Home

MLB 15 The Show Patch 1.03 Available Now, Details Included (PS3, PS4)

This is a discussion on MLB 15 The Show Patch 1.03 Available Now, Details Included (PS3, PS4) within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 05-15-2015, 08:13 PM   #169
Rookie

coreyerb's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: MLB 15 The Show Patch 1.03 Available Now, Details Included (PS3, PS4)

Quote:
Originally Posted by P.A.D.
And the response:
1 - 3. None of these points could prevent that ridiculous dropped can of corn from happening, allowing a run to score.
4. Nothing . . . the route you took was horrible.
5. Explained above.
6. This is a good example of what I mean with the strike zone. After you threw those pitches, you checked to see the location and of the 3 borderline pitches, 2 were CLEARLY strikes, but conveniently got called balls. So now you're either (a) forced to throw a broadway strike and watch it get crushed, or (b) continue nibbling, eventually leading to walks that lead to rallies.

So yes, this is a pretty good example of the "interesting" circumstances that occur in order to allow games to be competitive.
Yep, I'll own my part in allowing the triple. Nothing amiss there. Just my inexperience leading to a poor route.

Just wanted to acknowledge I've had plenty of weird coincidences add up to comebacks too.

Not sure what to make of it, not blaming anything or anyone, just pointing it out. Maybe the Padres are secretly unbeatable and this is San Diego Studios' way of saying "What's wrong with you? A Diamondbacks franchise?" (I would be OK with that.)
Old 05-15-2015, 09:51 PM   #170
Rookie

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by markprior22
If they can't program it to work correctly at this time, that's one thing. To say it's working as intended is another. Really, really getting frustrated with this franchise.
I wonder about the programming aspect as well. Love the gameplay for the most part, but the cpu ai and options for baseball strategy within the game are lacking and have remained mostly untouched for several years now.

I'm at the point where I'm praying for someone to challenge SCEA with a baseball nerdist type sim.
Old 05-15-2015, 10:28 PM   #171
Banned

Just played two games.

- Game 1 I was up 4-2 in the ninth. Brought in closer. Single, walk, 3 run Jack. Typical.

- Game 2, up 11-4 in the ninth. First batter hits a Jack, 11-5. Next batter single. Next batter routine grounder to shortstop. Booted right through the wickets. Next batter three run Jack, 11-8. This game really can be ridiculous sometimes.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-15-2015, 11:04 PM   #172
#Ace

Speedy's Arena

OVR: 27

Quote:
Originally Posted by Russell_SCEA
It's impossible to prove because the code doesn't exit. There's not one line of code in the game that makes the cpu comeback.
Glad this ain't NBA2K15...I was playing as the Clippers last night and was up by nearly 20 then the CPU just hit a switch and rolled over me!
Old 05-15-2015, 11:16 PM   #173
Pro

ajblithe20's Arena

OVR: 2

Quote:
Just played two games.

- Game 1 I was up 4-2 in the ninth. Brought in closer. Single, walk, 3 run Jack. Typical.

- Game 2, up 11-4 in the ninth. First batter hits a Jack, 11-5. Next batter single. Next batter routine grounder to shortstop. Booted right through the wickets. Next batter three run Jack, 11-8. This game really can be ridiculous sometimes.
I have no idea why this would happen to you often and not to me. I blow a save now and then, and sometimes when my pitcher's confidence is down I'll blow 2 or 3 in a 5 or 6 game span. But I save the vast majority of chances I get.

I've played at least 10 games in the past 3 days and I've given up 1 run in the 9th inning (and some were close games). So there's no way you have no control over this happening one way or another. So it apparently happens to you so much because 1) You're sliders are impacting it (I play on default sliders). 2) Your difficulty is somehow causing it (I play on All Star or HOF for everything). 3) User Error. You just forget how to pitch. Maybe you just get rattled lol
Old 05-15-2015, 11:18 PM   #174
[Player 1]

thaSLAB's Arena

OVR: 30

Quote:
Just played two games.

At this point, you should probably just stop playing the game. You are way too emotionally vested, IMO. I don't think there's any way you could allow your self to enjoy the game.

htcONE [M8] 5.0 | Tapatalk

YouTube

Old 05-15-2015, 11:20 PM   #175
#Ace

Speedy's Arena

OVR: 27

Quote:
Originally Posted by thaSLAB
At this point, you should probably just stop playing the game. You are way too emotionally vested, IMO. I don't think there's any way you could allow your self to enjoy the game.

I agree...PAD, you need to take a step back, my friend. Too good of a game not to enjoy.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-16-2015, 01:12 AM   #176
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by thaSLAB

I'm way too emotionally vested because I described two examples of how the Cpu gets unrealistically good in the late innings? Perhaps you need to open your mind to the fact that this is a forum where people post about their video game experiences without being insulted or told to stop playing a game just because you don't experience what many others do.

And I play on HoF difficulty with a few slider adjustments.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »