Home

MLB 15 The Show OS Community Impressions

This is a discussion on MLB 15 The Show OS Community Impressions within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 04-06-2015, 07:03 PM   #361
Marvel's Finest

JBH3's Arena

OVR: 48
Re: MLB 15 The Show OS Community Impressions

I am a prospective buyer for a PS4...I think the achievement/trophy list leaves a lot to be desired. Why no trophy geared towards dynasty/franchise play?? Everything seems geared to on-field actions.

Last edited by JBH3; 04-06-2015 at 08:46 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-07-2015, 11:35 AM   #362
Faceuary!

N51_rob's Arena

OVR: 54

Just wanted to point out incase anyone from the MLB team sees this. The show live, isnt updating pitchers correctly. Several of the games for today, (tuesday april 7th) have the pitchers that pitched yesterday as the starters and same for Wednesday's games.

Twitch

Finally Access to Coaches Tape! Coaches Film Analysis

2 Minute Warning PS4 Madden 18 Franchise
Washington Redskins (0-0) Last Game: N/A
Year 1:
Old 04-07-2015, 12:10 PM   #363
MVP

OVR: 3

The true testament of how 'good' a game is....is when you get more interested in following the actual sport because of it...I would simply wait till the postseason...or even the World Series before I actually started to watch games...

But now, because of The Show...I took in some Opening Day action! Now if only I could press 'X' to speed the game up a little, then THAT would be cool! LOL!

And let me just say....that is just from my experience with MLB 14....LOL!

I'm trying to hold off on 15, but with all the positive reviews, etc...I don't think I can!
Old 04-07-2015, 01:15 PM   #364
Pro

ryanmc564's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sco291

This all makes me think of one of the videos the presentation and stadium streams the devs put out about a week or 2 before release. I forget which stadium it was for, but they had zoomed in waaaay far into one of the backdrop high rise buildings and continued to zoom all the way into one of the windows and showed how they added paintings on the wall. Something that no fan of this game would ever see and something that does not contribute in any way to the visual immersion for the player . I was actually annoyed by this and it's the kind of thing that is unacceptable to me as a buyer.

I didn't catch that part of the stream, but after hearing about it the first time, this kind of annoyed me too, for the simple fact that there are thing that are still wrong in the stadiums themselves that just googling a recent picture of the stadium will obviously show what they have wrong.(best example I can think of at this time is the Ford truck frontend sign in left center field @ Busch, its not even there anymore and hasn't been since the ball park village was opened last year, but it still sitting there in the game. but yet they can add small minuet details into a room in a building in the back ground that no one will see because we cant even zoom the camera in that far. that does seem a bit ridiculous and pointless.

I always enjoy playing the show and its always a yearly purchase for me. but I can totally understand how things like you mention above can make some of us question, why?
Old 04-07-2015, 02:47 PM   #365
Rookie

leinhart_6's Arena

Been playing it for awhile now and I notice that there are way too many complete games thrown around the league. In my first two starts with Sonny Gray I've already thrown 2. Not that I'm complaining but it's very noticeable. Anyone else seeing this?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-07-2015, 03:42 PM   #366
Rookie

Maybe it is just me, but the one thing I noticed was that it seems like almost everyone is in the final year of their contract in my franchise. Some players like Yelich have the correct contract length, but it seems like too many people are in the final year of their contract as soon as you start a franchise. I fell like will need to resign my entire starting lineup after one season.
Old 04-07-2015, 03:44 PM   #367
Rookie

Fielding errors too common
Old 04-07-2015, 03:45 PM   #368
Game Designer

tabarnes19_SDS's Arena

OVR: 30

Quote:
Originally Posted by fakeusername 2
Maybe it is just me, but the one thing I noticed was that it seems like almost everyone is in the final year of their contract in my franchise. Some players like Yelich have the correct contract length, but it seems like too many people are in the final year of their contract as soon as you start a franchise. I fell like will need to resign my entire starting lineup after one season.
They are correct. Most players in mlb are pre-arbitration or arbitration meaning they are year to year 1 year deals. They are still under team control though.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »