Home

MLB 15 The Show OS Community Impressions

This is a discussion on MLB 15 The Show OS Community Impressions within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 04-12-2015, 03:05 PM   #473
Hall Of Fame

bcruise's Arena

OVR: 48
Re: MLB 15 The Show OS Community Impressions

Quote:
Originally Posted by RnRexpress3423
I don't know about you guys, but I let the catcher call the game. Unless I really disagree with the pitch selection, I let him call 95% of the game. I've been atrocious at hitting in this years version, but, I've been pitching pretty damn well. Hopefully my hitting picks up.

The show is awesome once again and I'm sure with a patch or two, it will go up and beyond what it has achieved already, greatness.
I enjoy doing this too, but I've found that it really only works well for me up to All-Star difficulty. On HOF, to pitch even close to effectively I feel like I have to decide my pitch strategy for myself - the AI's pattern recognition just gets too good and it WILL hit me hard if I just try to follow the API all the time.

This is one of the reasons I don't go up to HOF pitching, and I've found a nice sweet spot on All-Star + through Dynamic Difficulty.

Last edited by bcruise; 04-12-2015 at 03:11 PM.
Old 04-12-2015, 03:15 PM   #474
MVP

bronxbombers21325's Arena

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by RnRexpress3423
I don't know about you guys, but I let the catcher call the game. Unless I really disagree with the pitch selection, I let him call 95% of the game. I've been atrocious at hitting in this years version, but, I've been pitching pretty damn well. Hopefully my hitting picks up.

The show is awesome once again and I'm sure with a patch or two, it will go up and beyond what it has achieved already, greatness.
I tweaked the sliders for human contact and human timing and it seems to make hitting a bit easy. Not too easy, but realistic. I'm 3 games into my franchise and I have had one bad game and too good ones. So I'm enjoying pitching to this point.
New York Yankees, Pittsburgh Steelers, Kentucky Wildcats, #18 Kyle Busch, #4B Jackie Boggs, #0 Scott Bloomquist
Old 04-12-2015, 06:57 PM   #475
Rookie

OVR: 0

I keep running into bugs. My worst one is when I try to feed a card to my diamond dynasty player, the cards disappear as they should but I never get any boost to my player. The points just vanish.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-12-2015, 09:08 PM   #476
All Star

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by countryboy
I rarely take an extra step and I hardly see throw overs. Once in a while they will throw the ball over, but its on the low end. When I take an extra step, I get more throw overs, but again its not an over-abundance of throw overs.

LOL...you don't need to explain baseball to me, I'm vastly knowledgeable in the sport. I understand the advantages of a left handed pitcher vs a right handed pitcher when it comes to baserunning.

I never said a lot of righties are picking off runners. Your statement was that a runner should never ever get picked off by a righty. I suggested that you watch more baseball because there are times that a right handed pitcher with a good move to first will pick off a runner, especially if he takes a big lead, which you suggested is happening in your game. You take an extra step lead and you got picked by a right handed pitcher and you said that should never happen.

Ok maybe not never but very rarely should a right hander pick of a base runner and if you take like that one step lead it happens a lot and like I said I don't always take a extra step.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skyboxer
Wish that was true 2 days ago. Freaking Gardner...

?
Old 04-12-2015, 09:51 PM   #477
Then..Now...Forever

countryboy's Arena

OVR: 62

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smallville102001
Ok maybe not never but very rarely should a right hander pick of a base runner and if you take like that one step lead it happens a lot and like I said I don't always take a extra step.

I have yet to be picked off in this game. I actually think the pickoffs are better this year than they have been in a long time. Used to be if you threw over enough times one or two things was going to happen:

1) Ball sail into the stands
2) runner gets picked off

I've been in plenty of "cat and mouse" matchups with pitchers and runners this year without having to worry about throwing ball into stands as a pitcher or getting picked off as a runner.

I miss the old days of Operation Sports :(

Louisville Cardinals/St.Louis Cardinals
Old 04-12-2015, 10:17 PM   #478
Rookie

ChrisHansen59's Arena

OVR: 2

Once I played a few games in my franchise with some tweaked sliders instead of the default sliders that Diamond Dynasty has, I have been getting some good games in.

I'm also only seeing the issue with the pick-off attempts although I have yet to be picked off on the ones that there are.

I didn't mean to come in here and cause any kind of trouble.
Old 04-13-2015, 12:43 AM   #479
DJ
Hall Of Fame

DJ's Arena

OVR: 47

Clubbed a grand slam tonight and yet, only 3 runs counted. My runner at 1B stayed there after the HR. Boo! (I'm sure this has been reported already)
PGA Tour 2K23 (PS5)
Old 04-13-2015, 11:58 AM   #480
Banned

OVR: 7

This is the best baseball game and I'd say sports game I've ever played. I've been playing these games forever, and I usually pay more attention to NBA 2k and Madden, but the show all the little tweaks they did this year really move the game forward from a gameplay and presentation standpoint. It's that good. The gameplay is more fun this year. just the trajectories on fly balls etc and play in the field and at the plate with the amount of variety has made a nice step forward.

I appreciate that stuff because if I were to make a game I'd be a stickler for the little details and improving the game each time out and it appears their crew really does that. It's a step ahead of other sports games because of those little nice touches like the lighting and the modes are really fun this year with the added equipment and little tweaks. The entire game is that way really. So just to expound on my short review before. Great job!

NBA 2k has taken a backseat to the show for me tis year and is my choice for best sports game of the year if OS every does that. Let it be heard.

It's all about the gameplay tweaks and tweaks to the existing modes. I always felt like the show was a really fine game but lacked something in the fun factor department compared to 2k baseball in the past and this year seems to combine every possible combination. It's a great sim and really fun too. More accessible as far as the menu's and controls etc.. They seem to have found that good balance and combination where it's all here.

I think the show is typically a step ahead but something with baseball vs basketball and football hasn't had that same draw or fun factor in years past but this year does it for me. I hope they keep that edge every year and keep improving on it. It can't be easy.

Last edited by celtics6; 04-13-2015 at 12:29 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »