Home

MLB 15 The Show OS Community Impressions

This is a discussion on MLB 15 The Show OS Community Impressions within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 04-10-2015, 03:10 PM   #417
MVP

slthree's Arena

OVR: 15
Re: MLB 15 The Show OS Community Impressions

I have seen defensive shifts by the CPU numerous times.

I've seen it when using Ortiz and I've seen it more times than I can count when my batter is a threat to bunt.

Maybe some won't count that as a shift, the bunt defense with the corners in.

But, putting the shortstop over 2nd base for Ortiz is definitely a shift.

For the poster who hasn't seen shifts, would u consider playing with Boston to see if the CPU defense shifts for him?

I don't know enough about the Orioles to know if teams, in real life, shift for. Chris Davis. I know they do for Papi
Old 04-10-2015, 04:13 PM   #418
Rookie

OVR: 3

I play with quick counts. I realize this is not for everyone, but I definitely end up with realistic walk counts. Last game I played I had 7!

I should also mention that, as someone who really doesn't have all that much time to devote to video games anymore, quick counts have been a GODSEND. It's easily my favorite sports game innovation of the last... I don't know how long. You guys allow me to actually enjoy my favorite game in the limited time I have. That means so much to me.
Old 04-10-2015, 04:24 PM   #419
ND

NDAlum's Arena

OVR: 29

Quick counts are absolutely phenomenal to me. It enhances the game to a point I could never go to the old standard.

Atlanta Braves Fantasy Draft Franchise | Google Docs History
NL East Champs 5x | WS Champion 1x (2020)
Old 04-10-2015, 04:53 PM   #420
Rookie

OVR: 5

I find it interesting reading some reviews and user board impressions talking about how the MLB The Show series has gotten “long in the tooth”, and how the game has gotten a bit “stale” or even “boring” because the developers have become somewhat risk averse to trying new ways to improve on it.

And I guess that’s the predicament for SCE San Diego. After years of building the game into whatmost would agree is the best and most complete sports video game on the market,they’re tasked with continually finding ways to not only improve enough things for consumers to justify an annual purchase but, more importantly, to NOT break what works when implementing those changes.

I’ve been an exclusive X360/XBOne guy until recently, when I finally decided I didn’t want to go another year without virtual baseball and added a PS4 to my console library, primarily to play this game. While my only choice was MLB2K until its death a couple years ago, I always looked over the fence at the MLB The Show reviews, videos, and screenshots with envy. Not anymore. This game does A LOT right. A lot. Sure, there are areas that could use somework (read: commentary). But it sure is beautiful to look at and a blast to play.>

Last edited by bartolet7; 04-10-2015 at 04:55 PM.
Old 04-10-2015, 05:17 PM   #421
DJ
Hall Of Fame

DJ's Arena

OVR: 47

Love, love, love Quick Counts. Glad they've been tweaked from last year, too. More 1-1 counts now. Still seeing 3-2 counts, but not as frequent as last year.

Default sliders and using Dynamic Difficulty (on All-Star for hitting and pitching with the slider at 2) and I've drawn 18 walks in the first four games of my Mets franchise and conversely, I've issued 12 walks. This looks like it'll be the year I don't lead the league in fewest walks issued and its not like I'm intentionally trying to walk batters, either.

I've seen a good number of bloop hits so far. Very nice. Also have seen several long fly balls get over the head of the CPU outfielders. That's a huge addition.

I wish we could see where foul balls go (would be helpful to know if a ball was just foul or way into the seats) and that we could see batter walk-ups for ALL players, even after a replay.

Glad I paired down my gaming library a bit before buying this game because I'm going to be playing this (and NBA 2K15) for a LONG time.
PGA Tour 2K23 (PS5)
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-10-2015, 05:41 PM   #422
Rookie

rob37641's Arena

OVR: 0

Awesome game!
Old 04-10-2015, 07:41 PM   #423
#realtalk

dalger21's Arena

OVR: 7

I don't understand the AI in this game....My RttS player is with the RedSox now. We are running away with the division..up by 20 1/2 games on July 31. The AI GM trades Tajuan Walker for a couple of prospects. The AI previously traded away Tyler Skaggs for a Brian Ka. So now we have a reliever in the rotation because the AI is screwed up when it comes to trades. I don't get it...frustrating.
Old 04-10-2015, 08:11 PM   #424
Pro

Arrowhead21's Arena

OVR: 1

They need to get rid of the CPU cheesing. The only time the CPU pitcher ever steps off the mound to try to catch a baserunner is... guess what... when you've pressed the steal button. big shocker there. if you try to steal, expect a pickoff attempt, but otherwise, there will be no pickoff attempts. makes zero sense.
NBA:Toronto Raptors
MLB:Toronto Blue Jays
NCAAF:Oregon Ducks
NCAAB:Kansas Jayhawks

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »