Home

MLB 15 The Show Patch 1.02 Available Now, Details Included (PS3, PS4)

This is a discussion on MLB 15 The Show Patch 1.02 Available Now, Details Included (PS3, PS4) within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 05-08-2015, 08:22 AM   #569
The Lama

Armor and Sword's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: MLB 15 The Show Patch 1.02 Available Now, Details Included (PS3, PS4)

Quote:
Originally Posted by tabarnes19
I have been taking teams in July that are deemed rebuild and using trade finder for their most likely trade chips.

1. I take the best trade for them
2. Must be traded to a playoff push team

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Exactly. I will use the trade finder as well and then if there are multiple offers for the same player I will use the random number method to determine which deal the team takes.

It's an easy work around and takes minutes to do before the trade deadline.

Again the logic tuning is really good. Hopefully for 16 the frequency for 30 team control is tuned back to pre patch as well.
NHL25 - Panthers YR1
Star Wars Outlaws

Follow me on Twitch
https://www.twitch.tv/armorandsword
Old 05-08-2015, 08:26 AM   #570
Game Designer

tabarnes19_SDS's Arena

OVR: 30

Teams trade players on the trade block as well. I have not found a way to keep them on it yet. When I get time this weekend I'm going to try a few things to put players on the block and see how to keep them there without the CPU pulling them.

I'm also going to up the injury slider, sim spring training and see why there usually is A couple more trades using default rosters instead of custom. Not sure if it has to do with players in the minors being rated higher than the default.

Old 05-08-2015, 08:40 AM   #571
MVP

sink4ever's Arena

OVR: 9

Quote:
Teams trade players on the trade block as well. I have not found a way to keep them on it yet. When I get time this weekend I'm going to try a few things to put players on the block and see how to keep them there without the CPU pulling them.

I'm also going to up the injury slider, sim spring training and see why there usually is A couple more trades using default rosters instead of custom. Not sure if it has to do with players in the minors being rated higher than the default.

I had meant to ask you if you had tried manually putting guys on the trade block for CPU teams. It's interesting that the CPU will take them off, I'll try to do some testing this weekend on that as well.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-08-2015, 09:11 AM   #572
Game Designer

tabarnes19_SDS's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by sink4ever
I had meant to ask you if you had tried manually putting guys on the trade block for CPU teams. It's interesting that the CPU will take them off, I'll try to do some testing this weekend on that as well.
I'm not sure why they pull them. sometimes they stay on for a week others they are off the next day. I get frustrated that teams in rebuild mode don't put vets on the trade block. Pre patch players like Utley would be on the block and get traded.
Old 05-08-2015, 11:28 AM   #573
Rookie

OVR: 3

So...Trade frequency works fine controlling one team but is greatly reduced controlling all 30 teams? Do rebuilding teams still make trades with contenders on single team control?
Old 05-08-2015, 11:42 AM   #574
Rookie

Threeebs's Arena

OVR: 8

Quote:
I'm not sure why they pull them. sometimes they stay on for a week others they are off the next day. I get frustrated that teams in rebuild mode don't put vets on the trade block. Pre patch players like Utley would be on the block and get traded.
Maybe should have asked Ramone if they could tune the trade block to how it's worked in previous iterations? That sounds like the problem more than anything.

Also are the trades still being proposed between teams with trade delay on and just not being accepted by the team receiving the offer as frequently? 'Cause if that's the case then at the very least with 30 team control I can analyze the offer and accept it on the receiving team's behalf to up trade numbers...
Old 05-08-2015, 12:10 PM   #575
Game Designer

tabarnes19_SDS's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcus
So...Trade frequency works fine controlling one team but is greatly reduced controlling all 30 teams? Do rebuilding teams still make trades with contenders on single team control?
I didn't notice a huge difference. It depends on the sim and injuries that occured and the roster used. In the tests I used I had as few as 12 trades in a season and as many as 22. There should be 20-30 trades in a "virtual" baseball world since there are MANY MANY more in MLB.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Threeebs
Maybe should have asked Ramone if they could tune the trade block to how it's worked in previous iterations? That sounds like the problem more than anything.

Also are the trades still being proposed between teams with trade delay on and just not being accepted by the team receiving the offer as frequently? 'Cause if that's the case then at the very least with 30 team control I can analyze the offer and accept it on the receiving team's behalf to up trade numbers...
Trades are proposed, but teams pull them for whatever reason. If you kept an eye every day and accept or decline them probably would get similar results to instant trades.

I think the trade block was a change made to tune the logic so I assume it was intentional. I think the quality of the trades has been drastically improved. I don't see the Tanaka for Kershaw straight up trades anymore. If a big name is traded then it is usually a 2 or 3 for one.

My only complaint I have on the system is that teams don't seem to trade for improvement or deal from strength. An example was pre-patch people complained that Dioneer Navarro would be traded. I thought that was realistic and made sense. You had two starting level catchers and deal from strength to fill another hole. That trade has NOT happened post patch. I don't see teams going and getting that big piece.

I think there are some workarounds I'll use. This game is fabulous and I play it to death. It is easily the best game out there for any genre for me. I always have some workarounds that make it more enjoyable. Last year I manually renewed all A potential players so they didn't sign cheap long term deals. I still sim to the last day of the exclusive period to have more players hit the market.

I am really thankful we have a solid development team that communicates and accepts feedback and improves each year!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-08-2015, 12:15 PM   #576
MVP

redsoxfan31's Arena

OVR: 0

is this the thread to post in to find out some info about the draft bug? I have experienced it a couple times that I can remember, on one occasion when it came to draft day it just froze on that screen and I couldn't enter the draft and on another occasion I went into the draft and the first overall pick belonged to a AAA team and then the rest were Orioles picks. I know this has been posted about elsewhere but I just wanted to see if the cause of this was known and/or if it is going to be patched. Thanks for any help
NBA: BOSTON CELTICS
NFL: NEW ENGLAND PATRIOTS
NHL: BOSTON BRUINS

"Everybody has a plan until they get punched in the mouth" - Mike Tyson

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »