Home

Which MLB Team is the Most Intriguing to Play As This Year? (Roundtable)

This is a discussion on Which MLB Team is the Most Intriguing to Play As This Year? (Roundtable) within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 02-24-2015, 01:13 PM   #89
Pro

RLebron12's Arena

OVR: 1
Re: Which MLB Team is the Most Intriguing to Play As This Year? (Roundtable)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghost Of The Year
I'm sure those 3 World Series Championships since the 2002 WS Game 7 has gone a long way to ease that pain.
Maybe even enough for Giants fans to Be the Dodgers, instead of 'Beat L.A.'?

Lol No way Giants fans play as the Dodgers...that's just pushing it too far! I mean I'm digitally downloading it just so I don't own anything Dodger related inside of my room that is surrounded by Giants memorabilia and Bobbleheads lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
“Baseball is a game, yes. It is also a business. But what is most truly is is disguised combat. For all its gentility, its almost leisurely pace, baseball is violence under wraps.” -Willie Mays (The Say Hey Kid)
Old 02-24-2015, 01:58 PM   #90
MVP

HozAndMoose's Arena

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nwo4Life75
Having two world championships in a organization that is very old make those two championships make them that more special! I 've been a Diehard Phillies fan since the 70s,granted I've witnessed some pretty bad seasons,I'm tired of hearing people rip them and knocking them calling them looser franchise the worst ever! For a franchise that's been ripped by people forever,they have been in the postseason more then the Royals! When was the last time the Royals have been in the postseason before last season. Those 70s Phillies teams are some of the best teams in the history of baseball! They won three straight eastern division championships! Two of those teams had 101 wins in 1976 and 1977! Some of the greatest players in the history of baseball! Mike Schmidt,Richie Ashburn,Dick Allen to name a few and Steve Carlton arguably one of the greatest pitcher's of all time!
You are not made for the internet. 2015 Phillies are going to be garbage. Them being good in the 70's doesn't change that one bit.
Old 02-24-2015, 02:21 PM   #91
Rookie

OVR: 1

My most intriguing team:

Mets

This is my favorite team. So I'll try to sell you on them for the purposes of MLB The Show.

They have a plethora of young, controllable, high ceiling, power arms. & a top 10 farm system.

Pitching:

Harvey, deGrom, Wheeler, Syndergaard, Matz, Montero... (to go along with veterans Niese, Colon, Gee) Makes for the potential of a truly dominant starting rotation currently, and in the future.

The bullpen has young fire ballers in Mejia, Familia, & Black. With Parnell coming of TJ, the bullpen is likely one piece away from being a strength.

Hitters:

They also have a decent core of hitters w/ Wright, Duda, d'Arnaud, Granderson, & Lagares.. (To go along with stop gaps in Murphy, Flores*, Cuddyer) With top prospects on the horizon like Herrera, Nimmo, & Conforto to replace these guys, could be a fun, exciting, young core

Additions/GM Moves:

Having a youthful major league ballclub, with an excess of arms, and a top 10 farm system, you can get creative to make the leap to a playoff bound club.

One or two trades (Tulo!!, or maybe something like a Syndergaard for Addison Russell type swap). Or one major FA signing in the offseason like (JUpton, Heyward, A.Gordon, Desmond, or Cespedes) You could turn the Mets into a perennial playoff contender for several years.

Extras:

The ballpark is awesome, the jerseys are dope, they play on the biggest stage in NY, NL = No DH.

Overall they are an organization on the up swing. It would be fulfilling to take them from 6+ straight losing seasons, to a winning ballclub.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-24-2015, 02:22 PM   #92
MVP

bronxbombers21325's Arena

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nwo4Life75
Having two world championships in a organization that is very old make those two championships make them that more special! I 've been a Diehard Phillies fan since the 70s,granted I've witnessed some pretty bad seasons,I'm tired of hearing people rip them and knocking them calling them looser franchise the worst ever! For a franchise that's been ripped by people forever,they have been in the postseason more then the Royals! When was the last time the Royals have been in the postseason before last season. Those 70s Phillies teams are some of the best teams in the history of baseball! They won three straight eastern division championships! Two of those teams had 101 wins in 1976 and 1977! Some of the greatest players in the history of baseball! Mike Schmidt,Richie Ashburn,Dick Allen to name a few and Steve Carlton arguably one of the greatest pitcher's of all time!
They are going to be a bad team this year. Even diehard fans have to realize when their teams arent good. My team has 27 World Series championships, 18 division titles, and 40 American League pennants That means zilch for 2015, they are a 3rd place team at the very best.
New York Yankees, Pittsburgh Steelers, Kentucky Wildcats, #18 Kyle Busch, #4B Jackie Boggs, #0 Scott Bloomquist
Old 02-24-2015, 02:31 PM   #93
Hall Of Fame

redsox4evur's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by bronxbombers21325
They are going to be a bad team this year. Even diehard fans have to realize when their teams arent good. My team has 27 World Series championships, 18 division titles, and 40 American League pennants That means zilch for 2015, they are a 3rd place team at the very best.
Not saying this as a Red Sox fan but I see the Yankees as the 4th place team in the division. I like the Jays, Sox, and Rays better than the Yankees. Rays are vastly underrated this offseason. They have a good pitching staff like they almost always do. And that is not including Matt Moore who is out to start the season.
Old 02-24-2015, 02:37 PM   #94
MVP

bronxbombers21325's Arena

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by redsox4evur
Not saying this as a Red Sox fan but I see the Yankees as the 4th place team in the division. I like the Jays, Sox, and Rays better than the Yankees. Rays are vastly underrated this offseason. They have a good pitching staff like they almost always do. And that is not including Matt Moore who is out to start the season.
Yeah, thats why I said 3rd place at the very best. haha
New York Yankees, Pittsburgh Steelers, Kentucky Wildcats, #18 Kyle Busch, #4B Jackie Boggs, #0 Scott Bloomquist
Old 02-24-2015, 02:50 PM   #95
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghost Of The Year
I'm sure those 3 World Series Championships since the 2002 WS Game 7 has gone a long way to ease that pain.
Maybe even enough for Giants fans to Be the Dodgers, instead of 'Beat L.A.'?

It has gone a long way but I'll still never forgive Russ Ortiz. 8 outs away with a 5-0 lead in game 6! Haha
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-24-2015, 04:01 PM   #96
Persona Non Grata

Ghost Of The Year's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joey
Why are you so angry?...
I'm guessing last place & 23 games back has something to do with it.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »