Home

MLB The Show 16 Q&A on Twitter Reveals Some More Details - No Create a Stadium

This is a discussion on MLB The Show 16 Q&A on Twitter Reveals Some More Details - No Create a Stadium within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 01-14-2016, 08:25 AM   #65
Rookie

OVR: 5
Re: MLB The Show 16 Q&A on Twitter Reveals Some More Details - No Create a Stadium

All I want is New Balance and Adidas cleats and I'll be happy. Would also like the option to put some of those sponsors around the stadium. Having some Nike, UA, Marucci logos around the outfield and stadium would add to the realism.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-14-2016, 08:34 AM   #66
[Player 1]

thaSLAB's Arena

OVR: 30
Re: MLB The Show 16 Q&A on Twitter Reveals Some More Details - No Create a Stadium

Quote:
Originally Posted by MythicalGnome
To be honest I suspect it will be a lot of no's for what I want with the Twins and jerseys. Another skip year of baseball probably, but I sure hope 17 has what I need because that is getting too far into a generation for me not to have baseball.
LOL, that's by your own choice though.

Sent from my htcONE (M8) | Tapatalk

YouTube

Old 01-14-2016, 09:03 AM   #67
Pro

adh5199's Arena

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Russell_SCEA
Calling it an interview is a huge stretch I'm just randomly answering random questions nothing more nothing less.
Could you randomly answer a few questions here for us?

Sent from my LG-D850 using Tapatalk
Old 01-14-2016, 09:04 AM   #68
Pro

adh5199's Arena

OVR: 3

Edited for double post

Last edited by adh5199; 01-14-2016 at 09:07 AM.
Old 01-14-2016, 09:42 AM   #69
All Star

JayD's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joedw
I would actually love it if we could plaster the outfield walls with sponsors, or even the large scoreboards. It would just be aesthetically pleasing seeing the sponsors making a larger impact on the presentation side of things.
I completely agree with you on this one. I am tired of seeing 15 MLB The Show ads all over the stadium. Especially the eye sore of 3 right next to each other behind home plate at Turner.
Old 01-14-2016, 11:17 AM   #70
Rookie

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Armor and Sword
I love your roster and what I would highly suggest is you update the transactions from the winter meetings and up through spring training and upload a 2016 version of it.

Then you can simply start a new franchise on 15 and save that as a master file and then carry over that master file to 16 and start a new franchise. That is at least a viable solution till/if we get roster transfer.

Plus I know you can export all the players and then import them to a new roster so a lot of work can be avoided. Many roster makers did that with classic rosters and simply "ported" them from 14 onto 15 using this method. Still work, but the creation process was drastically cut down.

Anyway I know I am going to use the most updated hybrid roster I can find and go forward with that on 16 (plus transfer all my classic roster files) instead of waiting 4 months.
It's posts like these that make me love Operation Sports. Although I decided to buy The Show every year on release day and let it sit on the shelf until the OSFM rosters come out, this simple trick might energize me to play the game while I wait or buy it every year.

AS for this question and answer session. I know it's early but I think it sets a tone of expecting more of the same as last year. Lots of refinement but limited new features. I started buying sport's games on every other year for this reason. MLB even years, NBA2k odd years, so every year I get a new game and I'm never disappointed.
Old 01-14-2016, 12:16 PM   #71
Go Cubs Go

WaitTilNextYear's Arena

OVR: 18

Quote:
Originally Posted by thaSLAB
Looks like you'll have to WaitTilNextYear.

Sent from my htcONE (M8) | Tapatalk
Will you be here all week?

Ramone's reply to this question makes me feel like it'll be more like Cub fan waiting til next year than actually waiting til next year, if you get my drift.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Armor and Sword
I love your roster and what I would highly suggest is you update the transactions from the winter meetings and up through spring training and upload a 2016 version of it.

Then you can simply start a new franchise on 15 and save that as a master file and then carry over that master file to 16 and start a new franchise. That is at least a viable solution till/if we get roster transfer.

Plus I know you can export all the players and then import them to a new roster so a lot of work can be avoided. Many roster makers did that with classic rosters and simply "ported" them from 14 onto 15 using this method. Still work, but the creation process was drastically cut down.

Anyway I know I am going to use the most updated hybrid roster I can find and go forward with that on 16 (plus transfer all my classic roster files) instead of waiting 4 months.
Appreciate the advice, but anyone who works on a quality roster knows that part of what keeps you churning is the pursuit of a [relatively] perfect roster. No way I can just update transactions and call it good. There's the re-rating (which, to be fair, would need to be done even if there were roster carryover). There's the improving and research and quality control. There's the creating and shuffling in interesting new prospects. There's updating contracts. There's....always more to it...you get the idea and roster carryover, even though it wouldn't make rosters automatic, would be a nice way to allow roster people to build on their work rather than to repeat it.

Sure there is a workaround method with the CPU roster control and exporting-importing a player at a time, but there are drawbacks to that method (after accounting for the tedium of actually doing the importing/exporting) such as certain faces/players not transferring over properly so you have to double check everything anyway.

I am just trying to think of why they can't figure out how to do roster carryover if they can do franchise carryover...seeing that a roster is inside of a franchise file?? One thing I thought of is service time, but the 'easy' solution is to make that editable just like contracts became editable. Is it an MLBPA issue and them not wanting "old" versions of their players floating around in new games? I have to believe there is a bureaucratic/legal reason and not a technological one. All I know is that I wish they would implement roster carryover to help out roster people.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-14-2016, 01:09 PM   #72
Rookie

OVR: 4
Wow, with so many "no" answers, I find it difficult to see any point in buying this years game... Can you imagine if a Q&A for a 2K basketball game looked like that???

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »