Home

MLB 15 The Show Livestream - Franchise Improvements, Inside the Radio Show & More

This is a discussion on MLB 15 The Show Livestream - Franchise Improvements, Inside the Radio Show & More within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 02-27-2015, 07:24 AM   #169
Rookie

CubsWillRiseAgain's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: MLB 15 The Show Livestream - Franchise Improvements, Inside the Radio Show & More

Question:
Will the Cubs in franchise mode finally have a big budget? In MLB 14 it made it seem like the Cubs had a small market payroll and capacity. I hope the Cubs' budget is more realistic this year
Old 02-27-2015, 07:39 AM   #170
MVP

MrOldboy's Arena

Re: MLB 15 The Show Livestream - Franchise Improvements, Inside the Radio Show & More

Quote:
Originally Posted by CubsWillRiseAgain
Question:
Will the Cubs in franchise mode finally have a big budget? In MLB 14 it made it seem like the Cubs had a small market payroll and capacity. I hope the Cubs' budget is more realistic this year
It seemed like from the stream that the initial budget would be calculated from the roster's salary going in. Maybe why Detroit had a higher budget than the Dodgers for example during the stream since they salary in game is calculated based on service time, ratings, etc and not actual real life contracts.

So if the Cubs have a low payroll going into franchise mode compared to other teams, they're budget might also be relatively small.

My question is if it works this way there must be a failsafe in place to stop people from editing their team to 1 year 30M contracts to get a huge budget, then just resigning them the next year for a normal price while retaining the huge budget.

Since we can edit the contracts now the budgets should reflect what teams actually have in real life since it is actually based on their spending going into 2015.
Old 02-27-2015, 07:43 AM   #171
Rookie

CubsWillRiseAgain's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrOldboy
It seemed like from the stream that the initial budget would be calculated from the roster's salary going in. Maybe why Detroit had a higher budget than the Dodgers for example during the stream since they salary in game is calculated based on service time, ratings, etc and not actual real life contracts.

So if the Cubs have a low payroll going into franchise mode compared to other teams, they're budget might also be relatively small.

My question is if it works this way there must be a failsafe in place to stop people from editing their team to 1 year 30M contracts to get a huge budget, then just resigning them the next year for a normal price while retaining the huge budget.

Since we can edit the contracts now the budgets should reflect what teams actually have in real life since it is actually based on their spending going into 2015.
That's sort of crummy. The Cubs dont have a huge payroll, only because the lineup is filled with cheap talent. The MLBTS budgets should be based on market size, where the money actuallh comes from
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-27-2015, 08:02 AM   #172
Bacon is Better

Bullit's Arena

OVR: 17

So here is a question. If we carry over our franchise will we get to choose if we want manager contracts on or will it just default to on with it being our first year of a 3 year contract?

I want to run two franchises. One my forever franchise and one with manager contracts on. I would love to carry over my franchise but I want to take advantage of manager contracts on one but not the other.

My heart and soul hurt for your lost presence in my life.
Old 02-27-2015, 08:03 AM   #173
The Lama

Armor and Sword's Arena

The contract guide was also a pleasant addition. I know some will view it as a crutch....but it at least gives you a starting point.

I also find it funny (well a little funny) that we have all been clamoring for immersion inside the franchise hub, they put together a radio show which if you listened to the team stated will not be the same thing all the time. They were pretty clear on the fact it will not only give scores but talk about league leaders, team signings (off-season), injuries, standings etc. But I am already seeing posts of....oh I can see this will be repetitive and I will shut it off etc.

Really? How does anyone know anything yet. We have not played the game and experienced all of it yet. And over time...of course it will sound the same. Just like any presentation element.

Thank god they put this in. We finally will have a pulse on the league while we look at stat's, look for trades, set lineups, look at our minor league system etc. It is a great start and I think it will be a lot better than a few people think.

But I never judge a game until I have it in my hands to play and feel for myself. I can already see all the new animations, the smoothness of the game, the new pitching trajectories.

There is a lot that has been improved and this game is going to visually explode off the screen this year on top of the game physics that to my eye's have been greatly enhanced. The tracks that outfielders are taking to hit ball's look better, the cutoffs look awesome. I can see the new tagging system and how that will be a big improvement.

So much to look forward to!
NHL23 - Panthers YR1
Star Wars Outlaws

Follow me on Twitch
https://www.twitch.tv/armorandsword
Old 02-27-2015, 08:24 AM   #174
MVP

Shakedowncapo's Arena

OVR: 18

MLB 14'

MLB 15'

Old 02-27-2015, 09:11 AM   #175
MVP

I agree Armor! If you really think about it, the radio show will be different every time, because every day is a whole new scoreboard! Plus all the other stuff we haven't heard yet!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-27-2015, 09:16 AM   #176
Rookie

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by HozAndMoose
I guarantee the people that make the OSFM rosters will make sure all players have the correct contracts.

Yes but how will this affect budgets?

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »