Home

NBA 2K15 Patch #4 Available Now, Primarily Addresses Shoe Issues

This is a discussion on NBA 2K15 Patch #4 Available Now, Primarily Addresses Shoe Issues within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 03-16-2015, 02:53 AM   #289
All Star

Smirkin Dirk's Arena

OVR: 6
Re: NBA 2K15 Patch #4 Available Now, Primarily Addresses Shoe Issues

As in XB1 user, I wont be up******. Ive got my sliders perfect. Ive got about 30 games + playoffs of my season to go then wrapping up my time with the game.
Old 03-16-2015, 03:10 AM   #290
All Star

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leftos
As an FYI, any and all progression/regression tuning only applies to new saves started after installing Patch #4.

So has any one tried to see if this is really fixed? I figure the regression thing wouldn't be fixed this year and I haven't gotten to far in MYLEAUGE yet so if this is really fixed I will restart has this was a big big problem before the patch.
Old 03-16-2015, 06:17 AM   #291
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smallville102001
So has any one tried to see if this is really fixed? I figure the regression thing wouldn't be fixed this year and I haven't gotten to far in MYLEAUGE yet so if this is really fixed I will restart has this was a big big problem before the patch.
This is all I wanna know, I can fix the shooting myself with the sliders. If regression was addressed SUCCESSFULLY then this patch is a huge success in my book. When I get some free time I'll Sim a few years if nobody else posts a confirmation, or patch notes come.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-16-2015, 08:11 AM   #292
MVP

nova91's Arena

OVR: 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by The 24th Letter
Wasn't the game 'awful' for you before the patch though?, and before that patch as well?

I play primarily offline. Patch is ok.

I really liked the game pre patch and didn't really have many issues . Seems like my defenders are doing odd slides out of position now....which was a peeve of mine in prior 2k games that I hadn't seen this year so that's a bummer. I'll have to get some more games in though.

Am I the only one that feels the default setting plays a better game then the simulation setting?
What mode are you playing? I was seeing this a bit while playing MC, but I wasn't seeing it much when playing MyGM. Hopefully it didn't worsen it in MC.

Quote:
Originally Posted by capitolrf
My opinion on Patch 4, it basically made you more accountable.

Offensively - Shot timing has been fixed, all shooting forms are now able to get green releases. You are now rewarded for running plays & getting good looks at the rim. So if you're playing an opponent User or CPU and defensive breakdowns occur, you can make them pay. I don't think shooting is easier, just that the defense have to make adjustment that they wasn't making prior to the patch.

Defensively - You now have to play legit defense. No packing the paint, because jumpers were rarely going in. Now you have to pick your poison on what your willing to give up. You now have to defend all aspects of the game or the offense will make you pay.

Game Play - The game runs smoother, most of the unnecessary animations have been removed ( the auto hesi dribble, that happens during P&R or Iso). The game seems faster because you are no longer sucked into an animation which you can't break, there are a few still in the game.

Preference - I mainly play online H2H, HOF/Sim 12m quarters (sometimes Park/Rec) & offline (Quick Game, MyCareer) HOF/Sim. I don't play the other modes because of the difficulty level and I assume it can definitely be a cheese fest playing on a lower setting which it makes it even easier to time shots. Which is why the Park/Rec can seem unreal now with 99 Ovr. running around with all 70+ badges.

My last 2 online league games I'm the Wizards (C2K League - HOF/Sim 12m quarters)

Hornets preferred to protect the paint & let me live on the arc. While Rockets played all around solid defense. All Patch 4 did was make you more accountable for you actions.
This is all good to hear.
Old 03-16-2015, 08:39 AM   #293
Banned

After being worried and frustrated right after the patch...I now believe it is BEAUTIFUL.

I love it. The game plays better than it ever has before. Most importantly, it plays like NBA players do in real life. No longer do I have to be frustrated with NBA players playing like JV stiffs or D3 backups. NBA players make shots...they get paid millions of dollars because of it.

Players also MOVE more like NBA players do. I threw Pistol Pete in my lineup for the first time in awhile in MyTeam - and it was a blast to play with him. I felt like I was watching the real Pistol Pete (RIP).

Yes...it IS easier to make shots. But it's also much easier to play defense...I'm seeing some really cool things on defense. Help defenders stepping up and actually helping, defenders keeping ball handlers in front of them, tipped passes, dribblers bowling into traffic losing the ball, and even forcing AIRBALLS with aggressive shot contests as the shot clock runs down. It's really rewarding to play great D and then watch a shooter air ball a contested J.

Because of this I'm starting to see animations and plays play out that I NEVER saw before the patch.

It feels like most of those who DISLIKE the patch are offline players. No offense, but if you're playing offline and shooting is too easy now, there is a simple fix for that - play at a higher difficulty level or adjust the sliders.

You'll keep all the crazy control you have over your players...and a slider bump will make shooting a little harder for you.

Maybe the BEST part of the patch though is the much improved CPU AI. Teams and players play soooooo much more like their real-life counterparts.

I played the Grizz earlier and they fed Z-Bo and Marc early on...and Mike Conley looked to take over more later in the game after being mostly a facilitator early on. James Harden is ultra-aggressive and will light you up if you don't have a plan to defend him.

I know the AI is much improved when after the CPU scores a basket I find myself saying "Nice pass" or "Good shot" because they are making realistic plays you would see watching the NBA on TV.

Before the patch, it was the opposite. I'd find myself saying "WTF?!" after most CPU baskets because the action felt broken and choreographed or pre-determined.

I almost can't believe its the same game. Props to 2K for releasing the patch...they could have held this back for 2K16 and blown people's socks off with it. This really feels like a step in the right direction...especially for online. Online play has never been this fun.
Old 03-16-2015, 09:02 AM   #294
MVP

DBMcGee3's Arena

OVR: 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by coached17
After being worried and frustrated right after the patch...I now believe it is BEAUTIFUL.

I love it. The game plays better than it ever has before. Most importantly, it plays like NBA players do in real life. No longer do I have to be frustrated with NBA players playing like JV stiffs or D3 backups. NBA players make shots...they get paid millions of dollars because of it.

Players also MOVE more like NBA players do. I threw Pistol Pete in my lineup for the first time in awhile in MyTeam - and it was a blast to play with him. I felt like I was watching the real Pistol Pete (RIP).

Yes...it IS easier to make shots. But it's also much easier to play defense...I'm seeing some really cool things on defense. Help defenders stepping up and actually helping, defenders keeping ball handlers in front of them, tipped passes, dribblers bowling into traffic losing the ball, and even forcing AIRBALLS with aggressive shot contests as the shot clock runs down. It's really rewarding to play great D and then watch a shooter air ball a contested J.

Because of this I'm starting to see animations and plays play out that I NEVER saw before the patch.

It feels like most of those who DISLIKE the patch are offline players. No offense, but if you're playing offline and shooting is too easy now, there is a simple fix for that - play at a higher difficulty level or adjust the sliders.

You'll keep all the crazy control you have over your players...and a slider bump will make shooting a little harder for you.

Maybe the BEST part of the patch though is the much improved CPU AI. Teams and players play soooooo much more like their real-life counterparts.

I played the Grizz earlier and they fed Z-Bo and Marc early on...and Mike Conley looked to take over more later in the game after being mostly a facilitator early on. James Harden is ultra-aggressive and will light you up if you don't have a plan to defend him.

I know the AI is much improved when after the CPU scores a basket I find myself saying "Nice pass" or "Good shot" because they are making realistic plays you would see watching the NBA on TV.

Before the patch, it was the opposite. I'd find myself saying "WTF?!" after most CPU baskets because the action felt broken and choreographed or pre-determined.

I almost can't believe its the same game. Props to 2K for releasing the patch...they could have held this back for 2K16 and blown people's socks off with it. This really feels like a step in the right direction...especially for online. Online play has never been this fun.
Wow, this is quite an endorsement. I had gotten a little bored with the game, but your comments have inspired me to try it again this evening. Kudos sir.
Old 03-16-2015, 09:28 AM   #295
ERA

The 24th Letter's Arena

OVR: 38

@nova91 I play mostly quick games, but also MyGM and MyTeam.

Superstar\Sim just doesn't feel right to me right now, can't put my finger on it....Superstar\Default honestly feels a lot better, That's where I've had my best games post patch....It's weird. I'll have to get some more games in.

I'll tell you one thing, I had my 5th annual 2k tourney this weekend and the HOF user vs. user matches were great! Probably the best one yet.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-16-2015, 09:39 AM   #296
Rookie

ItsJustaGame's Arena

Coached17 is absolutely right, and the part about those playing offline and claiming that the shooting is too easy have no argument is right on point, because there is a ridiculously easy fix for for that (plus it's offline, sooo, you know, not that big a deal anyway...).
Coffee_RoCK
The Next Level
PS4

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »