Home

MLB The Show 16 Q&A on Twitter Reveals Some More Details - No Create a Stadium

This is a discussion on MLB The Show 16 Q&A on Twitter Reveals Some More Details - No Create a Stadium within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 01-17-2016, 08:27 PM   #193
Resident film pundit

Blzer's Arena

OVR: 55
Re: MLB The Show 16 Q&A on Twitter Reveals Some More Details - No Create a Stadium

Quote:
Originally Posted by MJDrocks
It appears this version will have very little new features added besides your annual basic upgrades on graphics, physics, and commentary. The franchise announcement I really don't care about unless it's a total new format. Looks like I'm sticking with 15 for quite sometime which I am okay with.
The Human IK stuff might make a big deal in the animation department, and the cloth... whatever the hell they called it might make a big deal in the visual department.
Samsung PN60F8500 PDP / Anthem MRX 720 / Klipsch RC-62 II / Klipsch RF-82 II (x2) / Insignia NS-B2111 (x2) / SVS PC13-Ultra / SVS SB-2000 / Sony MDR-7506 Professional / Audio-Technica ATH-R70x / Sony PS3 & PS4 / DirecTV HR44-500 / DarbeeVision DVP-5000 / Panamax M5400-PM / Elgato HD60
Old 01-17-2016, 09:30 PM   #194
Banned

OVR: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vechi8
Thx for the response Russell. Given the fact that The Show has an incredible base game and that year to year features are limited.. Has your team thought about maybe skipping a year and having improvement patches along the way?
I personally play the game from drop until the new release and with the roster updates, the game never feels stale. Skipping a year would give your team a lot of time to really make eye opening changes versus the previous game.
So we will not get a stadium creator because it takes to much work and cuts into the ability to do classic stadiums, but we always get the same classic stadiums anyway. ok, I guess. CAn we at least get some generic stadiums with Astro turf so I can recreate three Rivers and Riverfront?
Old 01-17-2016, 09:32 PM   #195
Banned

Sorry Vechi, didn't mean to use your quote
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-17-2016, 09:35 PM   #196
Rookie

chaz526's Arena

Re: MLB The Show 16 Q&A on Twitter Reveals Some More Details - No Create a Stadium

Quote:
Originally Posted by razorkaos
If the slow motion thing and retractable roofs are the biggest innovations in this year's game, I'll stick to 15.

I'm not complaining about the retractable roofs, or about the bullet time batting... But even if i like presentation improvements, I'll always like gameplay improvements better.

I still can't understand why the stride was removed from the game. I get that they may have wanted to simplify the pure analog batting for newcomers, but removing something that was not an issue, and not even giving us the option to control the stride, i just can't understand this decision.

A normal swing is shorter and more compact while a power swing is longer meaning you have to start your swing earlier.

I think this is exactly what the developers were going for when they changed the analog swing mechanics.

Normal: quick, compact swing. Flick up on the stick from resting position.

Power: long swing. Flick up on the stick from the down position, like you're really driving off your back foot.

It's perfect in my opinion.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 01-18-2016, 12:53 AM   #197
7 dirty words...

ryan36's Arena

OVR: 36

Just because things weren't mentioned doesn't mean there aren't any improvements, do we really expect a big reveal via twitter?
Old 01-18-2016, 01:10 AM   #198
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kalkano
Haven't seen anyone else ask, so I will:

Sounds of the Show on PS4?

Ever?
Same I'm waiting on

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk
Old 01-18-2016, 01:28 AM   #199
All Star

authentic's Arena

OVR: 37

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryan36
Just because things weren't mentioned doesn't mean there aren't any improvements, do we really expect a big reveal via twitter?
This, I think most people are just voicing what they're looking for though. I'm so pumped for the release, I'm just hoping we see some improvements that are long overdue. The unfortunate part is, not everyone is going to get what they want. As long as there's an effort in improve single player game modes I'll be happy. This mostly has to do with gameplay and Franchise mode. I'm just a little irritated playing and seeing the RF playing left handed power hitter's like they're a pitcher. This has been in the game since the PS3 era started. If they fixed position placement in the outfield, a lot of the bloop hits we're looking for would happen. We'll see, I'm hoping for a great improvement. I'm just excited to see a MLB come out of the box with the Cubs as a top team.
Old 01-18-2016, 01:29 AM   #200
Resident film pundit

Blzer's Arena

OVR: 55

The slow-motion thing is definitely going to be on the back of the box as that's something for the casual gamer (and I don't doubt some of us on here might enjoy it as well), but there are always nice little things here and there that are worked on with these games that we'll be impressed about.

Sometimes it's under-the-hood tweaks, sometimes it's the little presentation things, and sometimes they are a lot bigger. We know that we are getting different running styles based on the player type, and if that is effected in the field or when redirecting as a baserunner, that's pretty big in itself. I would like to see more regarding momentum while throwing, and all of that is still possible to tell us about. They weren't even at CES, so we still have lots more to hear. Nobody has a clue what that fan dominance thing was about either (notice how I remember zero names in that trailer lol).

I'm sitting pretty waiting patient on them coming to us. Am I optimistic? Well, yes. I mean, I don't even know what we're looking forward to, but I still expect great things. They did ask us about a new defensive camera, so I would go ape **** if we actually got a proper broadcast fielding camera. I mean, I'm just fine waiting on the goods from them. Now that everything is really devoted to PS4, let's just see what they bring us. Don't call this Twitter topic real "news."

Quote:
Originally Posted by wanzalla13
Same I'm waiting on

Samsung PN60F8500 PDP / Anthem MRX 720 / Klipsch RC-62 II / Klipsch RF-82 II (x2) / Insignia NS-B2111 (x2) / SVS PC13-Ultra / SVS SB-2000 / Sony MDR-7506 Professional / Audio-Technica ATH-R70x / Sony PS3 & PS4 / DirecTV HR44-500 / DarbeeVision DVP-5000 / Panamax M5400-PM / Elgato HD60

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »