Home

MLB The Show 16 Video - Franchise Mode

This is a discussion on MLB The Show 16 Video - Franchise Mode within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 03-02-2016, 12:02 PM   #169
Rookie

lilrosati56's Arena

OVR: 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by bmwninja
I hope they made the games feel different with the franchise mode ...for example game 65 should feel different than game 175 when the playoffs are around the corner there should be a playoff craze feel in the air when you are playing at home or at a divisional rival home...we should in game updates around the league so we know whats happening. I know we have in game ticker but i would love for the commentary to speak about the seeding and whats happening
Not to nitpick, but game 175 would be game 7 of the LCS....pretty sure they'll have a different feel.
Old 03-02-2016, 12:22 PM   #170
ND

NDAlum's Arena

OVR: 29
Re: Franchise Dev Blog

Quote:
Originally Posted by HustlinOwl
Really, we are in what year 8-9 of this games cycle and this is still not being done smh
I want it to, but I wonder what the analytics are for how many people even make it to year 2...

Atlanta Braves Fantasy Draft Franchise | Google Docs History
NL East Champs 5x | WS Champion 1x (2020)
Old 03-02-2016, 12:22 PM   #171
Jr.
Playgirl Coverboy

Jr.'s Arena

OVR: 18
Re: MLB The Show 16 Video - Franchise Mode

That really sucks about interleague schedules not rotating. I hope they address the playoff pitching stamina issue in the franchise stream. Maybe a few people can ask about it; I would, but I won't be home for it.

Watch me play video games
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-02-2016, 12:31 PM   #172
All Star

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benz87
I actually would encounter the opposite problem. I would throw all the money available in my budget at a player, leading to the interest bar being maxed, only for them sign with a different time for significantly less money. This would happen because the interest for this other team was also maxed, despite their offer not being as much as mine. Realistically the player would have most likely took the huge contract I was offering, but previously the CPU would simply randomly select from any contract that garnered 100% interest and sign with them. Thankfully, it was stated in the video this was tuned so the CPU will weight contracts based on amount and the additional traits added this year.
It will be interesting to see how the new free agent dynamic plays out since it is somewhat tied into player morale. I suspect a lot of people will over promise just to sign a guy.

An interesting feature for the future would be you gain traits while running your franchise - perhaps in GM mode or maybe without using GM mode. For example if you break promises made to free agents you gain a trait which hurts your ability to sign players in future years. If you keep promises you get a positive trait. If you fire the manager or coaches every time a better one pops up during the off season you gain a trait which makes it more difficult to hire a manager or coach.
Old 03-02-2016, 12:49 PM   #173
SCEA Community Manager

Russell_SCEA's Arena

OVR: 29

Quote:
Originally Posted by HustlinOwl
Really, we are in what year 8-9 of this games cycle and this is still not being done smh
If it was easy it would have been done already.
Old 03-02-2016, 01:06 PM   #174
ShowTime!

NAFBUC's Arena

OVR: 43
Re: In-depth career stat have finally arrived

Quote:
Originally Posted by big_tone91
WAR and FIP finally!

Sent from my SM-G928V using Tapatalk
Any word on improved boxscore stats.....

thanks
Old 03-02-2016, 01:07 PM   #175
FA

Factzzz's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by NDAlum
I want it to, but I wonder what the analytics are for how many people even make it to year 2...
Should that really matter though? Regardless, for the sake of realism, schedules should rotate.

Also, what about those of us who play RTTS, and unless we change teams, literally can't play in 1/3 of the stadiums in the Show.

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-02-2016, 01:08 PM   #176
Pro

polyduster's Arena

OVR: 0

At least the schedule isn't game by game identical for offline Franchise each season. Online Franchise has the same exact game by game schedule no matter how many seasons you play.

Hopefully the schedules will get mixed up going from Online season to season this year.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »