Home

MLB The Show 16 Q&A on Twitter Reveals Some More Details - No Create a Stadium

This is a discussion on MLB The Show 16 Q&A on Twitter Reveals Some More Details - No Create a Stadium within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 01-15-2016, 08:37 PM   #153

kehlis's Arena

OVR: 41
Re: MLB The Show 16 Q&A on Twitter Reveals Some More Details - No Create a Stadium

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kalkano
Haven't seen anyone else ask, so I will:

Sounds of the Show on PS4?

Ever?
That's up to Sony, not this dev team.
Old 01-15-2016, 09:10 PM   #154

jvalverde88's Arena

OVR: 28
Re: MLB The Show 16 Q&A on Twitter Reveals Some More Details - No Create a Stadium

Quote:
Originally Posted by kehlis
That's up to Sony, not this dev team.
This should posted in giant letters in a stickied thread in the MLB The Show forum.

Quote:
Never let fear determine who you are. Never let where you came from determine where you are going.
Old 01-15-2016, 09:33 PM   #155
Pro

OVR: 0

Any word on doubles down the line increasing this year, kind of lacking the way it stands now.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-15-2016, 09:38 PM   #156
LADetermined

ShowTyme15's Arena

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by jvalverde88
This should posted in giant letters in a stickied thread in the MLB The Show forum.
They'll ignore it and keep asking the same question.
Old 01-15-2016, 11:12 PM   #157

kehlis's Arena

OVR: 41

Quote:
Originally Posted by sportsgamer5761
Yeah. Not trying to be a jerk, but I had to read the original post about four times to decipher what he was talking about...
Is even basic English too much to ask for in 2016? Apparently so.
Please read through his post history before making a post like this. It was quite clearly a joke and went over your head.
Old 01-15-2016, 11:27 PM   #158
Banned

Clarke99's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Russell_SCEA
Naw if we gon do it, we gon do it big ya feel me
However you claim create a stadium isnt realistic given what it would take (understandable) Pre Built MAJOR league ballparks would be a solid idea, there are a decent amount of teams IE A's, Rays and Jays that could use a change of scenery when it comes to their ballparks.

Im in a short 29 game fantasy season with the A's, is it ever hard to play there.
Old 01-15-2016, 11:36 PM   #159
MVP

Keirik's Arena

OVR: 16

Honestly, i would habe thought by year 3 of "next grn" we would have seen some sort of create a stadium. Fairly inexusable to me. Closed/open roofs arent pushing the envolope and stagnation isnt fun. Even if it were only something we could use in the minors for licensing reasons, it still SHOULD be something we see by year 3 of ps4 in my opinion. Its time.
Old 01-15-2016, 11:51 PM   #160
MVP

Keirik's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by Russell_SCEA
Just going to get this out the way because I know people are going to keep asking about it.

Create a stadium is a Galactus type task and we've discussed it's feasibility during the last two pre-production cycles. If we ever did it your talking about at least a two year project. Which would mean some of our artists, programmers, and designers would work for a whole year on something you wouldn't see for two years. Then some would complain and say we didn't do enough in the year you didn't get the feature. It would also mean during the year there wouldn't be any or as many new minor league/classic stadiums released.

We have a pretty good idea of the type of create-a-stadium feature the masses would enjoy. And we rarely put features out that we don't feel are up to our internal standards. We also must weight that enormous task with how many people would actually use it.

Also the "it was in MVP argument" is like comparing apples to an iphone 6. The asset size differences from a PS2 game to a PS4 game alone are enormous. Not to mention a smorgasbord of other technical hurdles.

Hope this helps everyone understand a bit more.
First, i applaud you and your team for always being upfront and not shying away from any question asked. That goes a long way in my book and its very refreshing. However, if a feature like create a stadium is a two year project then when will it EVER be a feasable project? At some point it either has to start to get the ball rolling or just come out and say it just will not happen ever. I imagine the longer it waits, the closer it comes to the end of this gens cycle and gets scrapped because it closes in on the concept of "lets just wait til a ps5."

Everyone that loves baseball loves the individuality of each stadium, how stats get affected by dimensions, and the aspect of the game being as unique as our mind allows for it. Customization. Its at the heart of this game already. Its the natural next step then to take this individuality to the most identifiable aspect of the very game itself; the stadiums. Its basically the only sport where such customization changes how a gm builds their team, plays their game, etc, and mlds the outcomes. I think it really is time to take this next innovative step even if it is a gigantic one. Adds so much depth to road to the show, franchise, exhibition, sharing, online eventually, etc.

Last edited by Keirik; 01-15-2016 at 11:58 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »