Home

NBA 2K15 Patch #4 Available Now, Primarily Addresses Shoe Issues

This is a discussion on NBA 2K15 Patch #4 Available Now, Primarily Addresses Shoe Issues within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 03-18-2015, 11:16 AM   #393
DJ
Hall Of Fame

DJ's Arena

OVR: 47
Re: NBA 2K15 Patch #4 Available Now, Primarily Addresses Shoe Issues

Played a game in my Hornets MyLeague last night and shooting percentages for me and the CPU (Bucks) were in the mid- to high-40's. Didn't notice anything that stood out as different from when I had last played the game.
PGA Tour 2K23 (PS5)
Old 03-18-2015, 11:23 AM   #394
Rookie

JRxPHANTOM's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJ
Played a game in my Hornets MyLeague last night and shooting percentages for me and the CPU (Bucks) were in the mid- to high-40's. Didn't notice anything that stood out as different from when I had last played the game.
Interesting. I noticed something was up in the first quarter of my first game post patch. I also had the assumption that they didn't mess with gameplay, but that soon changed once I played.
Old 03-18-2015, 11:57 AM   #395
MVP

OVR: 19

Quote:
Originally Posted by BroMontana82
How much does each tick up or down on the slider change your baseline numbers? Is it even possible to give a number? Jut trying to gauge how much to change initially and go from there...

Wide open = 45%
Fully Contested = 35%
Heavily Contested = 10%

Post-patch, that same shooter is now:
Wide open = 60%
Fully Contested = 20%
Heavily Contested = 10%
Id just adjust my close, lay up and midrange by 15% and see what happens. those are what Beluba said he touched.

wide open increase by 15%
fully contested decreases by 15%

example: close and layup is at 40 Id do 40 * .15 = 6 so Id reduce those sliders by 2 each and see what happens. close -2, layup -2, midrange -2,
or try reducing each value by 6 and see what happens.

only downside is you might wind up shooting in the 30% range cause the contested shots would probably really dip lower.

the way the values were adjusted means that you really have to work for a wide open shots to get good results. at least that was the intention

Last edited by tril; 03-18-2015 at 12:00 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-18-2015, 12:06 PM   #396
Just started!

I am surprised they released another patch for 2K15. I am just hoping it doesn't affect the shoe workaround or messes up anything else.
Old 03-18-2015, 12:57 PM   #397
Pro

mrsaito's Arena

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by apollooff320
That's what I'm doing but i'll likely not update at all so I don't get more frustrated with the game.
Sorry new PS4 owner here. How do you "not update"? I have tried a few config options in my PS4 system menu but I still seem to get all the content updates for any games that I have installed even without running them.
Old 03-18-2015, 01:14 PM   #398
Banned

I like the patch...but it would be nice if 2K could eliminate some of the CRUTCHES that exist in the game.

One is obviously TURBO. It's beyond overpowered and despite the changes on offense and defense with the patch, it's still incredibly difficult to defend someone who just cheeses with a "zig zag" strategy or what I like to call the "sideways turbo" method. These dudes just turbo directly SIDEWAYS as soon as they catch the ball. The defense doesn't react to it, even if you're playing manual on-ball and KNOW it's coming...the TURBO is too much.

With how easy it is now to make shots...this is an easy way to create space without actually doing anything you would EVER see on an NBA court. Guys don't catch the basketball and instantly sprint as fast as they can towards the sideline. Unrealistic movements like this need to be punished.

The offensive AI needs a tweak too. I'm talking about how my offensive players react when they don't have the ball. It's getting old watching a guy stand still...and then decide to backpedal or fade away from the ball as soon as I hit the PASS button to throw him a pass. It's also getting old watching a big man backpedal or float from the strong side block to the weak side block when he's wide open under the hoop on the block.
Old 03-18-2015, 01:40 PM   #399
Rookie

ricardo.13's Arena

OVR: 1

2K needs to reward people that "think the game" and not turbo player.
When i face a guy that know how to control the ball, do different moves and most important and rare thing: PLAY IN THE PAINT i dont care if a lost a game. Why people dont like to choose Memphis and Pistons? Because most players dont like to play in the paint. Why dont play in the paint? Because 2K dont give any reward to play like that.
Yesterday i was playing online with Spurs and Duncan did 19pts and 7 reb(best in this match), if was a turbo player would be: Duncan 2pts, Parker 40pts, Green 30pts.

Last edited by ricardo.13; 03-18-2015 at 02:03 PM.
Old 03-18-2015, 01:53 PM   #400
Banned

apollooff320's Arena

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by zrohman
I think the offline crowd is absolutely crazy. All sliders need tweaks after patches. Stop complaining. Your supposed to tweak sliders after every patch.

They didn't adjust shooting for 3 pointers, only inside the arc, and the only benefit of the shooting is if your left wide open.

I agree that most of the gameplay complaints were minor and they shouldn't have tweaked it quite as hard. But again, they did a pretty great job from what I'm hearing.

On top of all that they fixed the big regression issue, and they took out a ton of animations that were ruining the game.

Those two things alone sound great. Even if it's slightly too easy now, all online players should be happy. It's a level playing field so no big deal. And offline players can tweak sliders.

So most importantly, they fixed issues.

The Xbox One thing is the thing to complain about here. Still no patch. No surprise. Let's hope it doesn't literally take a FULL MONTH like it did last time. There was no excuse. 2k has done a GREAT JOB supporting their game, but the lies and lack of communication regarding the patch was just terrible. I hope we don't forget that. They didn't have to lie about it being in Microsoft's hands the whole time, clearly it had to have gotten sent back, Microsoft has never made us wait a full month longer for a patch that I can remember.
did you know most casual players and even a lot of ppl that buy this game yearly don't even touch sliders? I know I didn't until I actually found this website. These changes could piss off a lot of ppl that are playing now. Game should play some what realistic out of the box and stay that way.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrsaito
Sorry new PS4 owner here. How do you "not update"? I have tried a few config options in my PS4 system menu but I still seem to get all the content updates for any games that I have installed even without running them.
Wouldn't know since I have the game on PC.

Last edited by apollooff320; 03-18-2015 at 01:58 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »