Home

MLB 15 The Show Patch 1.03 Available Now, Details Included (PS3, PS4)

This is a discussion on MLB 15 The Show Patch 1.03 Available Now, Details Included (PS3, PS4) within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 05-14-2015, 02:04 AM   #97
Hall Of Fame

KBLover's Arena

OVR: 40
Re: MLB 15 The Show Patch 1.03 Available Now, Details Included (PS3, PS4)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ckarlic
What mode does this happen in? I have never seen this happen yet in my franchise.

It's rare but it CAN happen in franchise mode.

I've seen my Yelich pull it off a few times in my Marlins franchise if Stanton (or such) hits a long fly out to CF.

Jean Segura pulled it off as well in my fantasy Rockies franchise.
Old 05-14-2015, 02:09 AM   #98
Pro

OVR: 5

Have yet to see a difference in the bunts...

People pulling perfect bunts with small guys left and right
Old 05-14-2015, 03:07 AM   #99
Banned

OVR: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by P.A.D.
So things that we have to "deal with" even after both patches:

- Progression after year 6 has each team with a starting rotation consisting of multiple Cy Young's.

- Runners regularly taking 2 bases on sacrifice flies due to continued poor animations on throws that the cpu doesn't do so we're pretty much forced to play with auto fielding.

- starting pitchers not gaining energy back after 5 games in the postseason forcing you to have a 7 man rotation.

- foul balls at Wrigley field transporting into fielders gloves.

- Fielders missing tags on runners that should be out by 15 feet.

- Teams carrying 15 pitchers and no backup catcher or anything else.

- Stolen base graphic displaying that everyone has 5 caught steals.

Hmm, as much as I love the game, the lack of competition is really hurting this franchise.
Exactly. OOTP could be that competition, being that it is BY FAR a more realistic baseball game, but too many people complained about not wanting to see animations in the game (I am guessing they are not wanting their 10 year old laptops to lock up), so Markus just isn't going to do it as long as people buy the game.
Old 05-14-2015, 04:21 AM   #100
Member of Rush Nation

CujoMatty's Arena

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by kamackeris76
Isn't all this extremely time consuming? Does that mean every single game I need to be looking at team lineups etc for every team ? Will the ai still make trades etc?

Does the opening day bug happen every day for ever then?
I use 30 team control but I have the lineups and rotations to auto. I don't really care if all the line ups are exact as real life. yes the cpu wI'll still trade and that's why I use 30 team control. I check the pending trades section every couple days and veto the crappy ones. If you use 30 team control that way it's not time consuming at all.
Old 05-14-2015, 04:26 AM   #101
MVP

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by cujomatty
I use 30 team control but I have the lineups and rotations to auto. I don't really care if all the line ups are exact as real life. yes the cpu wI'll still trade and that's why I use 30 team control. I check the pending trades section every couple days and veto the crappy ones. If you use 30 team control that way it's not time consuming at all.
Cheers man.... So when the teams start to overload with pitchers you can just jump in and sort it out.. I get it. Now if that opening day bug can be sorted.......
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-14-2015, 05:16 AM   #102
oh ummm

OVR: 20
Re: 103 Patch Notes

Offline/Online - Foul/Fair ball detection in CHI White Sox - 3rd base line

I knew I wasn't crazy!!
Old 05-14-2015, 08:10 AM   #103
Bacon is Better

Bullit's Arena

OVR: 17

Quote:
Originally Posted by P.A.D.
So things that we have to "deal with" even after both patches:

- Progression after year 6 has each team with a starting rotation consisting of multiple Cy Young's.
I just simmed 15 years of an Orioles franchise and ever roster was pretty well balanced. Big clubs had better pitchers etc.
- Runners regularly taking 2 bases on sacrifice flies due to continued poor animations on throws that the cpu doesn't do so we're pretty much forced to play with auto fielding.
I personally haven't seen anything that bothers me that much and I would never play with auto fielding, but that is just me
- starting pitchers not gaining energy back after 5 games in the postseason forcing you to have a 7 man rotation.
I know this is an issue for a lot of people so I will go with this, though it doesn't seem to bother me that much.
- foul balls at Wrigley field transporting into fielders gloves.
I have never seen it but I know its there so yeah ok.
- Fielders missing tags on runners that should be out by 15 feet.
Not an issue for me. I have seen a few calls that bothered me but nothing this drastic.
- Teams carrying 15 pitchers and no backup catcher or anything else.
Again I simmed 15 seasons and every roster was balanced with 12/13 pitchers and 12/13 position players. I have seen the other way though. I have seen a few teams with way to many bench players and not enough pitching.
- Stolen base graphic displaying that everyone has 5 caught steals.
I have never seen this.
Hmm, as much as I love the game, the lack of competition is really hurting this franchise.
I am not downplaying your issues with the game. You feelings on the situation are very clear. I hope you can find some way to enjoy the game.

I just don't see the same things that you are seeing. I'm not defending the developers (Russell can defend himself quite well) or thinking all is rainbows and unicorns. Maybe I am just not as demanding as other people. All I know is I am about a month away from finishing my first year, I have played over 140 games combined between my minors and pro's and I am loving this game and for me it is the best one yet.

My heart and soul hurt for your lost presence in my life.
Old 05-14-2015, 09:20 AM   #104
Meow

DetroitStyle's Arena

OVR: 29

Quote:
Originally Posted by Russell_SCEA
Your franchise is doomed?
I suppose it's all subjective but yes, in my opinion Franchise is likely to have an unfortunate and inescapable outcome after 8+ years per this thread.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heroesandvillains
LOL! Yeah I gotta agree, his post was pretty Apocolyptic.

He's talking about how league ERA's plummet the further you sim into Franchise. Which I would agree with.

The issue seems to me that too many high potential pitchers are getting drafted, and most C's and especially B's are turning into A's which are all dominating the league.
I get it if they can't patch it, but I'd like to know if there's an alternative way to address the issue from the developer side of things or if they're looking into an alternative fix. It's a frustrating issue because it not only affects sim stats but gameplay as well since you're going against higher rated pitchers. This isn't a totally new issue, I mean in the thread linked above Nomo17k said he made a note about it at the community event.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »