Home

MLB 15 The Show OS Community Impressions

This is a discussion on MLB 15 The Show OS Community Impressions within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 04-07-2015, 05:34 PM   #369
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: MLB 15 The Show OS Community Impressions

Quick question: my game isn't playing at full screen. I know if previous games there were ways to adjust it. I can't find the adjustments this year. Anyone know where they are?
Old 04-07-2015, 05:51 PM   #370
MVP

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Russell_SCEA
That's on my design list for 16
Just make sure you guys leave player lock as an option for those like me who happen to like it
Old 04-07-2015, 06:45 PM   #371
MVP

tetoleetd's Arena

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by JBH3
I am a prospective buyer for a PS4...I think the achievement/trophy list leaves a lot to be desired. Why no trophy geared towards dynasty/franchise play?? Everything seems geared to on-field actions.
because video games are to be played to have fun.... not to get invisible trophies that nobody but you cares about.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-07-2015, 07:22 PM   #372
MVP

bad_philanthropy's Arena

OVR: 24

Attendance in RttS and Franchise is consistently well done in this series.

Played a July weekday afternoon game at Coors and the Rockies have the worst record in baseball. Crowd was ~6000.

I hope the devs never get pressured by teams to change this like how Madden had to when Jacksonville protested about the depiction of their attendance when losing.
Old 04-07-2015, 08:34 PM   #373
Hall Of Fame

LowerWolf's Arena

OVR: 19

Quote:
Originally Posted by ATLiott
Quick question: my game isn't playing at full screen. I know if previous games there were ways to adjust it. I can't find the adjustments this year. Anyone know where they are?
In your PS4 settings, under Sound and Screen (I think) there's a Display Area settings where you can expand the screen.
Old 04-07-2015, 08:39 PM   #374
Donny Baseball!

Skyboxer's Arena

OVR: 55

Quote:
Originally Posted by merchie89
Fielding errors too common
Haven't had this issue at all. You adjust sliders?

Skyboxer OS TWITCH
STEAM
PSN: Skyboxeros
SWITCH 8211-0709-4612
XBOX Skyboxer OS
Old 04-07-2015, 08:55 PM   #375
Then..Now...Forever

countryboy's Arena

OVR: 62

After over 50 games of MLB '15 all I can say is WOW! The game still has moments that have my jaw dropping like a teenage adolescent looking at an adult magazine for the first time.

For lack of a better, lengthier description, and to really hit the nail on the head to drive home my opinion, this game is baseball. From pitching to hitting to fielding to the crowd, to the atmosphere in late game situations to the chess match of managing the game. MLB '15 The Show is baseball.

I find myself so engrossed in this game at times that I truly lose all sense of reality and time. As my wife would say, she could walk through the basement wearing nothing but a Cardinals hat and I wouldn't even notice. Yes I'm that glued to this game. (BTW I would notice and dared her to test her theory )

The game captures its sport better, imo of course, than any other sports game that I have played. I have been involved in games that are nail-biters, blow outs, offensive shootouts, and pitching gems. I find myself standing up on long fly balls begging for them to clear the fence, pumping my fist with a key strikeout, and screaming at my players as if they can hear me, or even care. I find myself trying to decide roster moves with injuries, what to do with struggling players, and how to get someone more at-bats. The game is baseball.

Granted there are things that I would like to see improved and things that I would like them to add. But at the end of the day the good far outweighs the bad in this game. I mentioned before earlier that I didn't believe that people would really appreciate the improvements in this game until they have their hands on it. And I find that to be true as of today, with the game being a week old. I still see new things every session that I play. Heck this evening, I had a play where Wong had the ball hit the heel of his glove, pop up, and he caught it and fired out the runner at first, all in a poetic motion.

MLB '15 The Show is what us sports gamers want out of their sports games. No bells, no whistles, no tricks, no back of the box features that will generate sales. Just be true to your sport. Nothing more and nothing less, and the fans will flock to your game. And that is what the Show and this dev team does.

MLB '15 The Show is baseball.

I miss the old days of Operation Sports :(

Louisville Cardinals/St.Louis Cardinals

Last edited by countryboy; 04-07-2015 at 09:05 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-07-2015, 09:45 PM   #376
Donny Baseball!

Skyboxer's Arena

OVR: 55

Great post Country. I'm soooo ready to get back into my franchise (1st series vs the Redsox on deck ).
Just this last night I hope then a couple daysree to play. If only the feeling I get from playing The Show was spread to other games as well..
And with a few tidbits of info out next years version I'm already excited to grab it lol

Skyboxer OS TWITCH
STEAM
PSN: Skyboxeros
SWITCH 8211-0709-4612
XBOX Skyboxer OS

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »