Home

MLB 15 The Show OS Community Impressions

This is a discussion on MLB 15 The Show OS Community Impressions within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 04-07-2015, 09:47 PM   #377
Then..Now...Forever

countryboy's Arena

OVR: 62
Re: MLB 15 The Show OS Community Impressions

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skyboxer
Great post Country. I'm soooo ready to get back into my franchise (1st series vs the Redsox on deck ).
Just this last night I hope then a couple daysree to play. If only the feeling I get from playing The Show was spread to other games as well..
And with a few tidbits of info out next years version I'm already excited to grab it lol
I hear you Sky. Wish that I could lock myself away for a week and do nothing but play the Show!

And you're excited to grab next year's game? I'm already putting out feelers to see if I can score an early copy! lol

I miss the old days of Operation Sports :(

Louisville Cardinals/St.Louis Cardinals
Old 04-07-2015, 10:01 PM   #378
Rookie

OVR: 0

Like the game. Here are my impressions:

1. Gameplay: pros are that its the Show and it keeps getting better. Cons are its not changing a whole lot.
2. Presentation: pros are the split screen shots. Cons are the commentary.
3. Graphics: pros are the lighting. Cons are the FRAMERATE ain't close to 60 fps. Not even 30 fps in some parts.
Old 04-07-2015, 10:18 PM   #379
Marvel's Finest

JBH3's Arena

OVR: 48

Quote:
Originally Posted by tetoleetd
because video games are to be played to have fun.... not to get invisible trophies that nobody but you cares about.
Who says unlocking trophies are not fun?? Thanks for your input though...
Old 04-07-2015, 11:03 PM   #380
Pro

ajblithe20's Arena

OVR: 2

I've played a ton, no sense in trying to keep count. Once again, The Show is phenomenal. Not only the best sports game out there, but my favorite game on Playstation.

Pretty much everything they've touched feels/looks better. I also agree with just about every praise this team has been given by people in this thread.

Two things I have noticed with gameplay that I'm not crazy about. I feel like I've been experiencing too many errors. It seems like a lot more than it used to be, and the Orioles are my main team. Their defense is pretty good in The Show. The other thing is that the past few days almost all of my games have been 1-0, 2-0, 2-1 kind of games. No matter what difficulty I use batting or pitching. It may just be a weird streak, so I'm not going to worry about those things yet (and I haven't touched sliders). I'll just keep an eye on it. Still the most fun I've had with a video game on PS4

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 04-07-2015, 11:11 PM   #381
All Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajblithe20
I've played a ton, no sense in trying to keep count. Once again, The Show is phenomenal. Not only the best sports game out there, but my favorite game on Playstation.

Pretty much everything they've touched feels/looks better. I also agree with just about every praise this team has been given by people in this thread.

Two things I have noticed with gameplay that I'm not crazy about. I feel like I've been experiencing too many errors. It seems like a lot more than it used to be, and the Orioles are my main team. Their defense is pretty good in The Show. The other thing is that the past few days almost all of my games have been 1-0, 2-0, 2-1 kind of games. No matter what difficulty I use batting or pitching. It may just be a weird streak, so I'm not going to worry about those things yet (and I haven't touched sliders). I'll just keep an eye on it. Still the most fun I've had with a video game on PS4

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yeah I think errors may be to high on default but I have only played like 4 games but in those 4 games I have like 6 already and the CPU has like 2 and I have already seen 2 drop fly balls and you don't see drop fall balls that often in real life.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-08-2015, 12:44 AM   #382
Pro

ajblithe20's Arena

OVR: 2

Also forget to mention that CPU manager decisions to replace pitchers seems a little bit off to me. I've been noticing, at least lately, that CPU managers pull their starters out maybe a little early. The bigger problem is I've noticed relievers staying in way too long. A few instances a manager left his reliever in there for 30+ pitches over 2 plus innings. And he left him in after a hit and walk one time, with two pitchers in the opponents bullpen ready and waiting.

Still, these issues are pretty minor considering all of the great things about this game. I'm just wondering if anyone else is seeing this too
Old 04-08-2015, 01:00 AM   #383
All Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajblithe20
Also forget to mention that CPU manager decisions to replace pitchers seems a little bit off to me. I've been noticing, at least lately, that CPU managers pull their starters out maybe a little early. The bigger problem is I've noticed relievers staying in way too long. A few instances a manager left his reliever in there for 30+ pitches over 2 plus innings. And he left him in after a hit and walk one time, with two pitchers in the opponents bullpen ready and waiting.

Still, these issues are pretty minor considering all of the great things about this game. I'm just wondering if anyone else is seeing this too

I think the CPU may let there starts in to long not to early and I think the same thing with the relievers. In the past starter stamina needed to be at like 8 this year I think 6 is good and in the past reliever stamina need to be lower and I think that needs to happened again. I also think the manager hock may need to go up 1 or down 1. I forget do you lower the manager hock to get the CPU to pull pitchers sooner or do you up it?
Old 04-08-2015, 02:17 AM   #384
MVP

THESHAMISASHAME's Arena

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by JBH3
Who says unlocking trophies are not fun?? Thanks for your input though...
Trophies are fun and I always Platinum The Show within a week Though the last one may take a while because Im not buying those stub things .

More impressions so I basically only play in Post Season mode but I notice all games start at night pitch dark so thats kinda odd and disappointing so I decide to do a Season mode sim to Post Season and like magic I have day and even night games with sunsets and its wonderful lightening again and even the presentation seems more lively and less generic like in Post Season mode ?

Now Im playing with A&S sliders and I have to say it again how gameplay unfolds is freaky scary as it so realistic looking and feeling !

I mean the cutoffs , positioning , the logic , the ball physics this game has been tweaked to near perfection gameplay wise and thats almost right out of the box and nothing has looked off to me .

Just so many little subtle things SCEA got right and even down to slow guys lumber down the line properly and fielding animations are much improved though Catching still is unresponsive at times .

Cant wait to get the Highlight reel back soon and a updated roster

Last edited by THESHAMISASHAME; 04-08-2015 at 02:21 AM. Reason: spelling

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »