Home

MLB 15 The Show OS Community Impressions

This is a discussion on MLB 15 The Show OS Community Impressions within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 04-12-2015, 12:33 AM   #457
Pro

OVR: 24
Re: MLB 15 The Show OS Community Impressions

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisHansen59
Up 3-1 in the 9th, man on first and it should have been a game ending DP but again, my defense commits errors at crucial times and now there are two men on.

Next man up hits a 3 run homer to put the AI up 4-3. 4 games in a row now where circumstances like that have happened.

I think it might be time to put the game down for now until first patch.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Knight165
Was this today's Oakland-Seattle game?

M.K.
Knight165
Or maybe it was opening day's Mets-Nationals game.
Old 04-12-2015, 12:52 AM   #458
All Star

OVR: 0

Something really cool that I am surprised I haven't seen any one talk about is that when you use the resume feature you don't lose being able to look at the screen that shows things like first pitch, behind in the count, ect. In the past if you did a mid game save that stuff would go blank like you haven't played. This is big to me because when I play after the 3erd inning I tend to look at how the picture is pitching me and I try to make adjustment off that. So if I am not taking enough pitches I will try to take more starting in the 4th inning. If the CPU is throw a lot of fastballs early in the count I will try to look for that more. Same with pitching. If the CPU is being really aggressive and not taking many pitches I will try to take advantage of that by trying to get the CPU to chase more pitches. If I am throw a lot of fastballs in a certain count I will try to start mixing it up more by throwing more sliders or changeups ect. It takes me around 1.5-2 hours to play a game closer to 2 hours so being able to start games and being able to still see and make adjustments like this is great and also being able to save exhibition games is big to has I tend to play a lot of them before I start franchise so I can get my sliders and setting set to where I want them.
Old 04-12-2015, 01:02 AM   #459
Donny Baseball!

Skyboxer's Arena

OVR: 55

Regarding CPU pitchers not throwing over...
Verlander threw over a good amount of times yesterday when I played. And this was without any extra steps taken (I never take an extra lead) and a couple were at 2nd base also.

Not saying some people aren't seeing it and maybe it's a pitcher by pitcher basis..
I do have the pick off attempts on 6 or 7 I believe...

Anyways just saying I do see CPU attempt throw.

Skyboxer OS TWITCH
STEAM
PSN: Skyboxeros
SWITCH 8211-0709-4612
XBOX Skyboxer OS
Old 04-12-2015, 01:24 AM   #460
All Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skyboxer
Verlander threw over a good amount of times yesterday when I played. And this was without any extra steps taken (I never take an extra lead) and a couple were at 2nd base also.

Not saying some people aren't seeing it and maybe it's a pitcher by pitcher basis..

Wow I cant even imagine having it any where above 5.
Old 04-12-2015, 01:28 AM   #461
Hall Of Fame

bcruise's Arena

OVR: 48

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skyboxer

Yeah I can say I actually saw this today too, though not in an actual game situation. I was playing around in my own community challenge (really just testing stuff out, no intention of publishing anything), and the CPU threw over to 1st on Ben Revere with the default lead. I was so shocked that I immediately went to raise the pickoff slider to 10 to try to get it to happen again (it was on the default 5). Naturally, it didn't happen again.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-12-2015, 04:34 AM   #462
All Star

My hitting is get better know but man pitching in this game is way harder then before! In the past I have been AS pitching and kind of in the middle has default AS to easy but HOF to hard. While so far this year on DD and only at Rookie+ I am already have a hard time. Like half of my games I pitch while. I have played 8 games and had 2 shut outs and I think 2 another games where I gave up 3 or less but I have also had 4 games where I have giving up like 4 or more including a game where with bumgarner I gave up 7 runs in just 4 innings. Rookie+ pitching almost fells like HOF right now lol. Hopefully I can adjust after I play a few more games.
Old 04-12-2015, 04:45 AM   #463
Pro

Black59Razr's Arena

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by N51_rob
You should stream all these blow-ups. I would love to see it happen 4 and 5 times in a row.
Not trying to rub your face in, guy who lost 4 straight; I just love talking baseball. And you really have to know how to pitch in this year's game if you want to be effective. I started off on Hall of Fame level, expecting to move it to Legend in a couple weeks. Well, I got rocked so hard after the first dozen games, I had to move it down to All Star. Once down in All Star, I re-learned how to actually pitch. I am now ready to go up to Hall of Fame again. Here are a few things to think about that may help you out:

I guarantee all these blowups are pitches that landed in the center square. After every huge hit I give up, I look at the pitch location, and it's at least touching the center square over 80% of the time. This is a first for The Show. In games past, the CPU would actually crush some BS 3 run home runs. But this year, it's waaaaay more realistic.

What I would suggest to the guy who blew 4 straight late inning games to not be afraid of walks or a strike percentage under 60%. In years past, I would walk zero to one batter per game, have a strike rate of 70%, and throw 90 pitch complete games. This year, you can't play that cheese. You have to actually nibble. You actually have to walk guys. You actually have to work around certain hitters, look at the lineup and decide who you are going to attack. In years past, going 7 innings was cake. This year, I am super happy if my SP can get me 6. I usually have a strike rate of 55-60%. I think low 60s is high for real MLB.

Another thing you have to do, if you're blowing it in late innings, is realize that relief pitchers are the worst players on the field. Don't expect to pound the zone with them. You have to nibble; take less chances. You have to find the hot pitcher and roll with him. Be very mindful of every pitch a RP throws. If after 2-3 pitches, you see he's not hitting his spots, get another RP up and throwing, and be ready to make the move. Plus, don't give in. Let that RP walk him, then pull him. Your next RP, who may be a few OVR points less than the other guy, might get 6 straight outs. These clowns are very inconsistent. That's why they are in the bullpen.

Dang, sometimes I wonder if this game is getting too sim for it's own good. They may have to make an arcade setting to strip all this stuff out.

As for experiencing tons of errors, I feel the exact opposite. I jacked my fielding and throwing sliders almost to full blast, and I am now finally seeing an average of 1-2 errors per game.

Last edited by Black59Razr; 04-12-2015 at 04:50 AM.
Old 04-12-2015, 04:54 AM   #464
All Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Black59Razr
Not trying to rub your face in, guy who lost 4 straight; I just love talking baseball. And you really have to know how to pitch in this year's game if you want to be effective. I started off on Hall of Fame level, expecting to move it to Legend in a couple weeks. Well, I got rocked so hard after the first dozen games, I had to move it down to All Star. Once down in All Star, I re-learned how to actually pitch. I am now ready to go up to Hall of Fame again. Here are a few things to think about that may help you out:

I guarantee all these blowups are pitches that landed in the center square. After every huge hit I give up, I look at the pitch location, and it's at least touching the center square over 80% of the time. This is a first for The Show. In games past, the CPU would actually crush some BS 3 run home runs. But this year, it's waaaaay more realistic.

What I would suggest to the guy who blew 4 straight late inning games to not be afraid of walks or a strike percentage under 60%. In years past, I would walk zero to one batter per game, have a strike rate of 70%, and throw 90 pitch complete games. This year, you can't play that cheese. You have to actually nibble. You actually have to walk guys. You actually have to work around certain hitters, look at the lineup and decide who you are going to attack. In years past, going 7 innings was cake. This year, I am super happy if my SP can get me 6. I usually have a strike rate of 55-60%. I think low 60s is high for real MLB.

Another thing you have to do, if you're blowing it in late innings, is realize that relief pitchers are the worst players on the field. Don't expect to pound the zone with them. You have to nibble; take less chances. You have to find the hot pitcher and roll with him. Be very mindful of every pitch a RP throws. If after 2-3 pitches, you see he's not hitting his spots, get another RP up and throwing, and be ready to make the move. Plus, don't give in. Let that RP walk him, then pull him. Your next RP, who may be a few OVR points less than the other guy, might get 6 straight outs. These clowns are very inconsistent. That's why they are in the bullpen.

Dang, sometimes I wonder if this game is getting too sim for it's own good. They may have to make an arcade setting to strip all this stuff out.

As for experiencing tons of errors, I feel the exact opposite. I jacked my fielding and throwing sliders almost to full blast, and I am now finally seeing an average of 1-2 errors per game.

Yeah I agree blowing leads has never been a problem with the show. Wow I cant believe that you have put error sliders up. I have played like 9 games and between me and the user I have already seen like 20 errors and the last few games I have had the error slider at 3 or 4 or it might be even more then 20 in 9 games. Heck in 9 games I have already had like 4 drop fly balls and the CPU like 2 and you almost never see drop fly balls in real life. I may even have to put the error sliders at like 2.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »