Home

MLB The Show 16 Video - Franchise Mode

This is a discussion on MLB The Show 16 Video - Franchise Mode within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 03-01-2016, 06:59 PM   #113
Rookie

Threeebs's Arena

OVR: 8
Re: MLB The Show 16 Video - Franchise Mode

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkilcNYR
I like this overall, trade slider was huge for me. Got incredibly tired of seeing block buster trades on April 13th. Comforting to know that I can just turn the trades off for like April and then gradually ramp up to the deadline with the slider. Free agents seem harder to sign. They have a lot going in now with the human player element (i want to be an ace and anything short of that is not acceptable, etc.). If you have a great team but want that extra big name free agent, lets say for example if you're the Cubs and you want Bautista for a playoff push, if you don't have room for him in outfield (and no DH slot) it seems like he would ignore a boatload of cash (unless you give him your whole budget lmao). That definitely adds something as I found I could sign big name starters and put them in the bullpen which they would never agree to in real life
The thing is you can probably promise him a starting outfield spot during the offer process even if you didn't really have the spot and he'd be none the wiser because it's a video game. You'd still get to sign him and he'd only become unhappy when the season began and his playing time was somewhat limited.
Old 03-01-2016, 07:15 PM   #114
Rookie

RCMacc44's Arena

OVR: 0
Does anyone know if the player morale is in RTTS also or just Franchise, like would I be able to choose how I want the manager to use me or tell me I would be happier and able to play better if I signed with the Cardinals instead of Diamondback? Thanks in advance to anyone who knows if it works like this
Old 03-01-2016, 07:25 PM   #115
Pro

OVR: 5

I hope the sortable individual stats can be viewable by individual team, as well as divisional, AL, NL, and MLB. So you can keep hitting R1/L1 to go through the teams and also have the divisions, leagues, and MLB stats available.

I really hope. It's pretty basic functionality, to be honest.

And team stats...please, please, please give us sortable team stats.

It would also be nice to be able to filter by situational splits (vs. RHP, vs. LHP, RISP, etc) instead of having individual stat columns for each (i.e, AB vs LHP, AVG vs LHP, H vs LHP) that add tons of clutter and make the information hard to consume.

I hope stats are done right overall.

Last edited by Drew127; 03-01-2016 at 07:30 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-01-2016, 07:30 PM   #116
MVP

redsfan4life's Arena

OVR: 16

Surely some of these things made there way into online franchise?

Well I can hope.
Old 03-01-2016, 07:44 PM   #117
MVP

Cowboy008's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knight165
I'm really liking the additions of the morale system....and the tie ins for FA signings and expectations.

I can't wait to see how they actually work(I'm sure we'll all have suggestions for improvements day 1!!! )

I really wonder....on this aspect....If I promise a guy to be my starting 2B...but don't use him....will it REALLY impact his decision to leave or stay when he is a FA?.....and if it does....it has a "memory"...not that putting him as the starter for the last week of the season changes his decision(and I don't mean as a cheat.....but let's say I used someone else...they got hurt and I then used the player I promised the starting slot)

M.K.
Knight165
Would be great if the devs could answer this during the stream on Thursday.
Old 03-01-2016, 07:50 PM   #118
Rookie

OVR: 0
Expanded stat tracking on player cards! Life is good 😎
Old 03-01-2016, 08:09 PM   #119
Rookie

SupremeYankee's Arena

OVR: 7

Out of everything they have shown this peaked my interest the most. Im still holding off for user feedback and reviews before buying.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 03-01-2016, 08:36 PM   #120
MVP

steelerfan's Arena

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by giants665
Expanded stat tracking on player cards! Life is good 😎
My ONLY question is whether or not my players "fake" stats from MLB 14 and 15 will carry over in my year-to-year save file or if those are lost.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »