Home

MLB The Show 16 Q&A on Twitter Reveals Some More Details - No Create a Stadium

This is a discussion on MLB The Show 16 Q&A on Twitter Reveals Some More Details - No Create a Stadium within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 01-17-2016, 03:00 PM   #185
MVP

razorkaos's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: MLB The Show 16 Q&A on Twitter Reveals Some More Details - No Create a Stadium

If the slow motion thing and retractable roofs are the biggest innovations in this year's game, I'll stick to 15.

I'm not complaining about the retractable roofs, or about the bullet time batting... But even if i like presentation improvements, I'll always like gameplay improvements better.

I still can't understand why the stride was removed from the game. I get that they may have wanted to simplify the pure analog batting for newcomers, but removing something that was not an issue, and not even giving us the option to control the stride, i just can't understand this decision.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-17-2016, 03:40 PM   #186
Just started!

Re: MLB The Show 16 Q&A on Twitter Reveals Some More Details - No Create a Stadium

Would love to see the import player into my franchise! I spend way too time making players up myself!
Old 01-17-2016, 05:42 PM   #187
All Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by MythicalGnome
I'm hard on the devs but in no way do Madden or NHL look better lol. First off NHL series has been the worst of any of them. It is also the easiest one to get right with no grass in sight and darker, contained stadiums.

Madden sucks but seems to be improving. We'll see.

MLB definitely needs a kick in the pants, and some problems are notoriously ancient at this point, but it is steadily going to be among the best looking games at some point. It's just taking a bit.

NBA is definitely a driving force with 2k; animations and player models are best in the business now, and it is the game closest to that near photorealism level atm.

Animation wise madden and NHL may not be better but when it just comes to graphics NHL and NBA look photo realistic at times. Mlb not even close and madden while not photo realistic still looks better then Mlb.
Old 01-17-2016, 06:11 PM   #188
Pro

cherman24's Arena

OVR: 4

Don't want to read through all the comments, but kicked in the nuts by uniform slots being the same. I could stomach it a bit if they'd scrap some never used throwback olds for current uniforms that get left out. Guess I'll be doing my annual errors and omissions thread again
Old 01-17-2016, 06:41 PM   #189
MVP

ninertravel's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by ecwcaps
Would love to see the import player into my franchise! I spend way too time making players up myself!

me too there was talk of this last year can't beleive the question wasn't ed on this most of the questions asked were dumb brain dead questions that wree 95% obvious.

it takes a good 1 hour to film a player from a roster then create him in franchise to have a export import button in 4 seconds that would be awesome
Old 01-17-2016, 06:52 PM   #190
MVP

baseballsim's Arena

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by ninertravel
me too there was talk of this last year can't beleive the question wasn't ed on this most of the questions asked were dumb brain dead questions that wree 95% obvious.

it takes a good 1 hour to film a player from a roster then create him in franchise to have a export import button in 4 seconds that would be awesome
This would be nice in Diamond Dynasty too - that is if they will still have Star Players next year.

Not sure how this took an hour unless you meant doing this for a whole team.

I took a Youtube video of DrSublime's Willie McCovey and it took me about 3:30 to record a video of all the menus. Then I had to pause the video at each menu item to manually copy for my Star Player.

I vote for Player and Logo vault preview images!
Old 01-17-2016, 07:31 PM   #191
MVP

ninertravel's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by baseballsim
This would be nice in Diamond Dynasty too - that is if they will still have Star Players next year.

Not sure how this took an hour unless you meant doing this for a whole team.

I took a Youtube video of DrSublime's Willie McCovey and it took me about 3:30 to record a video of all the menus. Then I had to pause the video at each menu item to manually copy for my Star Player.

I vote for Player and Logo vault preview images!

maybe 30 to 60 mins, my arms hurt taking the video after a while LOL to get all the face and equpemnt right and ratings it does take me a good time for each individual player, hopfully the trick from last year with exporting last years rosters into new roster works again this year, the issue really is when your already started a franchise and want to add someone over a fake player.

I always make service time clones for pitchers and positon players and dumb them in free agents and just call them service time guys, nothing worse then a 35 year old Vet with the R next to their name, another good reason to have import player option otherwise we have to spend a month to get rosters made perfect before starting I like to play and go as I go then burnout myself
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-17-2016, 08:19 PM   #192
Pro

MJDrocks's Arena

It appears this version will have very little new features added besides your annual basic upgrades on graphics, physics, and commentary. The franchise announcement I really don't care about unless it's a total new format. Looks like I'm sticking with 15 for quite sometime which I am okay with.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »