Home

NBA 2K15: Fixing Broken Shot Forms Exposes Flaw in Shooting System

This is a discussion on NBA 2K15: Fixing Broken Shot Forms Exposes Flaw in Shooting System within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 03-26-2015, 11:41 AM   #89
Fear is the Unknown

jeebs9's Arena

OVR: 34
Re: NBA 2K15: Fixing Broken Shot Forms Exposes Flaw in Shooting System

I know one thing... 2k regrets the day they put in the whole green visual system at the bottom of players. This thing has caused more problems and threads than I've ever seen.

I still use the visual of the wrist for timing all my shots. And I've been really happy with the results. I think the way it was before was better (before the post).
Old 03-26-2015, 01:49 PM   #90
Hall of Fame

Coach2K's Arena

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by ItsJustaGame
Despite what some users have said, it's ridiculously easy to get green releases more than 75% of the time online. I've been saying this for a while now too.. You don't even have to be a great shooter or have your timing down-pat. All that matters is that you have a little space, and shoot the "right" way.

And also, this is stretching a little, but 3-pointers and mid-range are almost identical when it comes to timing and green releases, at least in the Rec center and especially in the corners.

I can't say that it isn't fun to go out and score a ton of points all the time, but when anyone can do it anytime--that's a big problem, and that's why I'm not down with the online shooting mechanics. Since the last 2 patches, every other game there will be at least one team scoring over 100 easy in the rec, unless the teams don't know how to shoot or move the ball around.

If you play in the rec, do people use a my player and get to choose the release they want?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

To watch a fictional MyLeague expansion series with more than 90 episodes click here.

Subscribe to Coach2K's YouTube channel by clicking here.

Visit Coach2K.com for my latest articles.
Old 03-26-2015, 03:08 PM   #91
MVP

OVR: 0

Is the patch worth downloading? I am strictly offline player (MyLeague and recently MyPlayer) and play on Superstar/SimWorld sliders. I put it on hold because of mass dissatisfaction..but realized most of those complaints are online players. How are offline players feeling about the patch?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-26-2015, 03:45 PM   #92
Pro

zrohman's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by 8KB24
Is the patch worth downloading? I am strictly offline player (MyLeague and recently MyPlayer) and play on Superstar/SimWorld sliders. I put it on hold because of mass dissatisfaction..but realized most of those complaints are online players. How are offline players feeling about the patch?
Most complaints I read are from offline players
Old 03-26-2015, 04:15 PM   #93
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by zrohman
Most complaints I read are from offline players
Which are easily fixable (changing sliders/lowering shooting ones). What other changes do people notice? I read they fixed the animation after turbo when driving, many MyCareer stuff and progression. If the only thing that's 'wrong' is shooting...I will download it.
Old 03-26-2015, 04:47 PM   #94
Rookie

JRxPHANTOM's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by 8KB24
Which are easily fixable (changing sliders/lowering shooting ones). What other changes do people notice? I read they fixed the animation after turbo when driving, many MyCareer stuff and progression. If the only thing that's 'wrong' is shooting...I will download it.
Go ahead, find out yourself. Sliders do not fix the issue 100% because of the perfect releases. The shooting is broken. I really love the other things that they added to this patch, and the only thing i've ever complained about in this game was regression. Now that that's fixed, there's yet another huge problem that isn't fixable 100% and ruins the realism in the games.

Last edited by JRxPHANTOM; 03-26-2015 at 04:50 PM.
Old 03-26-2015, 04:49 PM   #95
MVP

OVR: 19
the more I play the more I realize that the stats are starting to fall in line. 3pt% for user and cpu have been declining. 3 pt% is still a tad bit high.
not an issue now. the defense is very responsive. seeing some nice animations on fouls. Fouling a player from behind when going up for a layup etc. nice defensive recovery animations. .
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-26-2015, 04:53 PM   #96
MVP

Thanks to both of you. Download is small, thanks Steam <3

Will try it tomorrow because my dad is clogging the download speed with his work.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »