Home

NBA 2K15 Patch #4 Available Now, Primarily Addresses Shoe Issues

This is a discussion on NBA 2K15 Patch #4 Available Now, Primarily Addresses Shoe Issues within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 03-17-2015, 11:02 PM   #377
All Star

Smirkin Dirk's Arena

OVR: 6
Re: NBA 2K15 Patch #4 Available Now, Primarily Addresses Shoe Issues

Im sure its too late in 2K16's development, but giving users the choice to use which patches they like for offline would be a help. My offline sliders are perfect, and I wont be updating based on what Ive heard.

But it would be a good design choice to allow users which patch to use offline.

Im not claiming this is a major inconvienence though, just an observation.
Old 03-17-2015, 11:14 PM   #378
Rookie

JRxPHANTOM's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hot Kidd
Im sure its too late in 2K16's development, but giving users the choice to use which patches they like for offline would be a help. My offline sliders are perfect, and I wont be updating based on what Ive heard.

But it would be a good design choice to allow users which patch to use offline.

Im not claiming this is a major inconvienence though, just an observation.
Well if you're a MyLeague player, this patch is a must. Other than that, I'm disappointed with this patch.
Old 03-17-2015, 11:50 PM   #379
Rookie

OVR: 4

As others have said, I'd recommend everyone try HOF/Sim settings with Real FG%. I was really frustrated with Superstar settings and the high shooting % but HOF seems pretty good. I've never tried HOF but it doesn't seem too difficult or CPU overpowered.
Old 03-18-2015, 12:05 AM   #380
Pro

zrohman's Arena

I think the offline crowd is absolutely crazy. All sliders need tweaks after patches. Stop complaining. Your supposed to tweak sliders after every patch.

They didn't adjust shooting for 3 pointers, only inside the arc, and the only benefit of the shooting is if your left wide open.

I agree that most of the gameplay complaints were minor and they shouldn't have tweaked it quite as hard. But again, they did a pretty great job from what I'm hearing.

On top of all that they fixed the big regression issue, and they took out a ton of animations that were ruining the game.

Those two things alone sound great. Even if it's slightly too easy now, all online players should be happy. It's a level playing field so no big deal. And offline players can tweak sliders.

So most importantly, they fixed issues.

The Xbox One thing is the thing to complain about here. Still no patch. No surprise. Let's hope it doesn't literally take a FULL MONTH like it did last time. There was no excuse. 2k has done a GREAT JOB supporting their game, but the lies and lack of communication regarding the patch was just terrible. I hope we don't forget that. They didn't have to lie about it being in Microsoft's hands the whole time, clearly it had to have gotten sent back, Microsoft has never made us wait a full month longer for a patch that I can remember.
Old 03-18-2015, 03:57 AM   #381
Rookie

Regarding shooting has anyone tried the other sliders related to shooting? Like jumpshot defense gather/release, defensive consistency, and defensive awareness? U have to change those values as well not just mid range success, haven't had a chance to do my tweaks yet but I would think all those play a part in the percentages
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-18-2015, 05:54 AM   #382
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by JRxPHANTOM
You really can't make any. I'm pretty sure sliders don't affect perfect shot releases. I got nothing against the adding % of open shots, but to make perfect shot releases easily and a lot more common, it ruins shot timing.
I noticed that. In practice I had the slider at 25 and I was still making jumpers. I am using Real Player % now
Old 03-18-2015, 07:30 AM   #383
MVP

DIESEL's Arena

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by schmo20
As others have said, I'd recommend everyone try HOF/Sim settings with Real FG%. I was really frustrated with Superstar settings and the high shooting % but HOF seems pretty good. I've never tried HOF but it doesn't seem too difficult or CPU overpowered.
HOF sim with real FG% is what I have been using against the CPU and I'm loving it post patch. For those that have never used real fg% , you do still have to time the release properly to make shots so there is still some user input needed to be successful. I never used user timing but I'm guessing with real fg% the players ratings are more heavily weighed vs the user's skill so you should not be able to hit 3's with Deandre Jordan because you have his release down.

For those complaining about the high fg% I would give it a shot.
Old 03-18-2015, 07:40 AM   #384
MVP

nova91's Arena

OVR: 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by alabamarob
In my league its not. Guys are still shooting sub 40 from 3 and sub 50 from the field when opponent is playing decent defense. Poor defenders will get torched and great defenders will lock down but i think average or decent defensive players should be able to keep people below 40 from three on hof sim online.

The gap between good users and poor ones is even greater. The shot glitches were a crutch to bad defense.
This ×100. A lot of people that were playing "good" defense were just relying on the fact that a lot of players had jacked up shots.

Now that has been remedied they're seeing flaws in their defensive abilities, but instead of fixing them, they complain about the patch. No more packing the paint knowing that your opponent is going to struggle from 3 with certain players because their shot is wonky.

If the shooting is too easy, adjust your sliders, if you can't adjust sliders then adjust your difficulty.

It really is that simple. MC players, I'm sorry, you have to choose between the game being a challenge or your teammates being dumb as a box of rocks.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S5 using tapatalk

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »