Home

MLB 15 The Show Livestream - Franchise Improvements, Inside the Radio Show & More

This is a discussion on MLB 15 The Show Livestream - Franchise Improvements, Inside the Radio Show & More within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 02-27-2015, 01:01 PM   #225
Resident film pundit

Blzer's Arena

OVR: 55
Re: MLB 15 The Show Livestream - Franchise Improvements, Inside the Radio Show & More

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsbmolina
With as good as the game looks it's odd that the sky is pitch black at night with not one star in sight. How about we get that fixed. Beautiful clouds during the day but nothing happening in the sky at night.
Ambient light. This is also why city backdrops don't look as lit up as well.

Also, I like how they have narrowed the field of view. Now the pitcher looks more "on top of" the batter. I always wanted this in the custom camera options to change that (much like we can in replay). Although that's probably not an option there, at least it's closer now so the effect is still essentially what I'm looking for!
Samsung PN60F8500 PDP / Anthem MRX 720 / Klipsch RC-62 II / Klipsch RF-82 II (x2) / Insignia NS-B2111 (x2) / SVS PC13-Ultra / SVS SB-2000 / Sony MDR-7506 Professional / Audio-Technica ATH-R70x / Sony PS3 & PS4 / DirecTV HR44-500 / DarbeeVision DVP-5000 / Panamax M5400-PM / Elgato HD60
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-27-2015, 01:10 PM   #226
Pro

RLebron12's Arena

OVR: 1
Re: MLB 15 The Show Livestream - Franchise Improvements, Inside the Radio Show & More

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shakedowncapo
MLB 14'

MLB 15'

Is that camera angle the default or catcher angle? Definitely want to use what ever camera angle that is. Looks way better!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
“Baseball is a game, yes. It is also a business. But what is most truly is is disguised combat. For all its gentility, its almost leisurely pace, baseball is violence under wraps.” -Willie Mays (The Say Hey Kid)
Old 02-27-2015, 01:21 PM   #227
MVP

decga's Arena

OVR: 12

I am just replaying the stream from last night. The one thing that stands out for me when Ramone in first segment talks about the year to year save implemented into 15'. That they opened up a couple of packs, so that you can add some equipment brands to your players. That is nice touch that SCEA are doing for us. Good looking...

My question is, if you buy the 10th anniversary you will have more packs of equipment brands that you can add to your carried over franchise players?
Old 02-27-2015, 01:26 PM   #228
MVP

HypoLuxa13's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by eric7064
Tbh at first glance it looks as if ratings as a whole have been dropped a bit this year. Obviously I haven't seen all teams but it seems there were less 90'S. More 80's and alot more 70s. Could be wrong though.
I noticed that too in what we could see in the teams and rosters they scrolled through in the feed. A LOT more MLB calibur players in the 70's for sure. And a lot more prospects in the 30s and 40's than previous years games. It seems like before, a LOT of prospects often were in the 50's and low 60's to start out. Hopefully this adds to the balance of the gameplay, and also is balanced out in player progression.

It would stink if all the 30's and 40's rated 18 year old kids were only 50's and 60's by the time they were in their mid 20's. As long as progression represents potential pretty well, it should work fine. Where if an A potential prospect starts as a 45 rated 18 year old. They develop 6-8 points per year so they can make their MLB debut at around 22 or 23 years old possibly. Rather than 27 or 28 years old, which is usually unrealistic except for borderline role player guys.
Old 02-27-2015, 01:31 PM   #229
Pro

ryanmc564's Arena

I just notice, how much better the wear on the mound looks, looks great.
Old 02-27-2015, 01:34 PM   #230
MVP

bronxbombers21325's Arena

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by decga
I am just replaying the stream from last night. The one thing that stands out for me when Ramone in first segment talks about the year to year save implemented into 15'. That they opened up a couple of packs, so that you can add some equipment brands to your players. That is nice touch that SCEA are doing for us. Good looking...

My question is, if you buy the 10th anniversary you will have more packs of equipment brands that you can add to your carried over franchise players?
Are the equipment brands already available to edit rosters with when you first start up the game, or do they have to be unlocked?
New York Yankees, Pittsburgh Steelers, Kentucky Wildcats, #18 Kyle Busch, #4B Jackie Boggs, #0 Scott Bloomquist
Old 02-27-2015, 01:41 PM   #231
MVP

og236's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by bronxbombers21325
Are the equipment brands already available to edit rosters with when you first start up the game, or do they have to be unlocked?

I believe they're all available to start when editing rosters

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-27-2015, 01:44 PM   #232
MVP

BrianU's Arena

OVR: 2

I wanted to comment on the livecast from last night. I have been guilty of being very hard on the team about the finite points of gameplay and franchise but I must say, the live stream they put on is truly amazing. For a game that has no competition the developers giving us so much access like this is top class. I can't praise them enough.

The best part of the live streams are getting to hear the developers mentality and thought process. The way Luis described how he adjusted the trade logic to more 1 on 1 trades due to following the real life MLB trade news, same thing with minor league contracts, it all shows how much effort these guys put into the game and give it their best. Knowing Luis and the rest of the devs rely so much on real life data to make decisions such as trade frequency and logic makes me confident of the direction they are heading.

I was fortunate and thankful I got two of my questions asked. One was about if custom rosters worked with the radio show, which they said yes because the names called out are the ones assigned in the player editor, and my other question about how budgets adjust year to year in franchise. Luis mentioned it's tied to team performance with bonuses for post season as well as data from real life on how teams really set their budgets. On this matter it sounds for the most part things work as they did last year, I was hoping to here about some improvements as far as more drastic differences between low market and big market teams. Last year I found and others found that there was too much difference between teams as you would expect. I feel this is an area that could improve but I will give it a fair shake this year and make a post about what I find so we can discuss if it is indeed representative of real life.

I'm loving the subtle and major changes to the development of the game. The fact that they continue to refine the control schemes, increase the control over fielders, so many great things that really add up to making purchasing another The Show a no brainer. I definitely feel you get your moneys worth unlike some sports games where it is basically a roster update.

With all the love in the air I will say I am mildly disappointed that we still have lackluster stat tracking. For all the effort they put into franchise this is such a glaring omission. I understand there are prioritys but to me this is a basic fundamental that needs to be there. I did read they are aware and will work in it for next year, so I am not too salty. I will also say the player equipment looks amazing. Although I am on PS3 for one more year and won't see it in-game it really looks excellent.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »