meaningless in the show. These players all have a large variety of attributes in every imaginable category which is derived from their stats IRL.

You can find two players with the same OVR who are completely different in how they perform.
Old 03-12-2016, 12:24 PM   #53
Rookie

coachprattico2's Arena

My two favorite yankees are rated.... 88 and 82... understand they were hurt and under performed last season but since when does durability have this much of an affect?
Old 03-12-2016, 12:29 PM   #54
MVP

underdog13's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by coachprattico2
My two favorite yankees are rated.... 88 and 82... understand they were hurt and under performed last season but since when does durability have this much of an affect?
Who are they?

Sent from my VS980 4G using Tapatalk
Old 03-12-2016, 12:33 PM   #55
All Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrOldboy
For gameplay purposes I think that durability and discipline are probably the ones you need to see the least. For franchise, sure you'd want to see everything, but for a quick glance to see how that player might perform in game I don't think they are needed. Discipline only governs check swings in game for instance.

I like the radial graphs in concept, but it can be hard at a glance to see if someone is a few points better than someone else. It can be important on key ratings like speed for instance. If I have two guys I want to pinch run, of course I want the 96 rated guy and not the 94 rated one. Hard to tell on the radial at a quick glance. So you'll still need to use the player cards for stuff like that I think, or look real hard at the radial.
I don't entirely disagree but it depends on how you play the game. If you are joysticking the game you probably don't care much about discipline because you decide which pitches to swing at. I use manage mode and discipline impacts OBP. Durability impacts recovery time for players and injury potential.
Old 03-12-2016, 12:55 PM   #56
MVP

Dolenz's Arena

Everybody is going to key in on their favorite team and players and believe that they are underrated that is why I keyed in on Wainwright right off the bat.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »