Home

NBA 2K15: Fixing Broken Shot Forms Exposes Flaw in Shooting System

This is a discussion on NBA 2K15: Fixing Broken Shot Forms Exposes Flaw in Shooting System within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 03-27-2015, 01:45 AM   #113
MVP

OVR: 13
Re: NBA 2K15: Fixing Broken Shot Forms Exposes Flaw in Shooting System

Quote:
Originally Posted by The 24th Letter
Anyone drop a video of the high amount of green releases yet? I remember there were plenty about the 'broken releases'...

If guys are really hitting at a 9/10 clip I think getting a video out there may push 2k to put out a hotfix
Yeah good idea!
Old 03-27-2015, 05:30 AM   #114
Just started!

OVR: 0

I always thought 2k overfavored the random luck of the draw vs the skill of the person shooting. However I think green releases are a completely argument.
Old 03-27-2015, 07:35 AM   #115
Pro

Decided to give the post-Patch 2K a chance on straight up Superstar/Simulation and Real Player %. I'm not a fan of the new shooting, but never played a full game (12 minute quarters). I did Nets vs Hornets, and I (Nets) lost 99-98. Realistic percentages, point in the paint was low (the defense is much better, no sliding). It was a good game. One more NBA Today game before I play MyLeague again.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-27-2015, 09:28 AM   #116
MVP

stillfeelme's Arena

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by The 24th Letter
Anyone drop a video of the high amount of green releases yet? I remember there were plenty about the 'broken releases'...

If guys are really hitting at a 9/10 clip I think getting a video out there may push 2k to put out a hotfix
Also to add to this the difficulty level and game mode Myplayer, Park Myteam, MyLeague.

I see it like this if you are playing myCareer you only have to master one release. If you were playing with a "glitched" release before you will see the dramatic difference once it is fixed. Imagine how easy it would be to shoot all game with just mastering a green release. That is why the green perfect release 100% success doesn't make sense. Depending on which mode you play effects the users differently and skill level.

User vs. CPU quick games, MyLeague or similar you have to master 5+ jump shot releases, so harder to do. I think the highest I ever received on perfect totaled for the team I had was like 10 in 12min. That was using the Mav's pre patch pre Rondo trade. I have come close to that with the Spurs. This is all on SS/sim

Dirk, Monta, Parsons, Jameer, Harris, Jefferson were all glitch free since the game came out.
Old 03-27-2015, 09:59 AM   #117
Fear is the Unknown

jeebs9's Arena

OVR: 34

The thing I hate the most is how people think if it turns green before "it should go in" (Which I hate!!). When you release a perfect shot in real life. Its not always going in.
Old 03-27-2015, 12:47 PM   #118
Rookie

This opened shot percentage raise adds a lot more difficulty when you plan HoF in my MC. Opposing team scores all the time cause teammates defend really poorly.
Old 03-27-2015, 01:28 PM   #119
MVP

erickonasis's Arena

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeebs9
The thing I hate the most is how people think if it turns green before "it should go in" (Which I hate!!). When you release a perfect shot in real life. Its not always going in.
Might as well not even have it in the game then. And from what i remember you use real fg % so it wouldnt make a diff fir you anyways
Old 03-27-2015, 02:42 PM   #120
All Star

ksuttonjr76's Arena

Big picture, it sounds like they overcompensated for the players that had broken shot forms. Instead of addressing the individual forms, they did a global increase to how easy it was to get a green release and open shot success.

Players who were unusable became usable (Chris Copeland), while players who were already usable became Godlike.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »