Home

NBA 2K16's Key to Success

This is a discussion on NBA 2K16's Key to Success within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 08-07-2015, 09:45 AM   #33
Rookie

OVR: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by DonWuan
Make 2 separate games

One for offline and one for online.

Online players have ruined the game.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk
What makes you say that? I'm strictly an offline player, and I don't feel that way. Online players didn't ask for VC, and always needing a connection to the servers either.
Old 08-07-2015, 09:48 AM   #34
MVP

OVR: 15
Re: NBA 2K16's Key to Success

I've been asking and waiting for years for an improved halftime show and end of the game show and a weekly wrap up show for My League/season play. It honestly seem like to me the halftime show has gotten less attention the past few years. I remember when the halftime show use to show more highlights, more stats from the current game and more stats/scores from other games going on around the league during NBA Today games. I'm really hoping for 2K16 that the devs take a step back in the right direction with this. Ever since the early 2K basketball games one thing that 2K sports always could hang there hat on was presentation, but for example if I compared 2Kbasketball halftime show vs EA Madden Halftime show the past couple of years, I never thought I would say Madden's halftime show is better ....but that is the case now. I know this is just one aspect of presentation but I feel like stuff like improved replays,cameras, halftime show, end of the game show should be a key to NBA2K16's success.
Old 08-07-2015, 10:34 AM   #35
MVP

DBMcGee3's Arena

OVR: 7
Can we get the post game highlights fixed, for the love of God? 2 years of this BS already.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-07-2015, 03:12 PM   #36
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by DBMcGee3
Can we get the post game highlights fixed, for the love of God? 2 years of this BS already.
This. That really is ridiculous to me. I wonder why is it such a difficult problem to solve.
Old 08-07-2015, 03:37 PM   #37
Pro

Show me the feet lol. All roads lead to how players move on the court. Footplanting ect have been sub-standard so far, we'll see what they have to offer with the trailer Mon
Old 08-07-2015, 09:33 PM   #38
Rookie

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wildcats302
I agree on presentation...gameplay was another story, but presentation was legit. I think 2k college hoops 2k8 was as good as I have seen on the basketball side.
People have rose tinted glasses about NFL2K5 presentation.. it was just a bunch of canned highlights you could barely see the guys.. in NBA and the current generation you'd have to have all the guys different heads and high rez jerseys and arenas.. of all the teams you're showing.. hard to do that sort of wrap-up + highlights without loading in between them all.
Old 08-07-2015, 11:09 PM   #39
Rookie

Yea its about time for them to step their game up menu looks the same in gamescom video Im cool with the layout but spice it up a bit if your gonna be authentic you have to have a real true to life presentation,they have good graphics even though they need to change the texture of the jerseys,they have the best sim game around minus the cheese,hacks and legacy issues (SERVERS)but thats another story but it seems like 2k is so close to being perfect Im starting to think they are holding back just to have something to talk about next game idk but what do y'all think

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk
Old 08-08-2015, 12:00 AM   #40
MVP

lakers24's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by basehead617
People have rose tinted glasses about NFL2K5 presentation.. it was just a bunch of canned highlights you could barely see the guys.. in NBA and the current generation you'd have to have all the guys different heads and high rez jerseys and arenas.. of all the teams you're showing.. hard to do that sort of wrap-up + highlights without loading in between them all.
No they don't. That game as a total package was and is the bar that current sports games have yet to reach. Yeah, a lot of the highlights were the same and this was before the HD era and face scans, but what they accomplished on those consoles shows that it can be done now. We've had basketball and football games keep highlights from the game you've just played in the HD era, College Hoops had a recap show in the HD era, etc. Madden/Fifa had stadium flyovers coming into games a few years back.

Hell, even not using NFL 2k5 as the bar, the old NBA 2k's had a recap show. There weren't highlights or a in studio broadcast but it was there. They had a halftime show with highlights back then as well. They also had cutscenes of fans coming into the arena, leaving after loosing, buying concessions, and famous landmarks from the city you were playing in (I remember the Hollywood sign and Liberty Bell off the top of my head).

Last edited by lakers24; 08-08-2015 at 12:03 AM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »