Home

MLB 15 The Show OS Community Impressions

This is a discussion on MLB 15 The Show OS Community Impressions within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 04-08-2015, 07:11 PM   #393
DJ
Hall Of Fame

DJ's Arena

OVR: 47
Re: MLB 15 The Show OS Community Impressions

Quote:
Originally Posted by N51_rob
Don't know if its a server thing or not, but today it took me 4:30 from hitting the option button to log into the game, the time before that I got a CE error.

I had the same thing happen to me just now. Was able to play, but the menus took several minutes to load and input response was laggy.
PGA Tour 2K23 (PS5)
Old 04-09-2015, 02:20 AM   #394
Member of Rush Nation

CujoMatty's Arena

OVR: 4

I just read the ign review. I agree with it and most other reviews game is good a solid 8 or 8.5 but not too different from 14.
Something that I'm sick of reading about though and it was mentioned in the ign review is about the crowd. While I agree that the crowd looks great and honestly the best out there articles always mention the variety and how they have to really look to see duplicate people. Again I agree but the actual scenes that matter are the close up cut scenes. As good looking as Ramone and the other devs are the novelty of seeing them at the begining of every game and every place ever has worn out with me. These devs are awesome and I mean zero disrespect but I wish they would capitalize on the randomness of the crowd.
Old 04-09-2015, 03:13 AM   #395
Rookie

ChrisHansen59's Arena

OVR: 2

The same problem that has always existed in this series on the higher difficulties remains here; if you dare take a lead, they're going to take every ball and hit anything and everything no matter where you put it or how you mix up your pitches
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-09-2015, 03:22 AM   #396
Member of Rush Nation

CujoMatty's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisHansen59
The same problem that has always existed in this series on the higher difficulties remains here; if you dare take a lead, they're going to take every ball and hit anything and everything no matter where you put it or how you mix up your pitches
I use to think that too and if I'm being honest every once and a while I still feel like I'm being cheated. Ive read a bunch of the threads and taken others advice and it rarely happens to me anymore and realistically it does happen in real life. Look at the jays game tonight. 2 hit batters and a wild pitch followed by a lucky hit and bam. Game over.
i think it's human nature to feel like we're being cheated when things don't go our way. If I had a dollar for every time I said "this game cheats" while growing up I'd be rich. Not trying to diminish your opinion just my thoughts.
Old 04-09-2015, 06:58 AM   #397
Member of Rush Nation

CujoMatty's Arena

Decided to continue my rtts from last year. I could not get into it last year for the life of me. I've now been playing it for 3 hours and am really enjoying it. I figured out why I like it so much better this year. The load times plain and simple. Not waiting 5 minutes to play for 3 makes such a difference.
Old 04-09-2015, 10:56 AM   #398
Rookie

OVR: 0

My impressions of 15? I'm just so glad I still have 14 and Pro Yakyuu Spirits so I can enjoy baseball-games. Never ever buying the show again if pure analog hitting isn't taken back like its supposed to be.

Last edited by thomeklund; 04-09-2015 at 10:58 AM.
Old 04-09-2015, 11:04 AM   #399
Bacon is Better

Bullit's Arena

OVR: 17

I usually don't even post in the impression threads for the same reason I don't read or post in the Bugs threads. I want to form my own opinion and see for myself what a games is like for the good and the bad.

But this year I found myself to be in a unique situation with this game that I have never been in before. So I thought I would share my impressions for the first time. I am quite sure I will be blasted as I have seen the change in The Show side of the forums for years now.

The gameplay in this game, overall is the best it has ever been. The fielding speeds are what I have always wanted. Pitching and hitting are harder this year that they have been since '12 and it is a joy to work the count and get my pitch. The graphics and lighting have really stepped up the game and the parks are absolutely breath taking. The new licensed equipment is cool to see in the game, while I personally don't care it is a nice addition.

However all is not right in Camelot. The online component of this game has never been good, ever. So the decision to tie the new cards, rewards, stamps etc to the servers seems to be a really bad one. I, among others, have not received stamps or cards since last week sometime, if at all. Today I struggled in both Franchise and RTTS load times as the system would spend anywhere from 10 seconds to 2 minutes looking for a server to award a card at every screen. I personally don't, have not and will not play online so I don't care about those features at all. But when they affect the single player experience it just gets to be too much.

This isn't about bugs and glitches. I get that these things happen with games nowadays. I mean it is pretty much a given in this day and age that a game doesn't work as advertised on release day and I am sure this trend will continue in the future. This is about the first time I have been disappointed in The Show. The decisions with this game this year have worsened the single player experience for me. I try to have faith that everything will get patched and fixed this year but I can honestly say that for the first time in 10 years, next year this will not be a day one pickup.

My heart and soul hurt for your lost presence in my life.

Last edited by Bullit; 04-09-2015 at 12:36 PM.
Old 04-09-2015, 01:21 PM   #400
*ll St*r

Knight165's Arena

OVR: 56

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisHansen59
Well...I better go back and replay the Mets-Nats game I pitched on Legend and beat them 11-1.
Maybe the comeback code took that game off on a coaches suggestion.

M.K.
Knight165

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »