Home

MLB 15 The Show Patch 1.02 Available Now, Details Included (PS3, PS4)

This is a discussion on MLB 15 The Show Patch 1.02 Available Now, Details Included (PS3, PS4) within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 04-29-2015, 03:15 AM   #457
MVP

steelerfan's Arena

OVR: 1
Re: MLB 15 The Show Patch 1.02 Available Now, Details Included (PS3, PS4)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mvp_status
I have assisted baserunning on, and way too many times, my runner will slide back to his base on groundball hits......WITH 2 OUTS. You have no idea how frustrating it when I manage to grind out a hit after a long at-bat, only for the inning to end because the baserunning logic is jacked up
Try AUTO baserunning. You won't have that problem at all.
Old 04-29-2015, 03:28 AM   #458
KV

majestic24's Arena

OVR: 8

Is anybody seeing CPU baserunners taking extra lead after the patch? I still don't see any at all. Am i missing something? Should I restart my franchise for it to take effect? I know it's only a general gameplay issue.
Old 04-29-2015, 04:18 AM   #459
All Star

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrmagoo
Well that's good news. I guess by reading through this thread n others I hear about all the odd bugs or glitches ppl are having, one or should I say "I" kind of assumes(d) it's a mass problem.

Things always sound worse on the forums then they really are lol. I can remember there being a lot of hate on sever NBA 2k games and on mlb the show games in the past that got scores of like 9/10 to the point where you would almost think the game should have been like a 1/10 kind of game lol.
Old 04-29-2015, 07:21 AM   #460
Then..Now...Forever

countryboy's Arena

OVR: 62

Quote:
Originally Posted by majestic24
Is anybody seeing CPU baserunners taking extra lead after the patch? I still don't see any at all. Am i missing something? Should I restart my franchise for it to take effect? I know it's only a general gameplay issue.
There are varying leads. Some runners take bigger leads than others.

I miss the old days of Operation Sports :(

Louisville Cardinals/St.Louis Cardinals
Old 04-29-2015, 07:57 AM   #461
ND

NDAlum's Arena

OVR: 29

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrmagoo
Wasn't trying to be a downer, but some of them are rather surprising. The ppl hitting a homer with men on base n only 1 run counting, the bunting issues.
Btw I don't have the game, only going by what I've read. It sounds like I'd be pretty bummed out if I did have it tho.
Hopefully things do get addressed tho!!
I've played 66 games in my franchise:

Ball warp at Wrigley: 1 time (in like 6/7 games there)
HR glitch: 1 time
Catcher/tag issue: 1 time
Two strike glitch: 0 times
Bunting issues: never noticed. I've had one squeeze against me and after the patch I've seen many missed bunt attempts

Other various issues: mainly some fielding "quirks" here and there with auto fielding. Sometimes guys will jog after a ball but it might be ratings related. Sometimes the throwing mechanic doesn't get rid of balls as quickly as I want. Animations on fielding bunts are still something that need to be cleaned up IMO.

The game is not perfect but it's arguable the best sports game I've played. If you expect perfection then prepare to be disappointed at one time or another.

I view this iteration of the game a huge step forward for the series but there are some areas that need to be cleaned up and other areas I want them to vastly improve which I posted in the three ideas thread.

If people aren't happy with this game I can't imagine they are happy with any other sports game.

Atlanta Braves Fantasy Draft Franchise | Google Docs History
NL East Champs 5x | WS Champion 1x (2020)
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-29-2015, 08:26 AM   #462
KV

majestic24's Arena

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by countryboy
There are varying leads. Some runners take bigger leads than others.
Everytime i try to pick them off, 100% of the time, they go back standing
Old 04-29-2015, 10:33 AM   #463
*ll St*r

Knight165's Arena

OVR: 56

Quote:
Originally Posted by NDAlum
I've played 66 games in my franchise:

Ball warp at Wrigley: 1 time (in like 6/7 games there)
HR glitch: 1 time
Catcher/tag issue: 1 time
Two strike glitch: 0 times
Bunting issues: never noticed. I've had one squeeze against me and after the patch I've seen many missed bunt attempts

Other various issues: mainly some fielding "quirks" here and there with auto fielding. Sometimes guys will jog after a ball but it might be ratings related. Sometimes the throwing mechanic doesn't get rid of balls as quickly as I want. Animations on fielding bunts are still something that need to be cleaned up IMO.

The game is not perfect but it's arguable the best sports game I've played. If you expect perfection then prepare to be disappointed at one time or another.

I view this iteration of the game a huge step forward for the series but there are some areas that need to be cleaned up and other areas I want them to vastly improve which I posted in the three ideas thread.

If people aren't happy with this game I can't imagine they are happy with any other sports game.
Exactly.
Well said.
This is the best version of a tremendous series......but like all games there are areas that need attention. Some more than others.
Pickoffs and leads by base runners.....that's one that needs more work than others IMO right now. That "cat and mouse" game within a game just isn't there where it should be.
Some glitches....
But on a whole.....if you like baseball and say you don't even like this game or consider it terrible....than I don't think you'll ever be happy with a video baseball game.

M.K.
Knight165
Old 04-29-2015, 11:38 AM   #464
Rookie

Ranger Fan's Arena

OVR: 0

I just want to say that the patch did in fact fix the Pickoff attempts on MOM. I play exclusively on this mode and just the other day had a pitcher throw over to first on a pickoff play, so it does happen. The game has a few quirks, but all in all SCEA and Ramone are doing a heck of a job responding to our requests and striving to ensure this is the best sports game on the market

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »