Home

MLB 15 The Show OS Community Impressions

This is a discussion on MLB 15 The Show OS Community Impressions within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 04-10-2015, 10:55 PM   #433
Rookie

ChrisHansen59's Arena

OVR: 2
Re: MLB 15 The Show OS Community Impressions

Quote:
Originally Posted by slthree
I play on All Star and I don't see things I would call "cheese".

I swear, I think more ppl should video tape full games, or at least the end of their games, so we could analyze them.

Then, we could verify the supposed CPU cheating or give constructive feedback on how the CPU comeback could have been avoided.

Lastly, we should understand that comebacks do happen. Even elite closers give games away from time to time. And, while upsetting to the gamer, it is possible for a Punch and Judy hitter to get a hold of one when we think he shouldn't have.

I'm not making light of peoples misfortunes late in games, but I personally love how hard it is to hold a lead. Watch Baseball Tonight or the MLB network highlights and you'll see virtually the exact same things happening every day in major league ballparks across America.

I've played about 40 or 50 full games and I haven't seen 3 HR's on 3 straight pitches yet. Not that it didn't happen to the poster who described it, but I don't think it's the norm.
I understand that comebacks happen and "that's baseball" but not when it happens almost every other game.

I'm just going to stick to Rookie where these things don't happen.
Old 04-10-2015, 11:53 PM   #434
Pro

Arrowhead21's Arena

OVR: 1

Something hilarious just happened.

Playing vs the CPU in a fantasy drafted season mode game.

I'm up to bat. Buxton walks. Then Harrison walks. Next batter is Victor Martinez, he cranks a home run but mysteriously only gets 2 RBI on the play. Buxton and Martinez scored, but for some reason, Harrison remained standing at first base for the next better, who was Jose Bautista. Bautista proceeds to hit a home run and gets 2 RBI. I'm laughing out loud at what just happened here. Bautista steals an RBI from Martinez. I watched the replay of Victors HR and Harrison just stands between 1st and 2nd watching the ball soar over the wall instead of running home.

what the.....
NBA:Toronto Raptors
MLB:Toronto Blue Jays
NCAAF:Oregon Ducks
NCAAB:Kansas Jayhawks
Old 04-11-2015, 12:18 AM   #435
MVP

Heroesandvillains's Arena

OVR: 27

Oh wow. I just hit a bottom of the 13th walk off grand slam in the 5th game of my Padres Franchise with Yonder Alonso to beat SF 7-3.

Been playing this game for forever and can't say I've ever done that before.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-11-2015, 12:33 AM   #436
Banned

NYGiants4Natic's Arena

OVR: 1

Am just about to delete this game and be done with it unless SCEA patches the horrible game breaking bug of 2 strike throw out at first base

It has happens various times since game came out and is pissing me off

https://youtu.be/OPBZ8KmL5HY
Old 04-11-2015, 12:36 AM   #437
Hall Of Fame

bcruise's Arena

OVR: 48

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYGiants4Natic
Am just about to delete this game and be done with it unless SCEA patches the horrible game breaking bug of 2 strike throw out at first base

It has happens various times since game came out and is pissing me off

https://youtu.be/OPBZ8KmL5HY
Um...okay?

It's the fifth-highest upvoted issue on the Bug report site and the devs posted a comment that they're working on the fix.

http://theshownation.com/bug_reports/10039
Old 04-11-2015, 04:29 AM   #438
All Star

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skyboxer
Pretty much. Also the comment that the pitchers pound the strike zone ..I don't see at all.
With the right settings you'll get really nice pitch stats. I've been able to get more walks this year that any year before and I've given up more walks than I care to admit lol.
Franchise mode for me has been awesome for me and pretty easy setup menu wise.

Rob they are switching vs me. Tex and McCann always have the shift on vs them...

EDIT: Do want to add about 3B. Thought maybe my 3B just needed improved. Seeing Machado is the same then yeah a few get by that I thought should have been caught/fielded.
Maybe a tweak is needed there by a patch ??

Yeah I don't see pounding the strike zone either this year. In the past big time but already just on rookie DD I am already seeing like as many walks and 1-0 and 2-0 counts as I did in the past with sliders down to make the CPU throw more balls and on all star. Being only on DD rookie to once I get it up to like all star it can only get better.
Old 04-11-2015, 08:11 AM   #439
Bacon is Better

Bullit's Arena

OVR: 17

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arrowhead21
I'm not saying that it's hard to steal, I'm just saying that the only time the CPU ever steps off the mound or attempts a pickoff is when Ive pressed the steal button. Oh, and this doesn't apply to RTTS. If my player is on base in RTTS I see pickoff attempts all the time when no runners are moving.
Im just saying I dont see it. Played two games this morning, stole 4 bases with no pick off attempts what so ever.

My heart and soul hurt for your lost presence in my life.
Old 04-11-2015, 09:35 AM   #440
Titans Era has begun.

HealyMonster's Arena

OVR: 31

Quote:
Originally Posted by dalger21
I don't understand the AI in this game....My RttS player is with the RedSox now. We are running away with the division..up by 20 1/2 games on July 31. The AI GM trades Tajuan Walker for a couple of prospects. The AI previously traded away Tyler Skaggs for a Brian Ka. So now we have a reliever in the rotation because the AI is screwed up when it comes to trades. I don't get it...frustrating.
Yeah Im on RTTS and am a power 1B for the Mets, year 2 Im the starter, they sign Miguel Cabrera in free agency, and he's the MLB Backup 1B. He's rated 99, just sitting on the bench. It stinks because we now have horrible relief pitching so every game is seemingly lost in the late innings, I'm trying to have a winning record but the cpu is making stupid roster moves and trades.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »