Home

MLB The Show 16 Diamond Dynasty Expansion Video

This is a discussion on MLB The Show 16 Diamond Dynasty Expansion Video within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 02-17-2016, 10:25 AM   #65
MVP

OVR: 0
Re: MLB The Show 16 Diamond Dynasty Expansion Video

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrOldboy
If the different missions, rewards, etc. are fairly random for every player I hope we'll actually see some balanced teams in DD for once. At least early on until the market gets flooded with cards and stubs. The issue will still be if you can stack a lineup. The one thing I wanted this year was a way to limit the quality of teams, force you to have a more diverse team. It could have been as simple as a point pool for each part of your team. Starting lineup, bench, bullpen and rotation. Just limit the number of total overall points per section so that if you had three guys rated 95 in the lineup you have to balance it out with some lesser rated players and you couldn't stuff your bench with Bagwells and McGriffs.

DD must be doing well for SDS if they are putting this much work into overhauling it year-to-year and adding in so many ways for you to spend money/earn stuff.

Spoiler
I'm sure DD is doing great MUT and Myteam the madden and 2k versions of DD make more then or close to the game it self and DD is headed that way which isn't a bad thing if done right. These team builder modes are a huge revenue source for sports games because of the people the 1% who buy thousands of dollars worth of packs to get the players they want. Then the smaller buyers who buy a few packs here and there. The main issue with DD In 15 was you could just buy stubs and buy the player directly like trout cost 80k stubs you could just buy 80k stubs and have him. They need to make stubs for only packs in DD and a different currency for the DD market.

Overall even the ones who don't play DD should be happy about this mode because it will make scea more MO ey which will lead to a better overall game for everyone.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-17-2016, 10:32 AM   #66
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marino
One thing I would love to see in DD that has already been mentioned is more single player stuff to do.

Have different challenges like MyTeam in NBA 2k, or solo challenges like Madden.

Also, give us a Team of the Week team that would we could face off against each week. You don't need to give us new cards, just whoever had the highest increases, or best weeks.
I think next year we see single player stuff added DD is a big money maker and they see that now. I think they were reluctant to follow mut and myteam at first but next year I see single player stuff being added like weekly challenges and I'd love to see a offline DD season for example like 55 game season and if you win the world series you get a diamond or flashback pack and the weekly challenges can reward stubs or standard packs etc.
Old 02-17-2016, 10:38 AM   #67
Rookie

goplen5's Arena

I know that a lot of people love DD, so I'm happy for them. Lots of changes. I've never played DD and never really cared to try (I'm all about Franchise). Still, awesome for those that play.

Here's to hoping they added a lot of new and cool things to Franchise! Can't wait for those streams.
Old 02-17-2016, 12:03 PM   #68
MVP

baseballsim's Arena

OVR: 6

Looks like the Star Player is making a return - which is ok by me.

How about removing the switch hitter option? I think this would make things a little more interesting. I imagine about 99 percentage of all Star Players were switch hitters in MLB 15.
Old 02-17-2016, 12:42 PM   #69
MVP

MetsFan16's Arena

OVR: 4

I had to watch the video a couple of times to understand what the heck is going on with tickets and captains and missions. I still don't completely understand them but I'm sure the stream tomorrow will clear everything up.

I love the introduction of more legends and flashback current players. I can see it now, Prime Pujols and Prime ARod with postseason Bumgarner. I just hope they put the years on the rookies/postseason/prime cards.

One suggestion I have to alleviate stacked teams would be a budget type feature where you can only play with a team with a certai number of stubs you spent on the players maybe around 50,000. And that payroll is decided by DD record/XP level. The higher your level or the better your record the higher your payroll.
Then you field a team within that payroll, the cards have "salaries" based on how much you paid to get that card. If you got the card through Universal Rewards its free (kind of like a homegrown player) but if you get a card through the market place, depending on how much you spent (20,000 for Miguel Carbrera) it acts like free agency. Then as you win your payroll goes up and you can field a team with higher costs players. On the other hand if you lose game after game your payroll decreases ans you cannot play with 3+ guys you bought in the market.
Old 02-17-2016, 12:54 PM   #70
FA

Factzzz's Arena

OVR: 5

I wonder if the prime card players will look different from the current player versions of themselves.

For example, if Tim Lincecum will have long hair for the prime version of him.

Old 02-17-2016, 02:06 PM   #71
All Star

Mike Lowe's Arena

OVR: 18

Reallllllly hoping the new partnership on stat integration makes its way into other modes.............cough franchise.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-17-2016, 03:14 PM   #72
Pro

I'm not big into DD, but as long as they make earning cards based on playing any mode, I'll check it out from time to time.

The problem with other MyTeam modes in other games is that I don't have time to play the franchise and career modes and MyTeam on top of that.

At least in the show, playing franchise builds up my collection. That would be cool if some of the captain goas were based on other modes too.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »