Home

MLB 15 The Show Livestream - Cubs vs. Pirates: Full Game (Archive Available)

This is a discussion on MLB 15 The Show Livestream - Cubs vs. Pirates: Full Game (Archive Available) within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 02-22-2015, 06:13 PM   #417
Then..Now...Forever

countryboy's Arena

OVR: 62
Re: MLB 15 The Show Livestream - Cubs vs. Pirates: Full Game (Archive Available)

Quote:
Originally Posted by FreeGordon12
The Show is awesome but it could feel stale. It's just so at the top of its game with no other baseball competition, that's what gives it that feel. They definitely need some new commentary/presentation though
They have introduced new commentary this year, so I'm anxious to hear it. I have hopes that some of the cutscenes we saw in some of the trailers will be introduced into the game.

But there are things that I"m hopeful will be added this year or in the years to come.

I miss the old days of Operation Sports :(

Louisville Cardinals/St.Louis Cardinals
Old 02-22-2015, 06:24 PM   #418
MVP

MetsFan16's Arena

OVR: 4
Re: MLB 15 The Show Livestream - Cubs vs. Pirates: Full Game (Archive Available)

Quote:
Originally Posted by countryboy
They have introduced new commentary this year, so I'm anxious to hear it. I have hopes that some of the cutscenes we saw in some of the trailers will be introduced into the game.

But there are things that I"m hopeful will be added this year or in the years to come.
They also mentioned they added a ton of new position specific animations for each throw and putout. I remember in one of the streams, Kirby said that the 1st Baseman has specific animations when a 3rd out is recorded and it would be situational too. Ex. the finger point to the middle infield after turning a sweet double play. I am excited to see these new animations and here the commentary lines attached
Old 02-22-2015, 06:30 PM   #419
Rookie

zbundy3's Arena

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kernel Pie
Quote the words "development team" or "they are" in my original post. It's easy to attack a strawman, isn't it?

But I don't blame you -- I would build a strawman, too, if I wanted to deflect from the central argument, which is that they are rehashing the same low-variety, outdated, utterly stale on-the-field presentation animations for the last 4 years. "That is" (not "they are") lazy - or whatever other adjective you'd like to attach to it.

There is no defense for not adding to or up****** the animations, especially considering the game is now on a next-gen system and is the only baseball game on the market. If you play this game in broadcast mode this year, and have played any one of MLB 12, 13, or 14, you have basically already seen every single presentation animation relative to the flow or excitement of every single game you will play in MLB 15 from the moment you open the wrapper. And that's not stale to you?

Players (especially pitchers) have no individuality or variety, batters have like 10 walkups and swing motions to choose from for 200+ hitters in a league, the dugout basically doesn't exist, and the only fan we see is one of the Devs holding a sign during the lineup call.

To me, and I'm sure to a lot of other long-time supporters, not adding at least a few new animations (I mean 20-30 new pitcher/batter reactions would've killed you?) is a huge disappointment and a major letdown for the game's first true release on the PS4.

If this game had a competitor this year, I would have flat-out jumped ship after seeing this video.
This is from the Fact Sheet:
Quote:
Originally Posted by HustlinOwl
  • More than 70 new situational third out fielding animations
  • More than 90 new personal batting stances
  • More than 120 batting stance re-captures
  • More than 50 new personal pitching motions
  • More than 120 pitching motion re-captures
  • More than 45 new signature HR swings
  • More than 900 new presentation animations
  • More than 700 new gameplay animations
Good thing mlb 15 is exactly the same as mlb 12 with zero changes because that game was sweet!!!!
Old 02-22-2015, 06:37 PM   #420
Rookie

OVR: 1

I believe MLB 15 is going to be the tenth iteration of The Show. That would officially make it the longest running baseball video game series (2K lasted 9 iterations and the last 3, quite literally, were just roster updates).

When you get to this point, with so much code built upon code of previous versions, it's incredibly difficult to overhaul everything, or even a lot, in one development year without running the risk of seriously jeopardizing an already stable, quality product. As consumers, I feel we should do a better job of understanding that.

However, what should be acknowledged is that the arrival of the PS4 offered the chance for the developers to really overhaul a lot of things for the new platform. Instead, what I, and I'm sure quite a few others feel like, is that SCEA continued to decide to play it safe and build upon the foundational base that already existed on the PS3. It didn't help that MLB 14 on PS4 felt rushed and, I suspect, was a forced deliverable by upper level Sony management.

I can argue for both sides whether that was the correct or incorrect decision, but without using the dreaded "P" word, I think this is a big reason why the series still feels the same as it has, and why many people are disappointed. Some saw the ambitious strategy that 2K basketball took on their initial next gen offering last year, and while that version obviously had issues, the direction they were heading in was exciting. I don't presume to speak for most people, but I think lots want that kind of excitement with the Show as well.
Old 02-22-2015, 07:24 PM   #421
Rookie

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grnngld
I believe MLB 15 is going to be the tenth iteration of The Show. That would officially make it the longest running baseball video game series (2K lasted 9 iterations and the last 3, quite literally, were just roster updates).

When you get to this point, with so much code built upon code of previous versions, it's incredibly difficult to overhaul everything, or even a lot, in one development year without running the risk of seriously jeopardizing an already stable, quality product. As consumers, I feel we should do a better job of understanding that.

However, what should be acknowledged is that the arrival of the PS4 offered the chance for the developers to really overhaul a lot of things for the new platform. Instead, what I, and I'm sure quite a few others feel like, is that SCEA continued to decide to play it safe and build upon the foundational base that already existed on the PS3. It didn't help that MLB 14 on PS4 felt rushed and, I suspect, was a forced deliverable by upper level Sony management.

I can argue for both sides whether that was the correct or incorrect decision, but without using the dreaded "P" word, I think this is a big reason why the series still feels the same as it has, and why many people are disappointed. Some saw the ambitious strategy that 2K basketball took on their initial next gen offering last year, and while that version obviously had issues, the direction they were heading in was exciting. I don't presume to speak for most people, but I think lots want that kind of excitement with the Show as well.

Yeah. I keep coming back to how their big selling point for MLB 14 on PS4 was "feature parity" and how the show won't take a couple of years to get up to the number of features that the PS3 game had. I think there was a big fear among sports games about repeating the mistakes that they made during the last generational jump and so parity and stability were placed above rehauling the games or big innovations.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-22-2015, 07:46 PM   #422
Rookie

ATTENTION EVERYONE: I made a twitter account with the hopes of voicing our desire for transferable rosters in MLB The Show. Follow the account here @TransfShowRost

Post with the hashtag in the bio, #GetTransferableRostersInTheShow15 and add @MLBTheShow so they see it

Hopefully we can get the hashtag trending and get it noticed by MLB The Show and their developers. It's worth a shot, hopefully others feel the same way.

Thanks
Old 02-22-2015, 07:55 PM   #423
MVP

tnixen's Arena

MLB The Show "broadcast Presentation" has basically been stuck in neutral for the last 10 years!

I think speak for a whole lot of us here when I say for MLB 16 The Show the developers should make the "broadcast Presentation" feature the number 1 priority. This would include flashy new Stat overlays including new HR Stat Overlay popup and better in between inning due up Stat overlays, Beginning of game stadium fly ins showing fans walking into the gates and buying food, better commentary including announcing of the starting line ups for both teams. Maybe even pre and post game shows from a studio. And many new camera views like seen in that summer wind trailer. And like others have said adding a lot more Batter walk ups, swing motions, better non robotic pitching motions and brand new player models would really go a long way in making MLB The Show really feel fresh, different and new.

For me MLB 14 The Show is almost perfect except for one very very very big part of the game and that is the
"Presentation" with all the power that the PS4 has and seeing what that other baseball video game has done with it's Presentation on much less powerful game systems I just expect a lot more from the Presentation in MLB The show on the PS4.

My statements are just my feelings and maybe others and also to help the developers improve the game!
Old 02-22-2015, 07:58 PM   #424
SCEA Community Manager

Russell_SCEA's Arena

OVR: 29

Quote:
Originally Posted by FreeGordon12
ATTENTION EVERYONE: I made a twitter account with the hopes of voicing our desire for transferable rosters in MLB The Show. Follow the account here @TransfShowRost

Post with the hashtag in the bio, #GetTransferableRostersInTheShow15 and add @MLBTheShow so they see it

Hopefully we can get the hashtag trending and get it noticed by MLB The Show and their developers. It's worth a shot, hopefully others feel the same way.

Thanks

Not happening this year period, it is on the list for next year though.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »