Home

MLB 15 The Show OS Community Impressions

This is a discussion on MLB 15 The Show OS Community Impressions within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 04-11-2015, 09:08 PM   #449
Banned

OVR: 7
Re: MLB 15 The Show OS Community Impressions

I've only had the game for a couple days but have played it quite a bit since it's the weekend. I can't notice if there is a huge bump in graphics. I haven't played 14 in a while, but the game looks great. I noticed the lighting. The gameplay enhancements all seem good and it just plays a really good game of baseball. The menus and everything all seem to be improvements as well. Mainly just been having fun with exibition games so far and messing around with community challenge practicing my fielding. I haven't touched a slider or setting out of the box except changing to pure analog pitching, as i think that is the best one and had some really good games.

Best sports game around and really captures the sport better than anyone else. The player models look better this year although some weird anomolies and same with the gameplay in general. Hands looks weird on the some of the coaches and players like they are t-rex's but it's cool. It seems like an improvement though there seems to be more animations and everything that add to the sport which is a huge plus. Presentation all seems better with load times and some of the camera transitions are really nice this year. Crowds are more animated as well.

Still some framerate drops on transitions and foul balls which is disapointing. Also notice some weird animations and just herky jerkyness this year moreso than usual. I don't know if they got lazy or the game is that much more animated where its noticeable when it happens.

I have no issue with the commentary. That is the show to me. I can understand the whole trying to find better but isn't necessary better. They give the show it's personality and I like it.

Overall solid game and entry it seems like and everything just seems to come together and is mapped out that much better.

Graphics-9 overall
gameplay-9.5 overall-It's really good
Innovation- 7.5 overall-Maybe higher. I am a fan of gameplay tweaks and they seem to have done that although its difficult to tell sometimes.

So keep it simple. About an 8.5 overall. The Show is one of the more solid games around and that says alot because there are a few. It's one of Sony's better exclusive games and really captures the sport. Don't change that.

Last edited by celtics6; 04-11-2015 at 09:28 PM.
Old 04-11-2015, 09:32 PM   #450
Faceuary!

N51_rob's Arena

OVR: 54

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisHansen59
Up 3-1 in the 9th, man on first and it should have been a game ending DP but again, my defense commits errors at crucial times and now there are two men on.

Next man up hits a 3 run homer to put the AI up 4-3. 4 games in a row now where circumstances like that have happened.

I think it might be time to put the game down for now until first patch.
You should stream all these blow-ups. I would love to see it happen 4 and 5 times in a row.

Twitch

Finally Access to Coaches Tape! Coaches Film Analysis

2 Minute Warning PS4 Madden 18 Franchise
Washington Redskins (0-0) Last Game: N/A
Year 1:
Old 04-11-2015, 09:36 PM   #451
#Ace

Speedy's Arena

OVR: 27

Quote:
Originally Posted by N51_rob
You should stream all these blow-ups. I would love to see it happen 4 and 5 times in a row.
I would like to see this as well.

If you are using the same tactics throughout the game to get out jams, the AI is certainly going to figure out your tendencies and change accordingly. Time to mix it up!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-11-2015, 09:40 PM   #452
Rookie

ChrisHansen59's Arena

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by N51_rob
I'd rather not have a certain subset of posters here tell me that I'm playing the game wrong or to "git gud".
Old 04-11-2015, 09:47 PM   #453
#Ace

Speedy's Arena

OVR: 27

Quote:
I'd rather not have a certain subset of posters here tell me that I'm playing the game wrong or to "git gud".
Baseball is a thinking man's game...each play is usually preceded by a flurry of actions that in one way/another caused the most recent.

As an example, I played a game the other day where I already elicited 2 DPs by throwing sliders low/away...I get in a jam again in the 7th with my SP and up by one 1 and I try the same thing -- this time the CPU draws a walk. In the same vein, if I struck out Stanton on high FBs the previous 3 ABs, it's foolish for me to think it's an absolute that he'll strikeout again on his 4th AB.
Old 04-11-2015, 10:21 PM   #454
Donny Baseball!

Skyboxer's Arena

OVR: 55

Quote:
The bulk of OS posters wouldn't do that. Yes some would but the point is if these blow ups are avoidable and some input can help then that's what is being asked.

I have lost leads, came back on the CPU etc... the whole enchilada..
I don't really see an issue of the CPU always getting breaks etc.. to give them the game.

Anyways just saying most would honestly try and see what the issue is...

Have fun man.

Skyboxer OS TWITCH
STEAM
PSN: Skyboxeros
SWITCH 8211-0709-4612
XBOX Skyboxer OS
Old 04-11-2015, 10:25 PM   #455
Hall Of Fame

bcruise's Arena

OVR: 48

Quote:
And this is why nothing will ever change.

Can we maybe go back to impressions rather than this topic that's going to get another thread locked?

Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-12-2015, 12:29 AM   #456
All Star

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bullit
Im just saying I dont see it. Played two games this morning, stole 4 bases with no pick off attempts what so ever.

I find that very hard to believe because like 90% of the time I lead off at all the CPU we throw over. I even had the CPU throw over like 4 0r 5 times in a row before and have even had the CPU throw over when I don't take a lead. At the same time I have heard people talking about how the CPU will try to squeeze bunt a lot of times and I have never seen that once in all the years I have played this game since 08 lol. What do you have the pick off slider set at? I have already put in down to 4 may go even lower. I also hate that a lot of times if you take one step lead and the CPU throws over you get picked off even if the pitcher is right handed. You should never ever get picked off by a righty.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »