Home

MLB The Show 16 Q&A on Twitter Reveals Some More Details - No Create a Stadium

This is a discussion on MLB The Show 16 Q&A on Twitter Reveals Some More Details - No Create a Stadium within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 01-15-2016, 11:47 AM   #121
Hall of Fame

jb12780's Arena

OVR: 23
Re: MLB The Show 16 Q&A on Twitter Reveals Some More Details - No Create a Stadium

Quote:
Originally Posted by thatdudesheff
Official Translation: " We have no competition to worry about, so we'll keep releasing the same game with a few new features that you really won't notice unless you watch our developer videos. But you can close the roof this year!"
Couldn't be more wrong.

Sent from my LGLS991 using Tapatalk
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-15-2016, 11:55 AM   #122
Pro

breakfastcat's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: MLB The Show 16 Q&A on Twitter Reveals Some More Details - No Create a Stadium

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShowTyme15
What about the possibility of having pre-built stadiums rather than a stadium creater? Think ASB. They had like 10 pre built stadiums (for expansion mode), plus future stadiums in franchise mode. Madden also has this when relocating. Have you guys considered that?
As awesome as a stadium creator would be, I would honestly be perfectly happy with this. Just like 5-10 different generic MLB sized stadiums similar to how they do the minor league parks. And if possible, maybe a handful of options (seat color, grass pattern, ability to place a team logo, etc.) just to add a little personalization, but nothing too major.

Last edited by breakfastcat; 01-15-2016 at 11:57 AM.
Old 01-15-2016, 12:23 PM   #123
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pompeo89
I remember being able to create stadiums and expansion teams on PS3. I believe it was the MVP franchise? I don't understand how it can't be included in these next gen games? Its like the entire gaming industry took a giant step backwards as far as features go. Yeah the graphics are better but so what. Theres no meat to these games anymore. I buy this game every year but its only for the new rosters. I feel like I'm buying he same game every year. Really disappointing.
It's called 'competition is good for the consumer'. Now, it's apparently acceptable to keep the same player models since the PS2 days. And yes, I know they are higher resolution, but they are, literally, the same player models. I cannot justify spending $60 for retractable roofs and a roster update.
Old 01-15-2016, 12:25 PM   #124
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by thatdudesheff
Official Translation: " We have no competition to worry about, so we'll keep releasing the same game with a few new features that you really won't notice unless you watch our developer videos. But you can close the roof this year!"
Love this game, but when are they going to add transition animations so some of those warm up swings don't look so weird?
Hey, they might get around to updating those around, oh...2025 or so. Gotta make sure those beards are perfect, though!
Old 01-15-2016, 12:53 PM   #125
All Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShowTyme15
What about the possibility of having pre-built stadiums rather than a stadium creater? Think ASB. They had like 10 pre built stadiums (for expansion mode), plus future stadiums in franchise mode. Madden also has this when relocating. Have you guys considered that?
Without an expansion mode pre-built generic stadiums would be a waste of developer time. I'd settle for the ability to rename and replace an existing team and move into a classic stadium.

I liked the NCAA football game's teambuilder feature where you could "create" everything yourself on a computer and then import it into the game and replace an existing school with your own creation but the lawyers shut down all the college games. I'm sure baseball stadiums are more complicated than a football field because the football field dimensions don't change.

I'll still support the show even if they ignore all my suggestions.
Old 01-15-2016, 01:03 PM   #126
MVP

Even if not a "team builder" feature (which I'd love)... a rebranding feature like they put into NBA 2k16. I've been having a blast recreating historic teams, uniforms and arenas. Again baseball may be a bit more difficult since stadium dimensions vary stadium to stadium but how difficult would it be to allow us to choose one of say 5 generic stadiums and gives us the ability alter dimensions, wall height and a few other things? I still hoping one day???
Old 01-15-2016, 01:11 PM   #127
MVP

OVR: 8

I wonder if I will be able to open my PS4 '16 version franchise saves on '15 PS3 and Vita versions of the game? That would be dope!
Old 01-15-2016, 01:30 PM   #128
[Player 1]

thaSLAB's Arena

OVR: 30

Quote:
Originally Posted by sportsgamer5761
It's called 'competition is good for the consumer'. Now, it's apparently acceptable to keep the same player models since the PS2 days. And yes, I know they are higher resolution, but they are, literally, the same player models. I cannot justify spending $60 for retractable roofs and a roster update.
That is literally 100% incorrect.

Sent from my htcONE (M8) | Tapatalk

YouTube

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »