Home

Madden Should Bring Back Its PS2 Era Substitution System

This is a discussion on Madden Should Bring Back Its PS2 Era Substitution System within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 06-05-2015, 10:00 AM   #1
Executive Editor

RaychelSnr's Arena

OVR: 57
Madden Should Bring Back Its PS2 Era Substitution System

Last Thursday, EA Sports released a long list of improvements that football fans will find this August in Madden NFL 16's Connected Franchise mode. But for the hardcore, simulation-minded gamers, the biggest news of the day might have involved an item that EA left off their list.

Read More - Madden Should Bring Back Its PS2 Era Substitution System
Platform: Xbox 360 / PS3 / PS4 / Xbox One
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-05-2015, 10:21 AM   #2
MVP

Jet Sufferer's Arena

OVR: 12
Even the Genesis features would be better than having to try and sub before the snap. I remember we had the hands package, the big package, the speed/fast package if I'm remembering right. And the little sprites would run on and off the field.
Old 06-05-2015, 10:28 AM   #3
Pro

asu666's Arena

OVR: 34
Agreed, seems like an easy thing to implement and adds a lot of value.
Old 06-05-2015, 10:56 AM   #4
Rookie

BSchwartz07's Arena

OVR: 0
Madden really peaked feature-wise two consoles ago. Now it is all about pumping out a $60 roster update with new "ultimate team" features so you can pay more money to collect digital cards.

It has also always blown my mind that you can't split time at any position. Say I have 2 RB's, like I dunno EVERY TEAM IN THE NFL, that I want to share the load equally, can't do it... but I can pay $20 to get Barry Sanders on a fictional team with random guys... so there is that.
Old 06-05-2015, 11:14 AM   #5
Banned

I said more or less exactly this a couple of days ago. I didn't realize it was in the PS2 version. From what I read so far about I won't be buying Madden football for the first time ever.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-05-2015, 11:19 AM   #6
Rookie

That was the golden age off virtual football. Yes 2k got shot down but it wasn't a horrible thing cause madden was amzing back then..... Until the horrible 360 maddens came. Even to this day madden isn't what it use to be compared to the Xbox/ps2/GC days. I wish they would of ported that version to the 360 and built off that cause the game still struggles in so many areas.
Old 06-05-2015, 11:23 AM   #7
Rookie

OVR: 1
I'm usually online gaming and after every roster update you can go into file manager and update your roster permanently. I believe the confusion is you can't do it during a game but the same task can be handled in file manager
Old 06-05-2015, 11:28 AM   #8
Rookie

OVR: 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by KOYO78
I'm usually online gaming and after every roster update you can go into file manager and update your roster permanently. I believe the confusion is you can't do it during a game but the same task can be handled in file manager
I'm not here to defend EA....just making a comment. After watching the video l see ur point quiet well for individual formation. Well like the guy above said the golden age. Then again the ppl that work for EA back then are probably not the same folks in the new installments of Madden...lime any organization framework will always change over time just wished they could carry over from year to year.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »