Home

MLB 15 The Show Patch 1.02 Available Now, Details Included (PS3, PS4)

This is a discussion on MLB 15 The Show Patch 1.02 Available Now, Details Included (PS3, PS4) within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 05-08-2015, 12:25 PM   #577
Rookie

QuestGAV's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: MLB 15 The Show Patch 1.02 Available Now, Details Included (PS3, PS4)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Woodweaver
Yeah, that's the one I was talking about. Is that different than the freeze about which Ramone was writing?
Just to clarify, are you thinking you squashed this in 1.02 or you have a fix in the works for next patch? If you think it's already squashed then definitely not. It's still reproducible 100% of the time under multiple setup configurations in 1.02 with this file:

File name
SBFM(OS) version1.0

Psn
Onebase24

There have been other roster files it occurs some percentage of the time but that's the only one I'm aware of hard crashing 100% of the time.
Old 05-08-2015, 12:27 PM   #578
Developer

Woodweaver's Arena

OVR: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by QuestGAV
Just to clarify, are you thinking you squashed this in 1.02 or you have a fix in the works for next patch? If you think it's already squashed then definitely not. It's still reproducible 100% of the time under multiple setup configurations in 1.02 with this file:

File name

SBFM(OS) version1.0

Psn

Onebase24

There have been other roster files it occurs some percentage of the time but that's the only one I'm aware of hard crashing 100% of the time.

We are aware that it exists in 1.02.
Old 05-08-2015, 12:40 PM   #579
Rookie

QuestGAV's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Woodweaver
We are aware that it exists in 1.02.
Thanks. Do you expect a fix in the next patch? It's negatively impacting quite a few people and discouraging them from really investing time - both in terms of roster creation and enjoying franchise mode.
Old 05-08-2015, 02:04 PM   #580
MVP

Heroesandvillains's Arena

OVR: 27

Quote:
Originally Posted by tabarnes19
Trades are proposed, but teams pull them for whatever reason. If you kept an eye every day and accept or decline them probably would get similar results to instant trades.

I think the trade block was a change made to tune the logic so I assume it was intentional. I think the quality of the trades has been drastically improved. I don't see the Tanaka for Kershaw straight up trades anymore. If a big name is traded then it is usually a 2 or 3 for one.

My only complaint I have on the system is that teams don't seem to trade for improvement or deal from strength. An example was pre-patch people complained that Dioneer Navarro would be traded. I thought that was realistic and made sense. You had two starting level catchers and deal from strength to fill another hole. That trade has NOT happened post patch. I don't see teams going and getting that big piece.

I think there are some workarounds I'll use. This game is fabulous and I play it to death. It is easily the best game out there for any genre for me. I always have some workarounds that make it more enjoyable. Last year I manually renewed all A potential players so they didn't sign cheap long term deals. I still sim to the last day of the exclusive period to have more players hit the market.

I am really thankful we have a solid development team that communicates and accepts feedback and improves each year!
I agree with your sentiments fully. This year's version of The Show deserves to be placed as the best sports sim of all time. Hands down, at least, based on every sports title I've ever played. The game is balanced to near perfection. Considering I only ever use QC's that should say even more about their ability to replicate the sport thanks to their vision and programming talents (etc).

I don't *mind* doing the workaround for trading. Some of the early house rules proposed in this thread seem to be something that can be rather quickly accomplished. It's just a little disheartening that something so fundamental to a baseball sim can get messed up and then to be told that it won't be addressed without any explanation. I'm sure it's possible that they tried to fix it and it broke something else. And in which case I'd understand holding off on it. But it's also possible they see nothing wrong and in which case I'd prefer that be stated so we can understand their perspective and/or possibly demonstrate exactly what we are seeing incase the issue is just them being able to replicate what we are seeing in-house.

And my frustration branches to all console games here, because I really wish we as consumers could pick and choose which patches we want applied to our games. I'd gladly go back to 1.01 if I could.

My gaming time is extremely limited these days and messing around with house rules sounds just about as much fun as watching paint dry. Again, this goes for all console games, not explicitly The Show.

Either way I'm happy we belong to a community where a Dev even feels comfortable enough to address the matter at all. That is appreciated greatly. At least I know where to place my expectations about 1.03.
Old 05-09-2015, 05:09 PM   #581
All Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heroesandvillains
I agree with your sentiments fully. This year's version of The Show deserves to be placed as the best sports sim of all time. Hands down, at least, based on every sports title I've ever played. The game is balanced to near perfection. Considering I only ever use QC's that should say even more about their ability to replicate the sport thanks to their vision and programming talents (etc).

I don't *mind* doing the workaround for trading. Some of the early house rules proposed in this thread seem to be something that can be rather quickly accomplished. It's just a little disheartening that something so fundamental to a baseball sim can get messed up and then to be told that it won't be addressed without any explanation. I'm sure it's possible that they tried to fix it and it broke something else. And in which case I'd understand holding off on it. But it's also possible they see nothing wrong and in which case I'd prefer that be stated so we can understand their perspective and/or possibly demonstrate exactly what we are seeing incase the issue is just them being able to replicate what we are seeing in-house.

And my frustration branches to all console games here, because I really wish we as consumers could pick and choose which patches we want applied to our games. I'd gladly go back to 1.01 if I could.

My gaming time is extremely limited these days and messing around with house rules sounds just about as much fun as watching paint dry. Again, this goes for all console games, not explicitly The Show.

Either way I'm happy we belong to a community where a Dev even feels comfortable enough to address the matter at all. That is appreciated greatly. At least I know where to place my expectations about 1.03.
It is the best baseball game I've played and I've played most of them going back to Earl Weaver. There are a couple issues still but I'll continue to play and enjoy the game if the patch doesn't address the remaining issues - the problem with some patches especially those impacting gameplay is the developers don't have a long time to test them and sometimes they fix one thing only to break something else.

Biggest remaining issue for me is with something I lobbied for going back several years, carry over saves. It is a great feature but unless you want to use 30 team control you are forced into GM mode if you want to carry over your franchise. I want to carry over my franchise but I don't want to use 30 team control and I don't want to be forced into GM mode.

My self imposed trade restrictions.

All trades must have an equal number of players on both teams, 1 for 1, 2 for 2, 3 for 3.

Single player trades must be either players at the same position or position of need on the CPU team's trading block.

Multi player trades must include one player on trading block. You can then offer a player at the same position as the player on the trading block or a player at a position of need.

Third CPU player must be either a player on trading block or position of need.

No players with low durability can be included because the CPU doesn't recognize low durability as a liability unless it is a single player trade for another player with low durability. My cutoff is at 50 durability.

You will find with those trade restrictions it will be difficult to rip off the CPU.
Old 05-09-2015, 08:25 PM   #582
Hall of Fame

jb12780's Arena

OVR: 23

Pink bats?

Sent from my LG-LS980 using Tapatalk
Old 05-09-2015, 08:33 PM   #583
[Player 1]

thaSLAB's Arena

OVR: 30

Quote:
Originally Posted by jb12780
Pink bats?

Mother's Day?

htcONE [M8] 5.0 | Tapatalk

YouTube

Old 05-09-2015, 08:33 PM   #584
Hall of Fame

jb12780's Arena

OVR: 23

Quote:
Originally Posted by thaSLAB
Mother's Day?

htcONE [M8] 5.0 | Tapatalk
Yes it was a mothers day game. Nice touch.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »