Home

OSFM 2015 V.2 Rosters Available Now For MLB 15 The Show

This is a discussion on OSFM 2015 V.2 Rosters Available Now For MLB 15 The Show within the MLB The Show Rosters forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Rosters
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 05-26-2015, 12:49 PM   #161
All Star

orion523's Arena

OVR: 21
Re: OSFM 2015 V.2 Rosters Available Now For MLB 15 The Show

Quote:
Originally Posted by RidinDwnKingsley
Guys I keep repeating myself here lol i tested a few seasons and saw nothing. If you dont like the contracts change them they are editable. When we released V1 everyone asked why there weren't real contracts.... Now they are real..... I feel confident enough to play my franchise with this set. Realistically how many people play more that a few seasons? I can barely finish one before the new game comes out. These contracts are stable for every season i simmed too. I saw rosters without real money values and saw similar results. You can run into the FA's not signing in any roster in any season. Its in the code. Contracts are fine. Play with budgets off, problem solved. Budgets change in real life yearly anyway.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
You're word is enough for me. Moving on!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-26-2015, 12:55 PM   #162
MVP

Bondsfan's Arena

OVR: 8

Thanks for the reassurance Ridin!
Old 05-26-2015, 01:30 PM   #163
Banned

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by RidinDwnKingsley
Guys I keep repeating myself here lol i tested a few seasons and saw nothing. If you dont like the contracts change them they are editable. When we released V1 everyone asked why there weren't real contracts.... Now they are real..... I feel confident enough to play my franchise with this set. Realistically how many people play more that a few seasons? I can barely finish one before the new game comes out. These contracts are stable for every season i simmed too. I saw rosters without real money values and saw similar results. You can run into the FA's not signing in any roster in any season. Its in the code. Contracts are fine. Play with budgets off, problem solved. Budgets change in real life yearly anyway.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
First off the roster is really awesome. Like really awesome. But the fact is the game try's to balance the budgets itself according to the programming. A lot of people can vouche for this (otherwise so many people wouldn't bring it up). For example the Orioles. You can go above .500 with them but you are still going to lose 15 million from your budget down to 130m. I was hoping the guys building the roster would figure this out by now. The major problem is that there are teams that drastically get there budgets slashed while other teams like the Yankees and dodgers maintain (even if they do terrible). Essentially you are just giving the teams who don't cut the budget a hugeeeeeee advantage. Like really huge. Someone needs to do simulations just to figure out what the optimal budget it for the lowest teams and then redo the contracts accordingly. If the lowest team's optimal budget is +10% than the rest of the teams need there budgets corrected using that as a baseline (too keep things somewhat fair). Real contracts just don't work.
Old 05-26-2015, 02:19 PM   #164
Just started!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amcc004
First off the roster is really awesome. Like really awesome. But the fact is the game try's to balance the budgets itself according to the programming. A lot of people can vouche for this (otherwise so many people wouldn't bring it up). For example the Orioles. You can go above .500 with them but you are still going to lose 15 million from your budget down to 130m. I was hoping the guys building the roster would figure this out by now. The major problem is that there are teams that drastically get there budgets slashed while other teams like the Yankees and dodgers maintain (even if they do terrible). Essentially you are just giving the teams who don't cut the budget a hugeeeeeee advantage. Like really huge. Someone needs to do simulations just to figure out what the optimal budget it for the lowest teams and then redo the contracts accordingly. If the lowest team's optimal budget is +10% than the rest of the teams need there budgets corrected using that as a baseline (too keep things somewhat fair). Real contracts just don't work.
Perhaps that someone ought to be you...it amazes me how people constantly find something to complain about. The rosters are amazing and the overall product is great. You give an inch and people want a mile
Old 05-26-2015, 02:25 PM   #165
All Star

orion523's Arena

OVR: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amcc004
You're kind of describing real life aren't you? Clubs like the Yankees, Dodgers, Red Sox, and every other larger market club will always have a FINANCIAL advantage over clubs like the Twins, Rays, and Orioles. Regardless of revenue sharing, competitive balance, and the rest. The smaller clubs need to find other ways, hence the Moneyball explosion. Problem now though is that you have big market clubs building like small market clubs(Cubs, Red Sox). Without a salary cap this will always be.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-26-2015, 02:34 PM   #166
Rookie

ozcore's Arena

ty tyler28 for roster without injuries, i will download it tonite when i get home
Old 05-26-2015, 02:39 PM   #167
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by orion523
You're kind of describing real life aren't you? Clubs like the Yankees, Dodgers, Red Sox, and every other larger market club will always have a FINANCIAL advantage over clubs like the Twins, Rays, and Orioles. Regardless of revenue sharing, competitive balance, and the rest. The smaller clubs need to find other ways, hence the Moneyball explosion. Problem now though is that you have big market clubs building like small market clubs(Cubs, Red Sox). Without a salary cap this will always be.
Of course the Sox and Yanks will always spend a lot more money but you missed my point.

Low budget teams shouldn't be getting their budget slashed by 15 million after one season automatically (unless they win the series). I acknowledge this is a code problem and not an OSFM problem but their must be a way to balance the scale. Like I said earlier there is probably a way to increase budgets to make it more realistic without causing a massively more unrealistic gap between clubs like the Yankees and Orioles. Real contracts actually make the game more unrealistic than it does realistic.
Old 05-26-2015, 02:42 PM   #168
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by sparty9490
Perhaps that someone ought to be you...it amazes me how people constantly find something to complain about. The rosters are amazing and the overall product is great. You give an inch and people want a mile
Sorry, did you miss where I said how awesome the roster is? I'm just trying to provide feedback. If feedback is not wanted than I'll stop posting.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Rosters »