Home

OSFM 2015 V.2 Rosters Available Now For MLB 15 The Show

This is a discussion on OSFM 2015 V.2 Rosters Available Now For MLB 15 The Show within the MLB The Show Rosters forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Rosters
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 05-26-2015, 08:12 AM   #153
MVP

tyler28's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: OSFM 2015 V.2 Rosters Available Now For MLB 15 The Show

I uploaded a 40 man from version 2.1. I also took all injured players off of a ball for those looking for a no injury roster. I didnt touch anything else.

Psn tyler2895
Old 05-26-2015, 09:57 AM   #154
LADetermined

ShowTyme15's Arena

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by geisterhome
Damn this is with real life contracts, wont this screw us over eventually? I mean right now players like Hamels could never be dealt cos he is making over 20 mio and team budget room in year one is only 10 mio. And I also read that it'll mess up free agency cos team will run out of money?
Turn Ignore Budgets on if you're worried about it.

Last edited by ShowTyme15; 05-26-2015 at 10:00 AM.
Old 05-26-2015, 10:24 AM   #155
MVP

rjackson's Arena

OVR: 1

Tons of ways around it. Stubs if need be. I gave every team sponsors that will increase their budgets 10MM or so.

For pitch edits, Questgav has a list for just altering speeds of changes and heaters. Takes maybe 20minutes to implement.

This is by far the best OSFM roster I've ever seen. That's including old v3/4 ones in the past. Ridin et al, you've made me a very happy man!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-26-2015, 10:27 AM   #156
All Star

orion523's Arena

OVR: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShowTyme15
Turn Ignore Budgets on if you're worried about it.
But by having to turn budgets off in order to play a franchise wouldn't it have been a waste to go through the trouble of inputting the real life contracts in the first place? Whether his point is valid or not I don't know, I haven't tested it but just dismissing him out of hand isn't the best course of action either. A ton of work was done on these rosters, and it shows, big time. It would be a tragedy to see it all go for naught because of the decision to input real life contracts. Has anyone tested this long term? Are there any concrete answers here? If not I'll be happy to run some tests.
Old 05-26-2015, 10:47 AM   #157
MVP

Bondsfan's Arena

OVR: 8

I'm a little worried about this contract stuff long-term. Hopefully someone run some simulations for a few seasons to see if this is going to be a problem. I certainly hope not. The rosters are so amazing! After waiting so long to start a franchise with these, it would be huge shame if this upset the balance of the SCA ecosystem.

Ridin, knowing that you prefer to stick to SCEA ratings because of how changing them could change the balance longterm, were you worried about changing the contracts? I know you all did tons of testing, did anything get affected by this?
Old 05-26-2015, 11:53 AM   #158
MVP

rjackson's Arena

OVR: 1

WTNY & I both ran sims of at least 5 years. I wouldn't worry too much about free agents not getting signed. There will be a few but then there usually are nowadays (Drew, Morales, Soriano, etc).

Not being able to trade for a big contract like Hamels is the only question. To me, most teams are within 10MM of their budget in real life. You'd have to get ownership approval to add to it. People just assume every owner would do that but I don't think that is the case. Plus, it usually comes out of somewhere even if just next season's payroll or the next after that...

Here is my question though. If you turn ignore budgets on, aren't teams still mindful of the budget? For example, maybe the CPU could trade for Hamels and go 10MM in the red...won't the CPU still try to get back to the black anyways? Isn't the only difference essentially that it allows you to go negative as opposed to blocking the trade altogether?
Old 05-26-2015, 12:00 PM   #159
MVP

RidinDwnKingsley's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bondsfan
I'm a little worried about this contract stuff long-term. Hopefully someone run some simulations for a few seasons to see if this is going to be a problem. I certainly hope not. The rosters are so amazing! After waiting so long to start a franchise with these, it would be huge shame if this upset the balance of the SCA ecosystem.

Ridin, knowing that you prefer to stick to SCEA ratings because of how changing them could change the balance longterm, were you worried about changing the contracts? I know you all did tons of testing, did anything get affected by this?

Guys I keep repeating myself here lol i tested a few seasons and saw nothing. If you dont like the contracts change them they are editable. When we released V1 everyone asked why there weren't real contracts.... Now they are real..... I feel confident enough to play my franchise with this set. Realistically how many people play more that a few seasons? I can barely finish one before the new game comes out. These contracts are stable for every season i simmed too. I saw rosters without real money values and saw similar results. You can run into the FA's not signing in any roster in any season. Its in the code. Contracts are fine. Play with budgets off, problem solved. Budgets change in real life yearly anyway.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 05-26-2015, 12:42 PM   #160
MVP

DarthRambo's Arena

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjackson
Tons of ways around it. Stubs if need be. I gave every team sponsors that will increase their budgets 10MM or so.

For pitch edits, Questgav has a list for just altering speeds of changes and heaters. Takes maybe 20minutes to implement.

This is by far the best OSFM roster I've ever seen. That's including old v3/4 ones in the past. Ridin et al, you've made me a very happy man!

Where is this list at?

Quote:
Originally Posted by tyler28
I uploaded a 40 man from version 2.1. I also took all injured players off of a ball for those looking for a no injury roster. I didnt touch anything else.

Psn tyler2895

Sweet, exactly what I am wanting. Thanks man! I will download hopefully tonight and maybe get to play a game in a new franchise!

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Rosters »