Home

MLB The Show 16 Diamond Dynasty Expansion Video

This is a discussion on MLB The Show 16 Diamond Dynasty Expansion Video within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 02-16-2016, 10:39 PM   #33
Rookie

OVR: 0
Glad they did this stream. Went ahead and canceled my preorder of the MVP edition to go for the standard edition. No need for extra stubs or packs because I won't touch DD this year. Way too much going on. Would've been nice to play friends though.
Old 02-16-2016, 10:39 PM   #34
MVP

MrOldboy's Arena

Re: MLB The Show 16 Diamond Dynasty Expansion Video

If the different missions, rewards, etc. are fairly random for every player I hope we'll actually see some balanced teams in DD for once. At least early on until the market gets flooded with cards and stubs. The issue will still be if you can stack a lineup. The one thing I wanted this year was a way to limit the quality of teams, force you to have a more diverse team. It could have been as simple as a point pool for each part of your team. Starting lineup, bench, bullpen and rotation. Just limit the number of total overall points per section so that if you had three guys rated 95 in the lineup you have to balance it out with some lesser rated players and you couldn't stuff your bench with Bagwells and McGriffs.

DD must be doing well for SDS if they are putting this much work into overhauling it year-to-year and adding in so many ways for you to spend money/earn stuff.

Spoiler

Last edited by MrOldboy; 02-16-2016 at 10:43 PM.
Old 02-16-2016, 10:46 PM   #35
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by chiwhitesoxGOSOX
I can't believe all the new things u guys have added this year ! MLB The Show easily has the best dev team. They listen to their fans and put so much hard work in year after year. This is why The Show is the only game I buy year after year.

DD looks like it has improved big time. I was starting to see the same lineups and pitchers in 15 but now it looks like that won't happen in 16 plus we can now play friends teams ! Pre-ordered that MVP Edition. March 29th can't come fast enough !

Nick bro u are definitely my favorite on that dev team. Seem like a really cool and funny guy plus u are a White Sox fan ! And I think they have a strong team that can definitely contend this year
It is by far the best sports game and because I see you're a whitesox fan, I was actually talking to Todd Frazier the other day about him being in the show as a white sox now. He said unreal and can't wait for people to have 70 something bombs while playing with him in a season lol.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-16-2016, 11:06 PM   #36
The Lama

Armor and Sword's Arena

I got hooked on DD on MLB 15

The card collecting alone is highly addictive. I love the fact that we can play with our friends now.

That is clutch.

OS Nation can unite and play high quality sim style DD games now.
NHL25 - Panthers YR1
Star Wars Outlaws

Follow me on Twitch
https://www.twitch.tv/armorandsword

Last edited by Armor and Sword; 02-17-2016 at 07:47 AM.
Old 02-16-2016, 11:14 PM   #37
MVP

myghty's Arena

OVR: 31

Quick counts please?

PS5/PSN: myghty
Old 02-16-2016, 11:17 PM   #38
Banned

Love how they use the real cards for the Throwbacks and Legends... Brings a lot of nostalgia

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk
Old 02-16-2016, 11:20 PM   #39
Rookie

BentleyA's Arena

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrOldboy
If the different missions, rewards, etc. are fairly random for every player I hope we'll actually see some balanced teams in DD for once. At least early on until the market gets flooded with cards and stubs. The issue will still be if you can stack a lineup. The one thing I wanted this year was a way to limit the quality of teams, force you to have a more diverse team. It could have been as simple as a point pool for each part of your team. Starting lineup, bench, bullpen and rotation. Just limit the number of total overall points per section so that if you had three guys rated 95 in the lineup you have to balance it out with some lesser rated players and you couldn't stuff your bench with Bagwells and McGriffs.

DD must be doing well for SDS if they are putting this much work into overhauling it year-to-year and adding in so many ways for you to spend money/earn stuff.

Spoiler
I am right there with you! Hopefully the daily match ups will help a lot too. I really enjoy looking at daily match ups (do it for daily fantasy fairly often) so it will be fun to integrate that into the mode. I am with you though in thinking that they should put some sort of cap on a team based on ratings, however, there is one major reason they will not do that. The ability to stack a team usually involves people going on the markets and spending a ton of stubs on all the legend and highly priced players. Even though many people will not admit it they get those stacked lineups by purchasing a lot of them (or a ton of packs), that is how most of them are created. Those stubs are probably a nice revenue stream for SDS and you cannot blame them for utilizing their ability to earn more revenue that way. In fact, it is actually intelligent business to do it. I just wish maybe there was a way when you match up with an opponent that their lineup would be a similar overall rating to yours so you are not playing against a bunch of stacked line ups all the time. Hopefully the "Play with Friends" aspect will help and I am sure there will be threads on here this spring and summer to help avoid some of those stacked line ups guys. I know I will be having a great time messing around with lineups on a daily basis.
MLB: Mariners/Reds
PSN: RipCityBentley
Old 02-16-2016, 11:32 PM   #40
MVP

Cowboy008's Arena

OVR: 5

I like how the cards look this year. Can we still collect cards from playing franchise games like in 15? I'm not into DD but I enjoy collecting the cards.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »