Home

MLB The Show 16 Q&A on Twitter Reveals Some More Details - No Create a Stadium

This is a discussion on MLB The Show 16 Q&A on Twitter Reveals Some More Details - No Create a Stadium within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 01-15-2016, 06:54 AM   #113
Rookie

Moss44's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: MLB The Show 16 Q&A on Twitter Reveals Some More Details - No Create a Stadium

Quote:
Originally Posted by SHOWOFF
guess i'll be gameflying........ this will be the 1st year i don't buy the show ............ sad
You're basing your decision to not buy on a colossal feature that was never expected to make it in anyways? Sad......
Old 01-15-2016, 06:58 AM   #114
Pro

TerryP's Arena

OVR: 10
Re: MLB The Show 16 Q&A on Twitter Reveals Some More Details - No Create a Stadium

Quote:
Originally Posted by SHOWOFF
guess i'll be gameflying........ this will be the 1st year i don't buy the show ............ sad
Your loss. Most of us will be enjoying another stellar version of the best (imo) annual sports franchise out there.
Old 01-15-2016, 07:33 AM   #115
#realtalk

dalger21's Arena

OVR: 7

Has there been a date set for the annual release of the new features released (forget the actual name for it) and dev streams?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-15-2016, 08:50 AM   #116
MVP

Russell... unrelated to the create a stadium. Will we ever be able to turn off retired numbers? Many of us play w/ historic roster and not being able to use correct jersey numbers takes away from the experience. Is this an issue w/ MLB and your agreement w/ them?
Old 01-15-2016, 09:34 AM   #117
MVP

razorkaos's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by joshjays44
All i want is Stride
I second that.

Playing exclusively with analog controls, the absence of stride in MLB15 made me skip that game, hoping they would bring it back in MLB 16.

As far as i know, there's no mention of a possible return of the stride (as it was in 14), and that makes me just sad. They removed something that worked well, and there was no need to remove it in the first place.

If there's no stride on 16, i may pick 15 just to play a few games because it's price dropped.

For me, this wad a huge letdown. While people complain about cosmetics, i just want a gameplay mechanic that feels right. Is it too much?
Old 01-15-2016, 10:19 AM   #118
Banned

OVR: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ebpmd
Russell... unrelated to the create a stadium. Will we ever be able to turn off retired numbers? Many of us play w/ historic roster and not being able to use correct jersey numbers takes away from the experience. Is this an issue w/ MLB and your agreement w/ them?
This is an MLB edict. Nothing the devs can do about it. It's crazy but for some reason that's the way MLB wants it. Nothing worse than seeing Mantle wearing number 12 or Maris wearing number 17...ugh...

C

PS: I know there are workarounds but they do not work for all retired numbers.
Old 01-15-2016, 10:52 AM   #119
MVP

Only work around is the player with the retired number can wear it. Mantle can be #7. I found this to work for all teams. Issues when there are 2 players w/ same number retired. Ex. Cubs # 31. Jenkins can wear yet Maddox cannot. As a late 70's Yankees fan this totally ruined playing as them with last years '78 roster. I can appreciate the MLBs respect for the history of the game, yet this is a video game and having Craig Nettles in a number other than #9 isn't respectful to the game either??? Even if retired numbers were blocked with current rosters but available for created rosters?
Old 01-15-2016, 11:44 AM   #120
Banned

OVR: 13
Official Translation: " We have no competition to worry about, so we'll keep releasing the same game with a few new features that you really won't notice unless you watch our developer videos. But you can close the roof this year!"
Love this game, but when are they going to add transition animations so some of those warm up swings don't look so weird?

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »