Home

MLB 15 The Show Livestream - Cubs vs. Pirates: Full Game (Archive Available)

This is a discussion on MLB 15 The Show Livestream - Cubs vs. Pirates: Full Game (Archive Available) within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 02-21-2015, 07:49 PM   #393
Banned

OVR: 4
Re: MLB 15 The Show Livestream - Cubs vs. Pirates: Full Game (Archive Available)

Quote:
Originally Posted by NAFBUC
SCEA has zero control over a player reporting to spring training with a beard (Adam Jones) and then decides to shave later. When you think about it, SCEA was proactive to include AJ with a beard.

Another example is Dustin Pedroia who was all in on the Red Sox team beard bonding the previous year, and started last season with the beard. Dustin shaved his beard during the season and what can you do?

Unless we can edit player features, nothing SCEA can do with the beard.
I will say, although it was cool seeing the new beard visuals in the game, especially on Pedey, seeing him ONLY like that was kinda annoying. He would only wear a beard like that in the playoffs.
Old 02-21-2015, 07:53 PM   #394
Banned

OVR: 4
Re: MLB 15 The Show Livestream - Cubs vs. Pirates: Full Game (Archive Available)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skyboxer
Maybe already talked about (haven't really went through everything) but is there any way to get shadows on the baserunners in the base running window?
I know it's a small thing but was wondering. No real biggie.
If you're talking about the windows showing the runners on the base paths, they dont exist anymore... there is no more player animations in this sense... (reference is 5:40 from part 2 of 2).
Old 02-21-2015, 08:05 PM   #395
Rookie

pirates1fan's Arena

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by NDAlum
Nitpick: I really want the Pirates jerseys to be a more black color and not so faded looking...
Another nitpick, the Jolly Roger on the Pirates uniform has white bats in real life, not gold. Really, not a big deal to me though, just joining in.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-21-2015, 09:31 PM   #396
Titans Era has begun.

HealyMonster's Arena

OVR: 31

Quote:
Originally Posted by Madden's Jowels
It's not unchanged. Did you watch the stream at all? Centerfield at PNC is now fully lit.

People have been discussing whether the crowds/batters eye and/or the cityscape should be lit brighter, but the actual field is now lit up and much improved.
I did watch the stream, and it's still,darker than the rest of the field. Not sure why they are having such problems with lighting.
Old 02-21-2015, 11:00 PM   #397
MVP

Hockeynut99's Arena

OVR: 0

I have a feeling when you are on ground level especially at home plate the lights would be too bright to see the things really lit up in the background.
Old 02-22-2015, 05:29 AM   #398
Rookie

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knight165
Haha....you call one of the hardest working, most open dev teams in the gaming industry LAZY(you did....there is no denying it) and you want respect?

HAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHa
ha....
har....
hardy...har....har.

C'mon, get real.

M.K.
Knight165
Quote the words "development team" or "they are" in my original post. It's easy to attack a strawman, isn't it?

But I don't blame you -- I would build a strawman, too, if I wanted to deflect from the central argument, which is that they are rehashing the same low-variety, outdated, utterly stale on-the-field presentation animations for the last 4 years. "That is" (not "they are") lazy - or whatever other adjective you'd like to attach to it.

There is no defense for not adding to or updating the animations, especially considering the game is now on a next-gen system and is the only baseball game on the market. If you play this game in broadcast mode this year, and have played any one of MLB 12, 13, or 14, you have basically already seen every single presentation animation relative to the flow or excitement of every single game you will play in MLB 15 from the moment you open the wrapper. And that's not stale to you?

Players (especially pitchers) have no individuality or variety, batters have like 10 walkups and swing motions to choose from for 200+ hitters in a league, the dugout basically doesn't exist, and the only fan we see is one of the Devs holding a sign during the lineup call.

To me, and I'm sure to a lot of other long-time supporters, not adding at least a few new animations (I mean 20-30 new pitcher/batter reactions would've killed you?) is a huge disappointment and a major letdown for the game's first true release on the PS4.

If this game had a competitor this year, I would have flat-out jumped ship after seeing this video.
Old 02-22-2015, 06:42 AM   #399
Pro

cubby blue's Arena

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kernel Pie
Quote the words "development team" or "they are" in my original post. It's easy to attack a strawman, isn't it?

But I don't blame you -- I would build a strawman, too, if I wanted to deflect from the central argument, which is that they are rehashing the same low-variety, outdated, utterly stale on-the-field presentation animations for the last 4 years. "That is" (not "they are") lazy - or whatever other adjective you'd like to attach to it.

There is no defense for not adding to or updating the animations, especially considering the game is now on a next-gen system and is the only baseball game on the market. If you play this game in broadcast mode this year, and have played any one of MLB 12, 13, or 14, you have basically already seen every single presentation animation relative to the flow or excitement of every single game you will play in MLB 15 from the moment you open the wrapper. And that's not stale to you?

Players (especially pitchers) have no individuality or variety, batters have like 10 walkups and swing motions to choose from for 200+ hitters in a league, the dugout basically doesn't exist, and the only fan we see is one of the Devs holding a sign during the lineup call.

To me, and I'm sure to a lot of other long-time supporters, not adding at least a few new animations (I mean 20-30 new pitcher/batter reactions would've killed you?) is a huge disappointment and a major letdown for the game's first true release on the PS4.

If this game had a competitor this year, I would have flat-out jumped ship after seeing this video.
If you don't like the game, don't buy it.
Bulls
Old 02-22-2015, 12:35 PM   #400
[Player 1]

thaSLAB's Arena

OVR: 30

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kernel Pie

There's always RBI Baseball, Super Mega Baseball, and Pro Yakyuu Spirits (which didn't even make the jump to next gen) - so technically, there is competition. Although, competition (or lack thereof) has 0 bearing on how the game is developed. Or you can play old games from other competitors, because they had 100s of batter walk up animations right? Anyway, no one is forcing you to buy the game.

As for the first part of your post, everyone here can understand the inference of what you typed.

htcONE [M8] 5.0 | Tapatalk

YouTube

Last edited by thaSLAB; 02-22-2015 at 12:44 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »